Send second card?

Thank you. That sounds reasonable, thank you for your input.

Thank you, that’s very considerable! :blush:

1 Like

Thank you for your warm message :blush:

What triggered me was the fact that one of the recipients story in the bio affected me deeply. I spent some time finding an appropriate card and words, and I would feel really sorry if that was in vain :disappointed:
But I guess these are the ups and downs of postcrossing :blush:

4 Likes

That’s a good heuristic, thanks for sharing it with me!

Sent a second postcard to a Postcrosser in Indonesia, a neighbouring country. Both in envelopes. Neither registered. First card now travelling 236 days, second card travelling 43 days. Postcrosser is reasonably active on their profile. Based on this experience, I won’t be sending a second card again.

1 Like

So I’m worried one of my postcards might be lost in the mail. It’s been 45 days since I sent a postcard to a postcrosser in Germany. Typically the travel time to Germany has been 8 to 13 days, and I’m considering sending another card now with the same ID before it expires, has anyone ever done that?

Maybe you’ll find some answers above.

I don’t resend officials. Our obligation is to send 1 postcard, that’s it. If our postcard expired, their address goes back into the pool (if they’re still active) and someone else sends them a postcard.
And sometimes the mail travels really slow. So I don’t see the point of resending before 100-150 days have passed (depending on the country), if one really wants to resend.

Although your postcard hasn’t expired yet, you might find this thread worth checkin out.

1 Like

Same here .
The mailing cost got higher again and I missed the day when exactly it became higher so most likely my cards just didn’t go further than the mail post sorting center .
Why I think that’s the case- I sent 3 cards of the same size , and on 1 of them I put my address , “ just in case” . That card was mailed back to me with the sticker saying the value is not enough. ( I always put a stamp of a bit higher value since they are the limited collection edition stamps . So 1 came back and 2 just lost since there was no back address. I guess that might be the case - if you sent multiple cards that day and neither has arrived safely .

1 Like

I always scan the front and back of each postcard before I mail it, and checked it and I do have the correct postage and the correct ID on the card… hopefully it will arrive soon.

You could also check if they have registered anything recently, maybe they are on holiday or something else.

But, I had a card within Europe, to active postcrosser, it took almost 100 days.
You can also message them and ask did they forgot to register it, or maybe the id was hidden by postmark etc. but I would maybe wait a little still.

Normally I don’t send a second card.

They can register it even when it’s expired, so you don’t need to worry about that.

1 Like

Just to be precise: cards which are received after 365 days cannot be registered anymore. I had made this experience twice…

True.

With expired I meant what is shown expired in travelling, so 60+ days. So nothing happens when it gets expired, only you get a free slot. (After a year these disappear from the list.)

The card can be officially registered for a year from address drawing date.
Even after the year, if the member still is here, you get their user name (when trying to register) and can send a thank you message.

1 Like

I have already sent 3 new cards that did not arrive last time. one of them has arrived in the meantime.
I haven’t heard anything from the other two either. then I think it is necessary to send new ones.

Hi, I have a special card which I send to addresses that appear as ‘expired’. Most of the time, these cards do arrive, and sometimes both cards arrive at the same time!

I have stopped sending messages and ask if the postcard has arrived, as I do not get a reply. I might send a second card if the receiver is active (logged on the past couple of days) and do register cards. I do not send the same postcard again, as I usually do not have any left.

1 Like

No, I would not send a second card before it expires. Cards I send to Germany take approx. 2-4 weeks to be registered, there are always a few that take 6-8 weeks instead.

Here’s what I do if a card seems to be delayed. I check their account, and see if they are active and/or registering received cards. Then I wait until the card expires at 61 days. If it’s Germany, as you mention, I will message the member to see if they are on holiday, traveling, or something is happening preventing their mail. Btw, some members don’t respond to this, and some do respond. If the member hasn’t logged on in a month or more, and/or has not registered any cards in the past 60 days, I do not send a second card (especially if they didn’t respond to my message).
I’ll send a second card to active German members after 60-80 days, because the mail to there is normally quick 2-6 weeks. I send a lot of cards to Germany because I have selected the option to send multiple cards to the same country, so I’ve had a lot of opportunities to develop a system that works for me. Plus since I moved to this city last year, this is one of my main hobbies now, so I’m more willing to send second cards in these situations. Doesn’t happen very much though.
Good luck! It feels slow starting out. Have patience if possible.

3 Likes

I emailed someone today because my card wasn’t registered; if she didn’t receive it, would it be okay to send another one to her and use the same number on the card? Sometimes things so get lost… Thanks

2 Likes

if you want to send a second card you should write the same id on yes

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Expired Postcards