Monthly RR - CANADIAN EDITION

Hi Meghan @moneill thank you so much for the alien cat postcard… sooo cute…hmmm interesting to think they are here to spy on us!! And I love love the GIVE LIFE stamp as it shows

the importance of organ and tissue donation…:heart::heart: I bought those too… The aliens cat sticker is a nice touch!! Happy May… take care…

L

3 Likes

I’ve sent 8 of my 11 postcards for May!! almost there!! Happy May…and GO OILERS!!!

L

1 Like

Hi Alexander @garvey Thank you for the Flowerpot Island postcard… wow that looks so nice there… that reminds me a little of Vancouver… it sounds like you and your family travel a lot…Have a great month and write again in May😊…take care!!

L

1 Like

Hi Jason @JasonDavid Thank you for the postcard about the Ukraine… yes kind of does remind me of a wedding too…The wedding is coming up quick…but mostly I can’t believe I have a daughter old enough to be married…and my youngest graduating from University this May!! Like what?!? @moneill sent me a postcard saying that some people believe cats are aliens and sent here to spy on us!! what do you think?? I don’t have a cat so I couldn’t say…and dogs are too goofy for that!!!

And yes…I am surrounded in big Oiler fans… I got a shirt to support the Oilers and my co-workers always make me wear it on game days…because the Oilers win when I do… Last night I had to dig it out of the laundry to put it on… and wear it around the house… and so tonight they wanted me to dig it out of the laundry again and wear it to work unwashed for good luck tomorrow night…I had to draw the line and wash it…lol

Have a great month!!:blush:

L

3 Likes

Two more great cards! From @moneill this amazing indigenous art card by Simeon. Really love the colours and design, thanks Meghan and I hope the dinosaur exhibit was a success!

From @HookedonPostcards, an interior view of Parkwood National historic site in Oshawa - thanks Helen, it’s great to learn of the existence of a historic site of which I was unaware!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

3 Likes

I received several wonderful postcards yesterday and today!

@moneill - thank you for the Rockyview Hotel postcard - I loved reading the history and the card itself with its watercolour artwork is truly gorgeous! So nifty that its bar allowed women & men to drink together before any other place in the province. P.S. Love the honky-tonk pianist outside the hotel.

@helloleah27 - such a fun reproduction card - imagine buying coffee in tins. I looked up the original Chase & Sanborn ad and discovered someone on Etsy selling an original from 1954. I hope you’re able to visit my town again sometime soon and enjoy the places you love – they’re favourites of mine, too :wink: And thank you for the compassionate and meaningful work you do!

@scotgirl - waves across the water Glad to see we both have an Island connection! Thank you for the beautiful and very interesting Buddha card with its postage marks. I got out Google Translate and worked out that some of them are from Beijing and Shanghai. Lovely art card, much appreciated.

@evank - I’m glad you had a weekend getaway recently – hope you had a good time! (I haven’t been to Mayne yet myself, but I’d love to :wink: ) And thank you for the postcardsss, plural, wow!, including a beach in Barbados, the Parthenon in Nashville (!), and the ‘Weird Science’ image of a remote control device shaving the chin of a very trusting gentleman. Loved all of them.

Thank you everyone, love them all so much!

3 Likes

Two cards received yesterday

From @garvey a very cool card featuring magicians of times gone past. Thank you!

I agree, it would be cool if there was footage of those old shows.

And from @SCOTGIRL a very sweet postcard of a girl with her luggage

Hats like those would have been excellent hiding places. Maybe women were furtively transporting items under those hats and in hatboxes! I would have! :grin: It’s wild to think that at one point a woman going out hatless was a scandal akin to going about naked!

1 Like

Three cards to report:

• from @doryfera, a nice Reading Woman II series card with Canada 150 stamp. Love the quotes you shared! :smiley:
  • from @SCOTGIRL, a beautiful mother card for my May theme. Hope your daughter is feeling better!
  • from @moneill, a stunning Jacobson painting with emphasis on purple. Really beautiful! I wonder how many of us Postcrossers ask friends to pick up cards for us?? :wink:

Thank you all for the happy mail!

3 Likes

More cards arriving!

Thank you @evank for the happy mail package! I missed this! Glad to see you again!
My husband did set up my bike! But I’ve had no chbace to try it out yet! By the time both kids are sleeping it’s too late to go for a ride! My son goes in the little sidecar but my husband is the one driving that thing! Baby girl is still too young to go on bike rides with us!
I don’t have any other favorite ice cream flavors! I never eat any flavor other than chocolate! I love chocolate too much, if I pick another one I regret not having had chocolate :joy:

Thank you @JasonDavid for the beautiful fox card for a great cause! I love the paper cranes, they have great meaning. I always said that if I were to get a tattoo, that’s what it would be. But I’m probably never going to get a tattoo :joy: Thank you for the kids’ books recommendation :blush:

2 Likes

More beautiful cards received. Thank you @doryfera for the gorgeous Japanese bird card. I’ve never been to Japan (apart from a stop over in the Tokyo airport, which doesn’t count), and hope to go t some day.

Thank you @moneill for the mama themed card of Barn Owls. And it’s lovely think about all the different ways that people mother, and are mothered. (-:

Thanks @farmgirll for the card from Waskesiu. I actually have many fond memories of Waskieu - I learned to canoe and camp in Northern Saskatchewan and spent many summer weeks in Waskesiu. We’d sit out on a dock in the summer nights and watch the northern lights. Thanks for the memories!!

And thank you @HookedonPostcards for the lovely swan and cygnets card. A mother’s day theme, with a card passed down from you mother. (-:

3 Likes

Happy Sunday everyone!

Cards received this week from:
@HookedonPostcards - a postcard game to entertain guests with - thank you!
@moneill - a steampunk aviator goose - terrific and my favourite postcard so far - thank you! I like your little drawing too!
@garvey - thank you for this graffiti’ed boat - I’m sure it had a good life.
@SCOTGIRL - a friendly sloth - Cute! Thank you very much.

3 Likes

Thank you @farmgirll i like my bear!:m:

1 Like

Received lovely card from @JasonDavid . Lovely colors! Thank you very much

1 Like

REMINDER TO ALL PARTICIPANTS Your cards for the month of May should all be sent by now. Don’t forget to post when you have sent out your cards. Thanks for your help in this!

Before I forget, can I join for June?

Also, more cards to report!

@doryfera sent Lunenburg houses!!! I visited Lunenburg when I was young and absolutely fell in love! For the longest time I had written in my PC profile that I would love to receive a card about Lunenburg but removed it because I thought, what are the odds?! Thank you so much for this perfect card :green_heart::green_heart: Hope to exchange with you again in the next months!

@HookedonPostcards sent the most interesting world map made from spices! I love it!! Recently, I have been putting Montreal steak spices, spicy mix, on everything :upside_down_face: Thank you for making me see the world in different ways this month :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@AnitaGrace sent a Mother’s Day card for Ukraine! I actually spent the Saturday before Mother’s Day in the ER waiting room - everything turned out fine, but what a waste of a beautiful day! So I was just glad for a normal day the next Sunday, ha! Charlevoix is beautiful from what I have heard! I believe I have only ever been once. Thank you!:cherry_blossom:

@moneill sent the most beautiful watercolor of Moraine Lake!! Thank you so much! I love this! I checked the artist’s shop, unfortunately she is not selling for a while! Love the vintage stamps as well! I actually did not know about the Group of Seven, so thank you for teaching me something as well! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Thank you, @AnitaGrace, for the beautiful TPH card in support of the Canada-Ukraine Foundation and Peace for Ukraine. Love it! Also, what a clever stamp choice (HRH 60th anniversary)! :slight_smile: Mother’s Day was bliss … :bouquet:

2 Likes

Three more cards to report!

Thanks @AnitaGrace for the amazing Stand with Ukraine card. The artist, Colin White, has done some amazing sketches of iconic (but not nationally famous) Ottawa buildings, so really happy to add this sketch to my collection. Great stamps, too! Hope you don’t spot the local, um, ‘wildlife’ in your backyard too often! :cat2: Thanks Anita!

From @SCOTGIRL a fantastic Indigenous art map of Canada! That one was on my favourites wall, so many thanks for that thoughtful selection, Margaret!

From @LaurenceB a really remarkable cedar loon card, wow thanks Laurence! I’ve heard of cards like this but never received one before - so kind of you to send it! Sorry to hear about the allergies - I hope she’ll still be able to share your love of chocolate ice cream!

4 Likes

@SCOTGIRL

Thanks for the lovely bouquet!! I bring flowers home weekely and i would totally have wanted to get these ones : ) thanks.

@moneill

Thanks for this pretty card.we started seeding this week so my husband is very :blush: :smiley: :grinning:…and that makes me happy!! Day 2 of cooking fir the men…noone has died yet :tired_face:

@AnitaGrace thanks for the beth stikeman card.
They are very nice.
Our cats are just starting to go outside!! My daughter moved with her 2 cats june 1st. Then we will be down to 4!!! They enjoy bird watching

Thanks. Have a great week. Crystal

4 Likes

@evank oh Evan you make me chuckle. Nunchuk Neudorf hahah… love :heart: it hehehe.
Thanks for the smiles and the cards/ stickers.
Have a great week. your truly NN lol

3 Likes

Two more RR cards in today’s post!

@hookedonpostcards - I loved the very striking still by Dana Claxton - I did a little digging for context and discovered that her The Red Paper (1996) “parodies Shakespearian drama while providing an Indigenous view of the European invasion of the Americas”. (Hope I can see it someday!) The photography festival sounds fun; I took a peek at the website and it looks fantastic.

@farmgirrl - thank you for the marine park card with the cheerful-looking whales! I adore belugas :slight_smile: and I’ve always been intrigued by the Saguenay ever since first seeing “Sunrise on the Saguenay” in art history class. By the way, I have relatives in Saskatchewan so we have a little connection there. I hope you had a wonderful horse holiday and that the Sask weather behaved itself!

3 Likes