Show us your handmade postcards and Mail Art

Nice @sallymo
It makes me want to try it. I did not do zentangle for some time now. I even taught it to my pupils 2 years ago. They liked it.

2 Likes

Do it! The beauty of zentangle is that there’s no right or wrong :blush:

3 Likes

Hi everyone. I’m new to this forum but these are some of the postcards I’ve sent recently

145 Likes

Your cards are incredible!

1 Like

these are fantastic!!

1 Like

Your cards are amazing! :smiley: Did you cut up old dictionaries for these? And the music sheet, did you cut it from a songbook or print it off the internet?

I’m just curious how you go about gathering all the materials for your collages… I’m amazed with what you guys come up with!

5 Likes

This topic is definitely a huge inspiration! I love seeing all of your postal-sized works of art! :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Thanks! I have a bunch of old dictionary “parts” and someone also gave me an entire set of Encyclopedias from the 50’s (they had been in a damp basement so they are a little worse for wear but airing out individual pages makes them usable.)

The town I live in also has this great resource called The Idea Store.
It’s a crafter’s delight- they sell packages of ephemera including dictionary pages, old magazines, sheet music and anything you can think of.

4 Likes

I put mine in clear plastic slips (envelopes) with full postage in the U.S. and in a regular envelop when mailed internationally.

1 Like

What I did with some colored ink pen and stencils. Not bad for a first try - I like to keep it simple.

21 Likes

I love decorating postcards, I usually do the back, but a while ago I bought some blank postcards which I’m planning to use to create a few of my own postcards for future use. Anyways, here is the back of a postcard I recently sent out:

64 Likes

My skills as a semi-professional illustrator at work - drawn in pen and markers, this is going out in the mail later.

47 Likes

One more cross-stitch card:

Unlike others, this one was cross-stitched by my mother, I did only the back-stitch.
14 Likes

I finally made a postcard with those blank postcards I bought, for a postcrosser who states she loves self made cards. Hope she likes this one too:

36 Likes

people often leave their shopping lists behind when they are done with grocery shopping and you can find them in a shopping basket or a trolley.
so here are my one and only attempts of handmade postcards ever :smiley:
i took the shopping lists i found and combined each with a label from one item on that list.

31 Likes

These are so great @jhbr! Little found art pieces.
I especially love this list item form the first card:

“Vanlig” olivenolje (altså ikke nødvedigvis jomfru)
[“Normal” olive oil (meaning not necessarily virgin)]

People often want cards that are specific to the country of origin, and these are both specific, yet broadly relatable.
Also, do you know this site?
https://foundmagazine.com/
You might really like it.

2 Likes

Most recent creation. Had some leftover scrapbook paper and went to town.

29 Likes

Edit: My plan for a January 2021 Kickstarter campaign didn’t happen. However, I’m almost ready and will launch Dream Finder Postcards on World Postcard Day.

The link to the preview still works and I’d love feedback. The video is atrocious and all of the postcards aren’t up yet, though.
29Aug2022

+++++++++++++++

I have just started making my own cards. I’m happy to have found a place to share them.

In January I am going to have a Kickstarter for publishing them. I’d sure appreciate if you would look at my campaign’s preview page and tell me how I can make it more appealing. Dream Finder Postcards

20 Likes

Each one of them is a mini work of art! Thanks for all the inspiration amazing people!
I have a couple shy attemps and some (hated-by-everyone) “color in” cards, just with a glossy/glittery touch! * sorry *

56 Likes

A few other collage postcards I’ve made lately.

180 Likes