Show your Food Packaging cards

I’ve sent these “card” a few weeks ago. I saved this for 10 month without knowing, that anyone would like to have such things - and without knowing about Postcrossing :wink:

15 Likes

This is what I sometimes do since I joined Postcrossing 2 years ago. I buy snacks because the packaging is beautiful to be a postcard, especially when the size is perfectly 4 x 6 :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

I’ve sent these food package cards:

If you use Papersisters’ postcard stickers for the backside, they nearly look like storebought cards. :wink:

8 Likes

this is a nice thread and I’m happy that the food package cards
become more common in the meantime!!!
for me it’s easy to find special ones because of our different
characters here each package become special, and also in the
themes, dates with pic of traditional clothing and so on…
here two samples of Iranian tea:

IR-6201

IR-3520

12 Likes

Covid interfered with my brother’s family coming to visit, so after everybody healed up I started sending them a postcard a day urging them to come visit for a weekend. The first package card I sent, was of beer with a comment on back, “Can you believe I ran out of postcards? Oddly enough, I ran out of beer too!” Another from Boost energy drink with a comment, “It sure would BOOST our spirits, if you would come visit.” And ACT popcorn comment, “Act now and come see us!” So you can have a lot of fun with it. I have not sent any of them here on postcrossing, but I have not had a request or seen it as an item of interest in the profile either.

20 Likes

Thank you @clareaye for opening up this conversation.
I’ve learned a lot from it, and will now save some interesting packaging just for that moment when a Postcrosser comes along …
So … WHO KNEW :exclamation: :question:
Thanks to you! :hugs:

5 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: Those are great examples of good use!

Just posting the link to my collection album real quick here and then I’ll start reading all replies! :smiley:

Edit after reading: You guys have such amazing ideas, you should all come over to the food package card tag. :smiley:

12 Likes

found some more on my other account I made back the time when I had 2 accounts

Dragon Beard candy. was very interessting candy loved it a lot from a penpal in Hong Kong I unfortunately seem to have lost contact…

milk pack of my most favourite goat milk. Not sure anymore how I wrote it if I just wrote on the silver backside or if I glued anything on it

1 Like

I love food package cards, too! :heart_eyes:
And I must admit, I, too, sometimes buy food for the boxes - this has added a lot of variety to our stock of cereals, sweets and savoury snacks! :grin:

5 Likes

Actually I have quite often profiles who ask for food package postcards - the problem is, I don’t have food packages :grinning: Recently I saved an ice cream package for the next case, but my own fav. ice creams package has not the right size…

I received once this postcard:

and also one with strawberry cake on it in the forum.

I send for the forum one to @Axolotl_ who uploaded her album here before.

4 Likes

The last I got is this. I think they are funny to have, sometimes.

I send them too, but only to people who likes them.

4 Likes

I love it when people request food packages. Here’s some I’ve sent:

8 Likes

Beng-beng, the most famous chocolate bar in Indonesia :smiley:

We pronounce beng-beng like Bang Bang (the famous song by Nancy Sinatra)… My baby shot me down… Bang Bang…

2 Likes

Found another account that’s sent a bunch: User Yaikohan, from Japan

1 Like

These are the food packages I received:

And these are a few of the package cards I sent

10 Likes

Omg there’s a Kinder thing there that I’ve never seen before :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’ve never thought about sending or asking for food packaging as postcards but this box is just super cute, I’d love to receive something like that :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ve only had one request so far:

3 Likes

My attempt, from some rather striking beer packaging

GB-1332478

10 Likes