Show us your handmade postcards and Mail Art

Thanks for the feedback! :smiley:

Nice cards

I must confess I’m not much of an artist but I love doing handicrafts. So I thought about a way to please people with something fun and which fits into my limited artistic abilities. :wink:

Now I made postcards with good wishes. Some “serious” good wishes like health, luck, sunshine, happiness, love etc. and also some “funny” like princes on a pea, plant power, messages in fortune cookies, etc.

The good wishes I cut out from magazines and while searching for nice and funny words I always had good friends in mind and the phrase: “I wish you…”. After this search I’m always in a really good mood because I concentrated on positive things the whole time.

Here are some examples I have sent already to people who have German as a language in their profile. What do you think about this idea?

14 Likes

LOVE the Alpaka! My fav. country is Peru and I was so happy to take my mum there. Soon after she got lunge embolia and lung cancer so this might have been the last overseas flight. Would you trade the card for one or more self-made cards from me? Kind regards from Austria, Claudia

Today I experimented with what is apparently called “curve stitching”. I used to doodle these on my math homework and I was inspired when I saw other people here making cards with embroidery! I will probably put “happy postcrossing” in big letters in the middle of the rectangular ones.

40 Likes

This card was mailed to a forum member which they’ve now received. Just another painting on cardboard…

33 Likes

Your drawing is so cute! Would love some animals drawn by you too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

this is absolutely beautiful. I love it.

I love this. would you ever want to exchange cards??

Beautiful! I love birds, too. You’re so talented - I like all of them!

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words. Birds are my favourites too and I started drawing and painting them about 3 years back. My inspiration was John https://johnmuirlaws.com/ he makes it easy to get started…

5 Likes

This one is going out to a friend.

44 Likes

Thank you for the link! I’ve been searching for something like this for a long time :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am sure you will enjoy his tutorials and videos. Best of all John makes it accessible to all!

1 Like

Today I made a little mermaid (stamp, water colour, collage elements). I love fairy tales and want to work more on that topic.

43 Likes

Your coloring is really nice! Kudos!

1 Like

More paper-weaving :slightly_smiling_face:

37 Likes

shame on me… with the habitude to write german…
SORRY< SORRY< SORRY>>>>>>>>>>>><>><
dear wurzelsofie, must give you my best compliments
for this extremly beautiful card with a great harmony in
by the matching colours, the sujet and the old book page…

2 Likes

and here again, great stuff in paperwaving,
specially I like the face!!!
oh, I have to get training much more…
thx for sharing!!!

1 Like

I randomly selected a member from the homepage. His profile said that he likes handmade postcards. I’m not sure if she would like to send this postcard to him?

9 Likes