Show us your handmade postcards and Mail Art

I think your cards are great! I would love to receive one like this even though I’m not a Harry Potter enthusiast (but my youngest daughter is…) I would probably send them in an envelope, just to be on the safe side, but I guess it depends of the regulations of your postal service if these cards are considered postcards or not. In Germany it would probably depend on the size and the weight.

2 Likes

You could always secure loose parts with good washi tape (that can be easily removed by the recipient)

2 Likes

Martina, maybe you could consider writing about how you made these postcards (or share some links with the process) somewhere on the forum, as a “workshop” of sorts? I think they’re stunning and really inspiring! :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

I’ve made some cards with collages, some postcards I have sewn on and some I painted with acrylic paint and watercolor. Making cards myself is fun and it makes me so happy when people enjoy them :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Of course, these are postcards.
The ideas and craftsmanship really, really good. Small works of art are that.
And send such cards only to someone who really appreciates and loves this.

3 Likes

Today I continued experimenting with my new plotter and made this card:

I enjoy the outcome, but it’s not easy to glue :sweat_smile:

31 Likes

Hi Ana, thank you! Do you know where would be a good place on the forum to put something like that? I’m fairly new to the forum.
I usually look up tutorials for the mechanism of the card on youtube, then adjust measurements of it to work within the standard postcard size and put the image design together in photoshop. I could pull up the youtube links and add my measurents if it helps somebody…

2 Likes

I received a great tiger card from @smgiovannetti! Thank you very much!

58 Likes

Even just links to Youtube or some tips would be helpful and encouraging, I think! Perhaps the best place to put it would be on the #postcard-mail:mailart-handmade-stationery category. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is one of my recent favorites.

21 Likes

This is fabulous!

Inspiring by you all, I made my first handmade postcard :laughing: Waiting to swap with someone interested in it!

28 Likes

This is great - very creative! :green_heart: :smiley:

Hello,…you inspired me and today was a very der and dark day…so I experimented a little…well

Covid19

Mon Dieu, I have an appetite for fish😂

Music was my first Love

My Treasure

These are first attempts…

31 Likes

Thanks to everyone who keeps the topic going! Such a pleasure.

I made a card with fineliners and drawing ink. Didn’t have a courage to send it on it’s own, without an envelope:

19 Likes

29 Likes

@Pxn Amazing !!! YOu’re an artist

1 Like

Envelopes My last one

72 Likes

You too. I think you are better than me. I have a lot to learn from you. Your homemade Postcard really surprised me!:+1::+1:

1 Like

I don´t even try to make “beautiful” envelopes. I´m just not really good at handicraft. However I love everything I saw here!

I do envelopes art, too. I´m more going with the weird theme.

This one I made from the front cover of a “woman” magazine. Believe me, you don´t want to translate it in English. I really don´t know who I can send it to.

The next ones are quotes from songs:

The last one is a Franz Kafka text. One who got me nightmares. (Thats the reason I wrote “Paral” on the envelope and jused a butterfly in the end-> happy end). :innocent:

17 Likes