Send second card?

True.

With expired I meant what is shown expired in travelling, so 60+ days. So nothing happens when it gets expired, only you get a free slot. (After a year these disappear from the list.)

The card can be officially registered for a year from address drawing date.
Even after the year, if the member still is here, you get their user name (when trying to register) and can send a thank you message.

1 Like

I have already sent 3 new cards that did not arrive last time. one of them has arrived in the meantime.
I havenā€™t heard anything from the other two either. then I think it is necessary to send new ones.

Hi, I have a special card which I send to addresses that appear as ā€˜expiredā€™. Most of the time, these cards do arrive, and sometimes both cards arrive at the same time!

I have stopped sending messages and ask if the postcard has arrived, as I do not get a reply. I might send a second card if the receiver is active (logged on the past couple of days) and do register cards. I do not send the same postcard again, as I usually do not have any left.

1 Like

No, I would not send a second card before it expires. Cards I send to Germany take approx. 2-4 weeks to be registered, there are always a few that take 6-8 weeks instead.

Hereā€™s what I do if a card seems to be delayed. I check their account, and see if they are active and/or registering received cards. Then I wait until the card expires at 61 days. If itā€™s Germany, as you mention, I will message the member to see if they are on holiday, traveling, or something is happening preventing their mail. Btw, some members donā€™t respond to this, and some do respond. If the member hasnā€™t logged on in a month or more, and/or has not registered any cards in the past 60 days, I do not send a second card (especially if they didnā€™t respond to my message).
Iā€™ll send a second card to active German members after 60-80 days, because the mail to there is normally quick 2-6 weeks. I send a lot of cards to Germany because I have selected the option to send multiple cards to the same country, so Iā€™ve had a lot of opportunities to develop a system that works for me. Plus since I moved to this city last year, this is one of my main hobbies now, so Iā€™m more willing to send second cards in these situations. Doesnā€™t happen very much though.
Good luck! It feels slow starting out. Have patience if possible.

3 Likes

I emailed someone today because my card wasnā€™t registered; if she didnā€™t receive it, would it be okay to send another one to her and use the same number on the card? Sometimes things so get lostā€¦ Thanks

2 Likes

if you want to send a second card you should write the same id on yes

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Expired Postcards