Sat Nov 19th 2022 - Inland Empire Meetup! (Ontario, California)

Hi Sofia!

Yes, please do join us! Geet’s was my first meetup too, as it was for many of us IE’rs.

I concur, Geet’s event was a blast.
Depending on how this one goes, we might just have to make this a recurring thing! :sweat_smile:

Thanks for reaching out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow I am so happy to know that I was able to revive the spirit of regular meetups in our area. Thank you @llmike007 for inviting me to your meetup :raised_hands: We do need more of these every now and then! I will certainly try my best to attend it if I am in town for sure. November to January I might have to travel out of country so cannot say yes in stone right now. I will keep you updated about it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes, more meetups in Southern California. It is very much appreciated. After waiting a long time and it’s nice to see peoples faces. I plan to attend. A shout out to Geetikasinha7 for the October 1st , world postcard meet up in Pasadena. I’m starting to get emails from people who received one of the cards and loved it. -gmansocal

4 Likes

@geetikasinha7 Thank you @gmansocal for the RSVP! And I wholeheartedly second your comment re: Geet’s meetup!

1 Like

Thank you Geet!! Yes, you certainly did :blush:

I totally understand! No worries at all if you can’t make it this time. I have a feeling we will have another meetup soon thereafter :grin:

We appreciate all your support!!

1 Like

Just FYI, I am chatting with someone about getting a custom card for our meetup. I can’t make too many promises just yet, but hopefully we will have a development to share within the next 1-2 weeks.
:wink:

1 Like

Hi IE’rs! I know it’s been a little quiet as of late, but I did want to share with you one exciting update – I can confirm that we WILL have a custom card for our meetup! Oce @ohhsayy is putting the final touches on the design. We should have something ready to show you by next week and once the design is set, we will chat logistics regarding card pre-orders.
I do apologize for the late reply to those of you who reached out to me individually – I will work on my turnaround! :wink:
Thank you!!
And happy Halloween weekend! :ghost:

3 Likes

Hi y’all!
It’s the moment we’ve all been waiting for… the debut of the Ontario meetup card! :blush:
I would like to give a major shout-out and my deepest gratitude to Oce @ohhsayy for the amazing work and time spent on this design! (And also for running point with the print shop!)
Admittedly, the concept you see here is still a “work in progress” but it is nearing completion. Oce is working on filling in the blank spaces with additional icons which represent Ontario’s rich heritage and culture. Have fun guessing which icons represent which landmarks :wink:

Given where we are at in the timeline, I think we are ready to take some orders for the meetup card. Here is some information and pointers that can help inform your purchasing decision:

1. The card will be 5x7 inches, and matte finish on the front and back.
  2. While it is not mandatory that you purchase meetup cards to participate in the meetup, please do let us know you are planning on coming (If you haven’t done so already), so that we have an accurate a headcount as possible.
  3. We are kindly requesting that each person who would like to purchase cards commit to a minimum of 10 cards, with an option to purchase additional cards in multiples of 10. This will help us meet our minimum quantity to print.
  • a. The cost for the cards is $6.50 per set of 10 cards.

• b. If you are planning on purchasing just 10 cards, pre-payment is not required. You can pay at the event via Venmo or cash (exact change is appreciated). All I need is a forum message stating that you will be purchasing 10 cards at the event.

• c. If you are planning on purchasing more than 10 cards, pre-payment is required. I will share my Venmo information in a subsequent forum post. Pre-payment by 11/7 is necessary to reserve your (>10 card) order.

• d. The deadline to purchase/ RSVP for cards is 11:59pm Monday 11/7. We will try to have a small amount of extra cards available to purchase after the deadline, however we cannot guarantee exact quantities.

• e. Surplus cards remaining on event day may be available for purchase at the event. Again, exact quantities are not guaranteed, so please RSVP for your cards as soon as possible.

1. In the spirit of meetups and to encourage attendance (yes, we know it’s the IE, everything’s kinda far away), we do not currently have plans to distribute Ontario meetup cards to those who don’t attend the meetup.
  2. Swaps - If you will not be attending our meetup but would like to swap one of your Postcrossing meetup cards for one of ours, I will have a limited number of signed cards available for swap. Please feel free to private-message me if you are interested.
  3. In anticipation of possible surge in attendance, at this time we will be limiting the number of cards that can be group-signed at the event to 10 per attendee.

I know that we are asking you to make your purchases fairly early in the month; however, Oce and I would like to give the print shop a little bit of a time buffer in case something unexpected arises. We will be happy to share with you the final design once it’s completed.

Thanks again for your patience, and thanks in advance for your purchases and RSVPs! As always, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions :slight_smile:

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Mike

1 Like

Here’s my Venmo handle/ QR code :smiling_face:
Thanks everyone!

Thanks mike and Oce.

I’ll take 10 cards and pay cash at the event. Is the meet up on the 19th or 20th? The card says Nov 20 (Sunday).

Thx

3 Likes

Great catch!! Thank you Van. We will go ahead and make the date correction before it goes to print.
Sorry about that!

2 Likes

Thanks so much, Mike and One! I’d like 10 and will also pay cash at the event.

I love the little icons!

Kristi

2 Likes

Hi Mike and Oce, I’m going to attend! I’ll catch the early train from LA in the morning. I’d like 30 cards. Thank you for organizing the event!

1 Like

Thank you Tian! Payment received :blush: thanks so much!

I forgot to say – Thanks for your RSVP! Got you down for 10 cards.

Thank you Kristi! Got you down for 10 cards. Yes, I agree - Oce really did a nice job on this one! :slight_smile:

I’d like 10 of these really cool custom cards, and I can pay cash when I see you at the event. :smiley: Getting excited to meet you all!

1 Like

Thank you CarrieJean! Got you down for 10 cards. Yes – the feeling is mutual!! :hugs:

1 Like

Hi there!
Thanks to everyone who confirmed attendance and ordered cards! Based on the quantity of cards already RSVP’d, we are going to order the print shop’s “Tier 2” quantity, which means that we should have plenty of cards available for those who want them. That said, emphasis is on the word “Should,” so please continue to RSVP for cards if you have not done so already. We will honor requests for as many cards as you want to order, until we hit our contingency quantity for day-of-event walk-ups.

We hope to debut the final design soon! Thanks Oce!

Happy Tuesday! And please stay safe and dry out there :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: :umbrella:

2 Likes

Hi,
I would be love to attend. Can I have 10 card please, thanks!
Best,
Johnson Gao

1 Like