Sat Nov 19th 2022 - Inland Empire Meetup! (Ontario, California)

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Ontario, California
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Rodeo X Public Market
:calendar: DATE: Saturday, November 19th
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11:00 AM
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

**PLEASE NOTE: The correct date/time is Saturday 11/19 at 11:00 AM. Iā€™ve tried several times to change the time, but for some reason the event calendar system isnā€™t letting me. If you show up at 10AM, youā€™ll just be early :smile:

Hi there!
I had the privilege of meeting many of you SoCal Postcrossers at Geetikaā€™s meetup in Pasadena on 10/1. I learned that some of you hail from the Inland Empire (as do I!), and I thought it would be great to host another meetup before the holidays. I am NOT a graphic designer (sadly), so I donā€™t have it in mind to create a specific card for our meetup ā€“ but if someone wants to take that up, please feel free! I think it would just be awesome to have another get-together and write/ exchange postcards before the hustle and bustle of the holidays befall us.

Someone mentioned Rodeo X Public Market as a potential location, and although Iā€™ve never been there, it looks promising! They open at 11:00, so we can plan to get there right at opening to ensure a prime seating location.

Meetup Date ā€“ I think Nov 19 or 20 is going to be our best bet, since Thanksgiving is the following weekend, and Veteranā€™s Day is the preceding weekend (some people may have travel plans). However, I am open to suggestions.

I think thatā€™s all I have for now. Please feel free to chime in! This will be the first meetup Iā€™ve ā€œhostedā€ so please feel free to throw out any suggestions.

Thanks!

2 Likes

@sleepykitty @Vandelion @geetikasinha7 @sand2sand @Kristi-D @wenchan91 Tagging you here :smiley: if thereā€™s anyone from the IE that I missed from Geetikaā€™s meetup, please feel free to tag them as well! Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi mike

Thanks for setting this up. I would love to attend. I also wouldnā€™t mind bringing my own postcards and having others sign or stamp.

Would love to actually get to talk to each of you more. I was so busy signing last time that I wasnā€™t able to socialize as much as I would have liked.

Hope to see you all soon!

3 Likes

Hi there!

Sounds a plan, unfortunately I wonā€™t be able to know if I am available that week before November (my working schedule will be released about a week or two earlier from the date). I am interested in the event tho! :slight_smile:

Best,
Wen

1 Like

@kanosis @SoullessFish

2 Likes

Yes, @Skittykitty
Might be interested!

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good weekend for me! :smiley:

3 Likes

Whoo-hoo! I actually have that weekend available!
I echo Vanā€™s commentā€“maybe we can go around the table and introduce ourselves. This will undoubtedly be a smaller group, so it wonā€™t take quite as long to mark the cards, so there could be more time to visit, maybe over lunch, or at least, coffee.
The Snail Mail Correspondence Society (monthly postcrossing meetups) used to meet in the Food Court at the Montclair Mall, which worked pretty wellā€“there were some very long tables. That group folded, due to the pandemic and it doesnā€™t seem that it will get back together. Rodeo X Public Market sounds great.
Thanks so much for pulling us together!

4 Likes

Hi Mike,

Saturday, November 19th at 11a might be good timing for me, as it looks like Iā€™ll be passing right through the area about then. Will know for sure in a bit.

Using &/or exchanging cards we already have is perfectly fine by me.

Believe Adlyn @ad7yn was in Riverside.

Stephan

3 Likes

Also, Guillermo @gmansocal in Norwalk and Linwe @catandmouse in Commerce would be Inland Empire adjacent.

1 Like

We love this idea! I think some more regular meetups in the IE would be so fun, and Ontario would be a great place to host.

That weekend we will be unable to attend since we have some family in town. But we would love to participate in future meetups!

Thanks for putting this together!

Bret & Jess

3 Likes

Stephan, thank you for including me! November and December are quite busy months for our family! But please keep me in mind for the next one!!

1 Like

Good morning, IE fam! Wow, yā€™all are fast! :smile:
You guys are awesome. Thank you!
Based on the responses, I say letā€™s keep the date/ time/ location as originally proposed. If I am in the Ontario area the next couple of weekends, Iā€™ll stop by Rodeo X and see if there is a particular seating area that we should shoot for.

@SoullessFish @ad7yn sorry you wonā€™t be able to join us next month! We will certainly let you know of future meetups.

Thanks everyone!

Mike

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan.

I hope the meet up is open to all postcrossers from near or far. That would be fun. Is there a limit and a cost for facilities?

2 Likes

Hi Maria,
Thanks for your message!

Yes, absolutely. We welcome all! I think you are still considered part of the IE, yes? :wink:
We did want to keep the meetup a little bit on the smaller side; that said, at this point, I donā€™t think we are going to establish a capacity limit, but we will see who else expresses interest in attending. If anything, we can sit at separate tables (although ideally Iā€™d love for us to have one long table if we can snag one).
There is no cost for use of facilities, however, definitely bring your appetite! Iā€™ve been told thereā€™s some good eats at Rodeo X.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Good Morning all,

That sounds fun.
As a suggestion, because I know people like receiving meetup cards, if there wonā€™t be an ā€œofficialā€ meetup card and people can just bring their own, maybe instead of a card, there can be an ā€œofficialā€ sticker made so people can ā€œbrandā€ the cards they are sending as being from the meetup?
So like a basic sticker that just says ā€œOntario Meetup. 11/19/22ā€ and the Postcrossing Logo? Easier to design than a postcard.
Funnily enough, for Geetikaā€™s meetup, I was attending CatCon that same day, and if I am able to attend this one in Ontario, I will also be attending another convention that weekend as well. Things tend to get busy at work during that time, so I am not sure Iā€™ll be able to attend, but it sounds fun.
Weā€™ll see. Do we have to RSVP?

Thanks for the invite.

3 Likes

Hi there! @catandmouse

Oh wow, that is very kind of you! I am definitely open to a sticker ā€“ I sense that many of us will want to exchange our own postcards! Thank you!! Can I help sponsor the cost of materials? :slight_smile:

As a matter of fact, someone PMā€™d me yesterday about designing a card for our meetup. I donā€™t suppose it would be an issue to have both a postcard and sticker for our event? :smiley:
Only if itā€™s not too much trouble for either of you!

Donā€™t you just love it when the stars align and you can do multiple events in one weekend? :wink:

At this pointā€¦ I think if you leave a message in this forum thread expressing interest in attending, I will treat that as an RSVP. If you (and our card artist) need a head-count for your materials, then we can discuss that. I think our event will still end up being small-ish, but who knows? Iā€™m just happy people want to drive out to the IE, haha.

Thank you!!

1 Like

I canā€™t say Iā€™ll do them, because I am not sure Iā€™ll be able to make it since itā€™s the start of the holiday season.
But,maybe I can make a design for the sticker and someone can be in charge of the printing?
Or if someone already volunteered to design the card, thatā€™s good too.

2 Likes

No worries! I might have a local printing shop that could assist, let me inquire.
Absolutely, a card would be great.
It is a little bit less time than weā€™d have liked for graphic design, but I think we can pull it off!

1 Like

Hi! Iā€™d love to attend! I just went to my first meetup (it was Geetā€™s) and it was so fun!

2 Likes