Show us your handmade postcards and Mail Art

These are super nice! :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Thanks! I had a lot of fun with vintage magazines making these.

2 Likes

I made these postcards:

78 Likes

The detail on the flowers is so nice!!

1 Like

Thank you very much! :tipping_hand_woman:

Hallo :raising_hand_woman:

I only started to make my own cards, love this thread for getting inspiration!

Here are my first attempts:

66 Likes

I love the crochet girl Radieschen, it’s so cute.

I love to draw cards, whenever I have time. Here are some of the cards I’ve drawn

DE-6752653

DE-9686660

DE-9796409

DE-9733984

90 Likes

You have great talent! :smiley: I love the Wolpertinger! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

:wink: fresh work…

… I’m getting ready for Christmas :evergreen_tree:

60 Likes

These are fabulous! Lucky recipients.

1 Like

Absolutely. Lucky recipients!

1 Like

Fabulousness!

@metlodyt kindly suggested I post my handmade cards here! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: First, here are a bunch of ridiculous collages that I’ve made from old magazines. I scanned them and used some of the images to make sturdier prints that are less likely to jam a mail processing machine than the originals. :sweat_smile:

I have also made some cards with pen, colored pencil, and very “toothy” cardstock:

US-7018833

US-7046033

And just today, I received a very sweet Hurray! message from the recipient of US-7135541, who collects US landmarks, and her son, who collects guinea pigs. I had a lot of fun drawing the Statue of Pigerty:

179 Likes

Great cards, but the last one is truly genius!

2 Likes

I’m always happy when I can combine interests! :smile:

hurray! you are very good at drawing (they are way better than anything i could ever do!), but your true talent are those collages! They are my new favorite thing! ghost lasagna!? YES!

4 Likes

All of the pharmaceutical ads in US magazines (I’m not sure if they’re common elsewhere) make for excellent collages; I guess I find them inherently hilarious…? :sweat_smile: The models are always unnervingly happy.

I want to know where everyone gets their collage supplies! I know there are “scrap packs” and “junk journal” kits you can buy. I was just lucky to have a bunch of old magazines and a pair of scissors.

1 Like

Those ads (and commercials) really surprised me when I was in the US. they’re illegal here. Which I thought was a good thing until you showed me that they are a comedic goldmine :laughing:
The unnervingly happy people remind me of this video [WARNING! it is a very uncomfortable watch! (but also pretty great, and completely fictional)]

I buy second hand books and cut them to pieces :open_mouth::shushing_face:
I used to feel a bit bad about it. Seemed almost like sacrilege to cut a book. But now I figure I’m just sharing the illustrations with more people, freeing them from the confines of the books.

9 Likes

[frantically swallows a handful of Claridryl] :joy:

2 Likes

I’m lucky enough to have this place in town:

https://www.the-idea-store.org/

It’s kind of like a cross between a craft hoarders basement and the best of a garage sale. Need 58 corks, a pound of fabric scraps, some old 35 mm slides and old art books? No problem!!:grinning:

5 Likes