Show Your Maxipics (Maximum Pictures)

I went to Tallinn this summer and sent a few cards with the view from our hotel room in the background, as the tower was shown in most of the cards I sent. Here’s one of them:

10 Likes

The Monument to the laboratory mouse is a sculpture in Akademgorodok, Novosibirsk, Siberia

12 Likes

Here is the store manager of Hong Kong Reader, an amazing local bookstore, and the postcard I got there.

14 Likes

This is not a real Maxi picture, but nearly…. And it’s beautiful :heart_eyes:

I‘ve made it on my vacation in Greece some weeks ago :greece:

3 Likes

Is this photo also included in maxipics? :see_no_evil:
This is a famous local dish called Houtou from Yamanashi Prefecture.

17 Likes

Easter vacation on the fourth largest island of Germany - Sylt! Lighthouse of Kampen.

7 Likes

Have you ever taken photos that feature your postcards as the main subject? Have you ever uploaded these pictures to the official Postcrossing website? Let’s share them here!

I did this with some of the cards that I sent from China during my trip two months ago. Since I usually scan my cards and had no scanner at my disposal while travelling, I decided to get creative!

This shows Chongqing’s famous Yangtze River Cableway, which crosses the river and enters straight into the concrete jungle of the central district. Imagine riding in a cable car with skyscrapers on both sides…

We’re still in Chongqing. This is Liziba Station, one of the stops of the city’s metro system. It’s special because it goes straight into the 6th floor of a residential building. To get on the train, we had to go underground, so we were surprised to see that we were still that high up!

Xi’an Bell Tower. An ancient structure from 1384, in the heart of Xi’an (which is also in the heart of China). This place is way colder than Chongqing (it was snowing too).

No monument this time, just a mailbox. I was in Dunhuang, in China’s “Far West” (look it up on the map!). It was -9°C that night, so that’s why I was all gloved up. You can see my skateboard as well, which I used to explore all these Chinese cities.

Now it’s your turn! Show everyone your pics! They don’t have to be registered cards on Postcrossing :wink:

13 Likes

I sent one from my local historic carousel in Albany, OR, USA :slight_smile:

I want to go back and take more of each carousel animal!

8 Likes

Some places you can get postcards of in Atlantic Canada:

World’s largest axe

World’s largest lobster

World’s longest covered bridge

Green Gables

10 Likes
7 Likes

LA city hall. The postcard is from the 1940s. It’s surprising the skyline hasn’t changed from this angle in 80 years.

13 Likes

Love these and this topic! Finally got around to trying myself when out this weekend with family in town. I’ve got to work on better technique to get less depth of field, so not as blurry. May have to dust off old DSLR camera and see if still works.

One of the best places to eat (Big Nose Kate’s Saloon) and one of the worst (The Longhorn) in Tombstone Arizona.

8 Likes

I have a few of such pictures!

Philippines:

Taiwan:

Japan:

Fun fact: I only found out this place existed because I received this postcard so I made sure to include it in my itinerary when I went to Fukuoka :grin:

Malaysia:

Singapore:

21 Likes

Wow! You are quite the traveler!

Cypress Gardens at Legoland

The Maxipic

Maxipic at the Legoland historic Cypress Gardens botanical gardens that have been a Florida staple since 1939. The gardens are a horticultural masterpiece with exotic plants from all over the world such as over 30 kinds of palms, 10 varieties of banana trees, 15 types of azaleas, 10 kinds of camelias and more and are kept in pristine condition. The gardens are also home to a giant Banyan tree that was planted as a seedling in 1939!

Registered here:

The postcard

A Southern Belle in the Cypress Gardens section of LEGOLAND Florida

8 Likes

Wow… those legos on the lady’s skirt lost a lot of color, didn’t they? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

3 Likes