Sat Nov 19th 2022 - Inland Empire Meetup! (Ontario, California)

Hi Johnson,
Thank you for the RSVP! I have you down for 10 cards :blush:

Full version for viewing pleasure :laughing: Thanks again Mike for putting the event together, looking forward to meeting everyone!

4 Likes

Michael: greetings, days just keep slipping away. I have not been able to get on line lately. I do want to say, I will be attending and would like to order and reserve 10 cards. Likely more when I am there. Looking forward to seeing our Southern California group. -Gmansocal

2 Likes

Nice day out to scope the venue! :sunny:

5 Likes

Hello,
Is it too late to order 20 cards? I hope my name is on the list. Iā€™ll be attending!
Thank you!
~Maria

2 Likes

Hi Maria, itā€™s not too late at all! I have you down for 20 cards :slight_smile: Iā€™ll pm you about payment arrangements. Thank you! :blush:

@ohhsayy Oce, you are truly THE man!! Thank you so much for sharing the final proof and for scoping out the venue :smiley: And please send our gratitude to your print-shop guy for his quick and awesome work on these cards!! They look great! :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi Mike,

Have not tuned in for some time ā€¦ Sorry!
Great to read about all the new developments. I will be indeed be passing through the area on the 19th, so am planning on attending. I would be interested in 10 cards.

ā€”Stephan

2 Likes

Hi Stephan, apologies for the late reply! Glad to hear that you will be joining us. And yes, we still have a couple cards left over ā€“ Happy to put you down for 10.
Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

Hello Ontario fam!

Weā€™re in the home stretch! I believe Oce ran off more than enough cards for everyone who requested them ā€“ however, just to make sure we didnā€™t miss anyone, please take a look at this list if you donā€™t mind :slight_smile:. If your name isnā€™t listed and you requested cards ā€“ or youā€™d like to change your quantity ā€“ please let me know asap via PM or forum post. Thanks!

@Vandelion - 10 cards
@Kristi-D - 10
@tianye4869 - 30
@sleepykitty - 10
@askask11 - 10
@gmansocal - 10
@kanosis - 20
@sand2sand - 10
@bluenote - 10
@llmike007 - 30

Thanks everyone!

P.S. As you probably noticed, Oce volunteered as tribute to go check out Rodeo X ahead of time :grin: He will be posting here soon more info regarding our exact meeting spot for Saturday. Thanks Oce!

P.P.S. I would like to recognize the wonderful @catandmouse for designing a sticker for our event. Ultimately, we decided for cost considerations not to run a sticker this time around; however, weā€™ll keep it in mind for future events. Thank you so much! Weā€™ll miss you on Saturday; hope you can join us the next time around! :hugs:

5 Likes

Thanksā€“looking forward to this. A smaller group will be a nice variation from Geetā€™s wonderful gathering!

3 Likes

Hi everyone! As @llmike007 mentioned, I dropped by to scope out the venue last weekend. Thereā€™s was plenty of seating available Saturday and parking was fairly easy. Itā€™s a small enough venue to where it should be easy to find each other - but I believe the proposal was to take the outdoor benched section just to the right side of the front entrance. (See pic)

If for any reason the weather isnā€™t playing nice, there is enough seating inside - we may just have to gather some tables. Iā€™ll try to be there before 11 AM to snag the long bench, but feel free to DM if you have any questions. Look forward to meeting everyone!

2 Likes

Thanks, Michael, for hosting todayā€“great job of organizing us! I enjoyed meeting a few more Postcrossers, although next time, Iā€™ll make it a point to get around to meet everyone!
Thanks, Oce for the beautiful cards! Iā€™m looking forward to sending these out!
And thanks to all who stamped my cards. Happy Thanksgiving, all! And, I wish you each a happy mailbox!

5 Likes

It was such a pleasure to meet you all!

Thank you, @llmike007 , for hosting, organizing, and making everyone feel so welcome!

Thank you, @ohhsayy , for the gorgeous postcards!

I loved talking with you all and look forward to another meetup in the IE sometime soon. This was a fantastic one!

4 Likes

It was an absolute pleasure meeting everyone yesterday! :pray:t5: Thank you @llmike007 for organizing the event and everyone for traveling to make it happen :raised_hands:t5: Looking forward to running into each other again at future Meetups! :sparkles:

4 Likes

Glad to read everyone had fun. Hopefully I can make it to the next one. Till then, Happy Postcrossing!

5 Likes

A million thanks to @llmike007 and @ohhsayy for making the day special. Nice meeting everyone!

5 Likes

Helloā€¦ again!
Wow ā€“ to say that this event exceeded my expectations is an understatement. Thank you to everyone who came out, from near and far and also braved those notoriously-strong Santa Ana winds! Iā€™m sorry a couple of you couldnā€™t make it and I hope weā€™ll see you at the next IE meetup (itā€™s not a matter of if but rather when) :wink:

Iā€™m sorry for my late response! Thank you so much for all the kind words here in the forum and the friendly conversation and camaraderie on Saturday. Here is our group picture (and if you look carefully, you can see the USPS truck made a cameo in the background): :truck:

A couple of thanks are in order:
@ohhsayy ā€“ This event would not have been even remotely as successful without your creative expertise and thorough research. I learned a couple of awesome things about Ontario in the process! The card was a huge hit!! Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to craft this amazing design and coordinate with your trusty print shop all the way in the OC! It was an absolute pleasure working with you. Hope we can partner on future meetups.
@Vandelion ā€“ Thank you for suggesting Rodeo X as our first ā€œpost-COVIDā€ IE meetup venue! It was pretty much perfect :smiley: Hope we can all get together ā€“ you, @Kristi-D, @ohhsayy, (and anyone else who wants to join us) to plan the next IE event!
@ Everyone who came out ā€“ So nice to see you again (for those who attended Geetā€™s Pasadena 10/1 event) and nice to meet those of you for whom this was your first meetup. I do not confess to be an expert when it comes to hosting meetups, but I hope you had a great time. I do hope our paths cross again soon. Although Postcrossing has afforded us some level of comfort and (welcome) distraction during the pandemic, there is something very special about seeing the people behind the profiles. :slight_smile:

Stay tuned for the next event, I guess? haha :sweat_smile: :palm_tree:

Take care, stay warm and I hope you have a wonderful holiday season with loved ones!!

Best,
Mike

P.S. Some of you inquired about where to buy those National Park postcardsā€¦ here is the Amazon link :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks for posting the group photos! Love them!

3 Likes