Monthly RR - CANADIAN EDITION

Received from @moneill …lovely Colorful card! Thank you very much

2 Likes

Hahaha it is for sure the opposite of a Keep Calm card! Great choice…Thank you very much @doryfera

5 Likes

Thank you @doryfera for a picturesque view of Victoria.
I echo your sentiments about Chamomile - not my cup of tea either! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Received from @doryfera today. Thank you Julia for the nice woman reading card and for sharing what books you like with me. I have a big list of book recommendations from postcrossers. Slowly working my way through them

2 Likes

Received:
an Owl card from @HookedonPostcards (this is a card #214 in my Owl collection :slight_smile: )
a Bald Eagle from @doryfera (information about herons is really interesting!)
Thank you!

3 Likes

So glad it is an original for you @garvey; hard to do when one is sending to a serious collector. :slight_smile:

Good morning @Stinkypaw , I received a lovely note from @HookedonPostcards re a Canadian RR, now I am very new but love the idea of a Canadian gathering.

Not sure how to go about this, I will attempt to read more about RR.

Appreciate your time
Mdm samm

1 Like

@Helloleah27
What a cute card. Yhabks. I’d love to be as cool as them !!
How did the duCk make out? Im glad you had a wonderful Mothers Day.

1 Like

@JasonDavid
Thanks for the cards Jason.i love that they support Ukrainian!!! Beautiful choice.

I

adore the donkey too!! But you knew i would ; ) haha.

Have a good weekend.

2 Likes

@doryfera
Thanks Julia for this interesting Buddhist card.
I will google them tonight to find out more about them. Have a nice weekend.

2 Likes

Our neighbor put her in a box and took her to the bird wildlife rescue… so hopefully she is doing good and is ok❤️ @farmgirll … thanks for asking…

L

1 Like

Hi Meghan @moneill thank you so much for the alien cat postcard… sooo cute…hmmm interesting to think they are here to spy on us!! And I love love the GIVE LIFE stamp as it shows

the importance of organ and tissue donation…:heart::heart: I bought those too… The aliens cat sticker is a nice touch!! Happy May… take care…

L

3 Likes

I’ve sent 8 of my 11 postcards for May!! almost there!! Happy May…and GO OILERS!!!

L

1 Like

Hi Alexander @garvey Thank you for the Flowerpot Island postcard… wow that looks so nice there… that reminds me a little of Vancouver… it sounds like you and your family travel a lot…Have a great month and write again in May😊…take care!!

L

1 Like

Hi Jason @JasonDavid Thank you for the postcard about the Ukraine… yes kind of does remind me of a wedding too…The wedding is coming up quick…but mostly I can’t believe I have a daughter old enough to be married…and my youngest graduating from University this May!! Like what?!? @moneill sent me a postcard saying that some people believe cats are aliens and sent here to spy on us!! what do you think?? I don’t have a cat so I couldn’t say…and dogs are too goofy for that!!!

And yes…I am surrounded in big Oiler fans… I got a shirt to support the Oilers and my co-workers always make me wear it on game days…because the Oilers win when I do… Last night I had to dig it out of the laundry to put it on… and wear it around the house… and so tonight they wanted me to dig it out of the laundry again and wear it to work unwashed for good luck tomorrow night…I had to draw the line and wash it…lol

Have a great month!!:blush:

L

3 Likes

Two more great cards! From @moneill this amazing indigenous art card by Simeon. Really love the colours and design, thanks Meghan and I hope the dinosaur exhibit was a success!

From @HookedonPostcards, an interior view of Parkwood National historic site in Oshawa - thanks Helen, it’s great to learn of the existence of a historic site of which I was unaware!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

3 Likes

I received several wonderful postcards yesterday and today!

@moneill - thank you for the Rockyview Hotel postcard - I loved reading the history and the card itself with its watercolour artwork is truly gorgeous! So nifty that its bar allowed women & men to drink together before any other place in the province. P.S. Love the honky-tonk pianist outside the hotel.

@helloleah27 - such a fun reproduction card - imagine buying coffee in tins. I looked up the original Chase & Sanborn ad and discovered someone on Etsy selling an original from 1954. I hope you’re able to visit my town again sometime soon and enjoy the places you love – they’re favourites of mine, too :wink: And thank you for the compassionate and meaningful work you do!

@scotgirl - waves across the water Glad to see we both have an Island connection! Thank you for the beautiful and very interesting Buddha card with its postage marks. I got out Google Translate and worked out that some of them are from Beijing and Shanghai. Lovely art card, much appreciated.

@evank - I’m glad you had a weekend getaway recently – hope you had a good time! (I haven’t been to Mayne yet myself, but I’d love to :wink: ) And thank you for the postcardsss, plural, wow!, including a beach in Barbados, the Parthenon in Nashville (!), and the ‘Weird Science’ image of a remote control device shaving the chin of a very trusting gentleman. Loved all of them.

Thank you everyone, love them all so much!

3 Likes

Two cards received yesterday

From @garvey a very cool card featuring magicians of times gone past. Thank you!

I agree, it would be cool if there was footage of those old shows.

And from @SCOTGIRL a very sweet postcard of a girl with her luggage

Hats like those would have been excellent hiding places. Maybe women were furtively transporting items under those hats and in hatboxes! I would have! :grin: It’s wild to think that at one point a woman going out hatless was a scandal akin to going about naked!

1 Like

Three cards to report:

• from @doryfera, a nice Reading Woman II series card with Canada 150 stamp. Love the quotes you shared! :smiley:
  • from @SCOTGIRL, a beautiful mother card for my May theme. Hope your daughter is feeling better!
  • from @moneill, a stunning Jacobson painting with emphasis on purple. Really beautiful! I wonder how many of us Postcrossers ask friends to pick up cards for us?? :wink:

Thank you all for the happy mail!

3 Likes

More cards arriving!

Thank you @evank for the happy mail package! I missed this! Glad to see you again!
My husband did set up my bike! But I’ve had no chbace to try it out yet! By the time both kids are sleeping it’s too late to go for a ride! My son goes in the little sidecar but my husband is the one driving that thing! Baby girl is still too young to go on bike rides with us!
I don’t have any other favorite ice cream flavors! I never eat any flavor other than chocolate! I love chocolate too much, if I pick another one I regret not having had chocolate :joy:

Thank you @JasonDavid for the beautiful fox card for a great cause! I love the paper cranes, they have great meaning. I always said that if I were to get a tattoo, that’s what it would be. But I’m probably never going to get a tattoo :joy: Thank you for the kids’ books recommendation :blush:

2 Likes