Show us your handmade postcards and Mail Art

Several years ago, I made this for a friend. The inspiration was from an old card showing two kids in pineapple field in Hawaii. I love this adorable card very much ! In this way, I cut an cardboard and covered it with two different pictures on both sides. One of them shows U.S. postbox from 1960s when the postcard was printed, and the other shows a mailbox in Japan, the destination of the handmade card.

Since I was quite into Parasyte, a Japanese anime, on that time, I decided to add a mouth with tongue sticking a stamp so that the pineapple in hand could be mailed, ( It’s a pity that I could only get Taiwanese stamp and postmark on that time. ) and turns out a pineapple theme postcard in someone else’s mailbox . : - )

To protect some weak parts of the card, I actually went to the post office counter asking them to cancel the stamps for me in advance, so that I can put a plastic bag on. : - P It’s really fun to make part of the fantasy in head into reality by making this.

And what a fantasic thread ! ! ! It’s just wonderful to go through everyone’s beautiful arts one by one. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

56 Likes

I wanted to share some cards the moment I made them (sometimes you get probably more excited about making than even the receiver will xD), and now they finally arrived!
The ones for Gagarin’s flight anniversary:

And some Star Wars characters:

34 Likes

My last food package card :heart: smurfs

14 Likes

Just had some fun with arylic Paint :slight_smile: Just found that thread :slight_smile: Very cool :slight_smile:

The first two are showing buttons I had when I was a teenager, at least I tried to remember.
The third one are showing some poppy flowers :wink:

11 Likes

I LOVE PIGS :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::pig_nose::pig_nose::pig_nose::pig_nose::pig_nose::pig_nose::pig:
Very cute painting.

Thank you :blush:

After the Easter chocolate have been eaten I sent them as Food package card :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Just a little experiment with watercolour pens, colored pencils, stickers and washi tape.

14 Likes

A while ago I went here in forums about being insecure on sending handmade because I was afraid people wouldn’t like.
This is my first handmade card sent, a drawing. The person collects rat themed things, it was fun doing it! I hope to do it more often.

29 Likes

This is so lovely! I can’t imagine anyone not being thrilled to receive such art.

Also, I’m always impressed when someone can make a rat look cute. :smiley:

1 Like

I love birds - hence paint with watercolor them on 6x4 sized postcards.

:smiley:

91 Likes

Some of my weekend results :grinning:

41 Likes

For the moment, my favourite technique is a mix of collage, rubber stamps and watercolour. But all the great works here have given me some different ideas… can’t wait for the weekend!

55 Likes

:cherry_blossom: :blossom: :hibiscus: :herb: :shamrock:I love spring and I’ve been really looking forward to it.
I wish everyone good health and create in your free time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:relaxed:

30 Likes

:thinking: I THINK HUNGARIAN POST STAMPS ARE BEAUTIFUL :green_heart:

20 Likes

I live in Seattle and am considering getting custom postcards printed, because none of the cards I can find for my city show the local landmarks I like best. What do you all think of this design? I was going for simple with a little cheesy/retro

26 Likes

I like it! :slight_smile: I did something similar for my town, too, for the same reason.
However, I would make some single-view cards too, because there are many postcrossers who prefer those to multi-view cards, and also some cards with the “Greetings from Seattle” on the back instead of the front for those purists who like view cards with no writing on best. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think they are great! My only recommendation would be to label the pictures either on the front (preferably) or on the back. “???, Mt. Rainier, ???, Space Needle…” on the front, or on the back something like “Seattle, WA:…” and then the list.

Yeah! I figured I would do that on the back because it would be a lot of text to put on the front. It would be:

river otters at the Seattle Aquarium, Mount Rainier, the International Fountain, the Space Needle and the Museum of Pop Culture, octopus at the Seattle Aquarium, the Fremont Troll, islands in the Puget Sound, orca whales in the Puget Sound

1 Like

Yes, I think on the back would be good. I think you can shorten the text to things like “Clockwise from left: River Otters, Seattle Aquarium; Mount Rainier; International Fountain; Space Needle; Freemont Troll; Puget Sound Islands; Orca Whales, Puget Sound…” Leaving out the things like “…in the…” makes it shorter and also makes it, I think, look more like the cards you would buy in a tourist store.

I hope you will draw my address someday and send me one of these cards!

2 Likes