Show your cards/stamps in memory of Queen Elizabeth II

With the breaking news of the passing of the Queen, I am looking at my stack of mail and stamps and see her face in so many different motifs and stamps/postcards themes. Could be neat to see everyone’s favourite cards or stamps tellings the stories of her life.

What would you ask her if you could get the real story on any of the historical moments she would have witnessed or been privy to?

Whether you are a royals fan or disagree with the monarchy, the truth is, this singular human being lived a remarkable life and is one of the most respected figures of all time. I look forward to seeing all the things you have to share!

28 Likes

I actually was at the post office picking up these stamps and when I returned home and heard ….This will be certainly be another day we will always remember where we were…

September 8, 2022 in the pm, and this photo below was just taken on Tuesday Sept 6th of this week…

This is an image our Canadian publications has put out….she so loved pastels and solid colours…

Long live her life in our hearts…

34 Likes

Thanks so much for opening that wonderful thread. :smiley::+1:
I am very sad. :cry:
Following the news on TV and the special coverage there.
Trying to process the sad news.

12 Likes

These are great! I didnt know that about pastels but that is a beautiful portrait.

1 Like

I feel sad as well. I am surprised because I wouldnt identify myself as a monarchy enthusiast but I suppose I just find her life in particular really fascinating and I respect her and the commitment to what she devoted her life to. Feels like an end of an era

9 Likes

I bought these beautiful cards of the Queen at the Palace of Holyrood house in Edinburgh, which is the Queen’s official residence in Scotland.
The photos were taken in June 1952 a few months after she became Queen at age 25.

I have many postcards of the Queen but these are my favourite.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

39 Likes

Thanks for this thread. In Oz I’ve woken early to this sad news. As our Prime Minister has just said as part of his statement ‘…Her Majesty was a rare and reassuring constant amidst rapid change.’

I would just have loved to sit at her table and listen to her reflect on the changes she observed during her lifetime.

May she rest in peace.

30 Likes

These are just the stamps i had within arm’s reach of my work desk.

31 Likes

Some of the Maxicards produced this year.
Queen Elizabeth 1926 - 2022

47 Likes

Not a monarchist, but you have to admire the consistent leadership & public service she provided over the years in spite of her family.

I’d love to get a frank take on what she really thought of her 15 Prime Ministers and how she might have voted in each election if she could have, lol

I’d also have loved to have asked her what ordinary things she would have liked to have done that we take for granted, aside from voting.

I love the cover of this 80th Birthday stamp booklet from 1996 showing her at different ages. And I loved she was happy to wear bold colours often.

23 Likes

totally agree with you. I would love to hear her frank opinion on what she really thought about most things she likely would have been neutral in the public eye.

4 Likes

I received this nice card

8 Likes

I was sent this card not long ago

11 Likes

24 Likes

15 Likes

I received this card from Australia some time ago

This stamp was published in 1960 on the occasion of Elizabeth’s trip to Iran. She was in Iran for three days and visited Isfahan and Shiraz in addition to the capital.

15 Likes

I love this one, it has her profile on the upper corners.

3 Likes

I sent this postcard not too long ago. I like it, as it is playful. :smiley:

24 Likes

Royal Mail have a gallery “A life in stamps” on their homepage.

7 Likes

I made these today

30 Likes