Show Us Your ATC (Artist Trading Cards)

A little secret:
When I´m feeling a little bit blue, I always look through this and the “Handmade and Mail Art” thread.
I added ATCs on my official “wishlist”. :slight_smile:

It really does help to see these amazing cards. Every artist participating in these threads: Thank you! :smiley:

7 Likes

I can exchange if you would like, pm your address and is that your pup on the avatar? I know it isn’t a flying penguin :joy:

2 Likes

Oh wow thank you for the link!! :wink:

1 Like

Some ATCs I finished over the weekend.

21 Likes

Last night, I hand-carved eraser stamp of a woman for the first time and made an ATC with its print (hand-print with an ink pad)

Swap requests welcome ! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I appreciate the tree one. It appears a little abstract to me. It’s cool!

2 Likes

Winter ATC for a swap (rubber stamped image) :snowflake: (the postcard is only because it went with the swap, it’s not by me)

12 Likes

Today I made these ATCs with my hand-carved eraser stamps :dove: :black_cat: :owl: :hedgehog:

By the way, there is a thread in Tag section on the forum called Vote on New Tags. I have just started a poll there for my new tag idea :

Show the ATCs You Offer Tag

If any of you are interested, please come and vote for the new tag idea. Thank you a lot in advance! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

We had an adventcalendar ATC exchange in the German forum and I got so beautiful cards… :heart_eyes:
And here are some of my ATCs I made

13 Likes

I participated in the same ATC- Adventkalender that @einfachich organized (Thanks again for this!).
These are the cards I made for the calendar:

8 Likes

Please arrange your pictures in a galery if you show several ones, thanks!

3 Likes

I made a new series. I used old receipts and some other old paper as base and drew the women on top. Then I hand stitched around the card.

I wonder: did you ever trade cards ‘in real life’? I would love the trade cards physically, but have never encountered an event/person to trade with unfortunately.

7 Likes

Your ATCs are wonderful!

I did on an event where people met for rubber stamping/ crafting for a weekend. There was a special rubber stamp designed for the participants of that meetup. Many participants made ATCs with these stamp and then traded them. It was fun, and I also traded some ATCs with different designs. That happened a few years ago, though and I never traded ATCs in real life since. (But do lots of exchanges via mail.)

There are real life ATC trading sessions in Zurich every now and then. The inventor of the ATCs, Vänci Stirnemann sets up these events on Facebook: ATC - Artist Trading Cards Öffentliche Gruppe | Facebook.

An there should be other trading sessions, too, elswhere in the world.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your experiences! That sounds like a fun event! I’m going to ask the art centre of my uni if they can set up an ACT making&trading workshop :smiling_face:
I know some Facebook groups that swap through mail. The only thing that holds me back is the postage: I can’t decide whether to spend my money on postcrossing or ATCs :upside_down_face:

1 Like

It’s possible to combine both: I exchange ATCs via the Postcrossing forum :slight_smile:

Else it’s phases where either the one or the other are in the centre of focus.

3 Likes

Spent this weekend creating a couple of new sets, I really enjoyed making the Asylum ones, let me know what you guys think

@william_tsypin, I created these after our recent conversation, The Asylum ones I created with you in mind regarding our planned swap coming up, let me know if you like them, maybe they’re a little too creepy for your collection :confused:

17 Likes

Wow, first of all, it’s such a great idea to have all the ATCs in a set forming a bigger image - I might have to try making something like that as well! And those asylum cards are incredible, I don’t think there’s such thing as “too creepy for my collection” :grin:
I’d be happy to get one of these!

1 Like

Yeay! I’m glad you like them, and I’m glad the Asylum ones will fit your collection, I kinda fell in love with them myself and couldn’t face letting them go so I had to make a second set just for you haha, I shall send you all 6 of the Asylum ones :slight_smile: but I’ll hang onto them for a while see if I create anything else before I post them out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great cards, especially the Asylum!

1 Like

Thank you so much :slight_smile: