🗺️ Show us postcards from REMOTE places! 🗺️

I was very lucky. A German Postcrosser went there for holidays few years ago and hosted a lottery and I was a lucky winner :wink:

10 Likes

Imagine spend your holidays at North Korea! :open_mouth: Thank you for sharing!

5 Likes

I’m more impressed about Antarctica! :heart_eyes::star_struck: (And what an awesome view! :blush:)

My rarest officials till now are Luxembourg and Kazakhstan, I guess. :thinking:

Per direct swap I got a card from Haiti and United Arab Emirates. :relaxed:

And there are 2 officials and one direct swap on their way to Brunei and one to me from there.
And I’m curious if direct swap with one from Mongolia will work…

3 Likes

I have to admit; I had the same reaction.

That’s awesome!

1 Like

From Republic of Mali.

8 Likes

These are my postcards from rarest places, I guess. Love them all so much and I was so proud to receive them! Most of them were direct swaps.

Algeria :hugs:

Botswana :heart_eyes:

Curaçao :yum:

Ethiopia :relieved:

Ghana :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Guatemala :sunglasses:

Namibia :partying_face:

Peru :star_struck:

Tanzania :face_holding_back_tears:

Tunisia :nerd_face:

12 Likes

Ohh Curaçao is such a beautiful place! :sparkles:

1 Like

That’s super interesting! I’ve always loved Greenland for some reason: I remember how, many years ago, I’d keep watching videos of Nuuk and other places. And then I started reading about it – how the moving ice sheets produce a very otherworldly sound, or how life actually is outside of Nuuk. I still remember the names of many of the settlements: Ittoqqortoormiit is the most memorable one ꓷ:

Can I see a picture of the postmarked stamp from Greenland as well? No worries if you can’t – I’m just too curious!

I was in North Korea back in 2017 as well! I travelled with my Chinese passport – many Chinese people visit North Korea, especially if you compare the number to that of Western tourists. There were only 5,000 non-Chinese tourists in 2019, as opposed to the 120,000 Chinese ones… That’s why North Korea is seen as secretive or downright inaccessible here. But, if you’re not from the USA, it shouldn’t be too difficult to access the country. Maybe not now, as the borders are still closed because of covid.

Will scan some of my North Korean mail once I’m back home in Italy!

My goodness! The first card from Curaçao is so beautiful. I would soooo want to be there right now :face_holding_back_tears:

5 Likes

This is the stamp from Greenland :greenland:

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: What postcards have you sent or received today?

Miguel, sorry for the super late reply! I went into full “exam term”-mode and decided to log back onto the forum today! :grimacing:
Thank you for sharing the stamp from Greenland. I didn’t know it was this green! But then, I’ve seen plenty of patches of grass while researching about Nuuk. Keep collecting!

1 Like

I was so excited to get this one from the Åland Islands, I had never heard of them but now after getting the card and doing some reading online, I would love to visit someday!

4 Likes

My Collection-

1 Like

Maybe isn’t that remote but i got this amazing card from Bermuda, thank you so much @purplepassion :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

From Azores, only 14 days. I’m sure it goes back to Portugal then to USA and then to PR, it’s impressive how fast it arrived.

This one from Tuvalu

This one from Iceland didn’t com from Reykjavik. It was from a place northeast of the island.

4 Likes

I got this postcard from Cameroon:

And this one from the French Polynesia:

3 Likes

Don’t know if this is the right topic for this, but wandering through my (very) old postcards, I found this gem from 2006 sent by @Bhichhyan in Nepal. I’m so happy I kept every single card since 2006! I was only 7.
Sadly this was for another, now gone account, so I can’t upload it anywhere else than here :

4 Likes

I have truly enjoyed reading this thread :slight_smile: So so interesting! I don’t really have any postcards from remote places, probably Svalbard is the most remote one (I received a postcard last week, and it was from the PC meeting :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)

2 Likes

I, too, received one of those! :+1: