Show Us Your ATC (Artist Trading Cards)

Some finished and WIPs \o/

15 Likes

This is great!
Annadora

I love this!
Annadora

Thank you :blush:

I made some new ATCs for no other reason that I enjoy the process.
And yes, this first set was supposed to be Halloween themed, but I didn’t get to finish them in October, so here I am now. I love the theme though, so it’s not a huge issue anyway :grin:

26 Likes

Great!
As always, I‘d like to swap :star_struck:

1 Like

Thanks so much! And of course, just let me know which one(s) you’d like :grin:

1 Like

They are absolutely amazing! :heart_eyes: Where did you find all those pictures you used?

:green_heart: :fox_face:

1 Like

Thank you! :blush: I mostly get them either from some older books/magazines or just print things out. It’s basically a hodgepodge of various papers

Edited to say that there’s also some stamped images and stickers there. So anything that I feel like fits the theme

1 Like

I am very interested! I would love to participate.

So I have been into ATCs for just a few years, as another side-quest discovered through postcrossing. Although I have done most trades on other sites. I had almost given up making them last year when the amazing @william_tsypin sent me one of his as a surprise. It had been several months since I had made any, when I got another complete surprise in my mailbox from William again! So was motivated to make more!

Blackout poetry has become my favorite. In simplest form, it is creating short sentences by only keeping select words from a page of text, blacking out everything else. The fun part for me has been covering the other text on a page with art instead of just thick black lines. There is something about this that pushes my creativity in a whole new direction. Maybe engages the subconscious mind, or different parts of the brain while scanning the page for words to fit together. A completely different and backwards process than how I would typically make a drawing/painting, the the end result is kind of a surprise that unfolds as it is created.

I think the smaller format of an ATC is perfect for this for some reason! Although I have considered getting some postcard prints made of them. I don’t know, maybe one day.

Here are latest I made, thanks again @william_tsypin! Some will be traveling to you via new methods soon:

Here are a few past ones I’ve done:

And a few behind the scenes of how the text is found and cut out of an old book, sacrificed in the name of art!

48 Likes

Wow @bendoodle, these are absolutely amazing! :star_struck: Makes me wish I could draw again…

:green_heart::fox_face:

1 Like

So inspiring works here! Thank you all for sharing! :heart:

Years and years ago i used to make ATC cards too. There was this website where you could exchange atc cards. The sister website was for illustrators and you needed to apply there. I was there too. Sadly can’t remember the name of the sites anymore. Still have those ATC cards i swapped there :heart_eyes:

Edit: ah,it was atcs for all website!

I think I need to try ATC again :heart: feeling inspired

One of the ATC cards i made for the ‘white mask’ group swap’ (or something) From 2011.

11 Likes

I always wanted to get into ATC but I’m finding them harder to find. I did find some watercolor postcard blanks and have been sending those. I just started with Postcrossing this month and its just been great to take the time and practice my drawing.

totoro

29 Likes

Hello @AlohiMelody thanks for sharing your art with us and welcome to the forum!

Wonderful cards :star_struck:

I‘d love to swap if you‘re interested…

My second try to make atc’s. Not sure yet…

22 Likes

What do you mean with not sure yet?

Don’t know if I like them. The ship is too big, for example. But I am trying and willing to learn. I like the one with the Typewriter and with the suitcase, though…:woman_shrugging::grin::sunglasses:

1 Like

I love them. Very pretty and creative

1 Like