Show us your handmade postcards and Mail Art

I am teaching myself to watercolor this summer. Postcards are a great way to practice and try out new things with the added bonus that I don’t have 30 paintings laying about my house.

66 Likes

It looks amazing.

Very beautiful

A cupcake drawing. :slight_smile:

23 Likes

I love your cards. I would like to try creating some. I wonder what type of paper is best ? Bristol ? Watercolor paper ? I would like to know what is best so it wont weight too much and wont cost more than the usual postcard fees to send. Is there an easy tutoriel on Youtube ? I haven’t seen an interesting one yet. Yours are very nice.

I would like to invite you to have a look at the Mailart Directory - there you will find lots of topics about how to make handmade postcards, and tipps and tricks on techniques and materials!
Regarding your question about YT tutorials I would say it depends on what kind of technique you are looking for. There are certainly quite a few on mixed media and collage art, but I’m sure you’ll find some on watercolors , too.

:green_heart: :fox_face:

6 Likes

Pink robin on a card protector based on photo reference here.

56 Likes

It’s really beautiful

1 Like

Thank you! :pray:

34 Likes

Very :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: cute

:joy: fun

Thank you!!! Pleasure to draw such adorable creatures.

1 Like

How fortunate your recipients are, @artdavinci! Every card you post here is a joyful personal piece of happy mail.

2 Likes

Thank you, I only send handmade to people who are open to it or seem open to it. :hugs:

2 Likes

I made this Postcrossing stamp card today.

30 Likes

taken a long time to get it all together

33 Likes

Nice really talented

I made this for someone who says they like GREEN and cats.

I made this metallic one (hard to photograph!) for someone who said they liked kitsch, handmade, art and motorcycles.

I hope they like them.

29 Likes

First time tried to draw a horse on a card.

3723_card

14 Likes