Rubber stamps

I designed some mail themes rubber stamps if anyone is interested :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Today, there was an event where paper-related items were gathered, and I bought a lot of small rubber stamps there.
Of course, you can get all the “cute” items such as postcards, Japanese paper tapes, and stickers!
I thought I could only buy it here, so I just bought too much. I have no regrets …

I love stationery in general, so I have a lot of rubber stamps, but these are the ones I use most often when doing postcrossing.

The rubber stamp in the middle is a series called “Stamp Dwarfs” and is designed for use in combination with stamps. Very interesting and favorite!

13 Likes

I got my new rubber stamps today and I had to try them right away :joy:

14 Likes

I caved recently and bought these beauties. Looking forward to using them!

8 Likes

This is my collection. The most used stamps would be the “Keep the Post Office Public”, the mail truck (“Thank You USPS”), and the California Bear. The big California one isn’t used much only because it’s large…maybe an envelope merits it’s use.

Funny enough, I rarely use the Postcard stamps. Same goes for the San Francisco ones (since I live in the other main city) and the cityscape.
To all you postcrossers out there: how would you feel if I - as a person living in Los Angeles - used the Golden Gate Bridge stamp on a postcard seeing that it’s located in San Francisco? Just curious to see your answers.

Where I got my stamps:
Yellow Owl Workshop - These are the majority of the stamps I have ; they were acquired at other retailers, but this is the mother store.
The Well Appointed Desk (Etsy)
Postcard Stamps - I can’t find exactly what I have because these were given to me as a gift, but I found the ‘cling’ versions of these same designs.

12 Likes

The smaller one is very eye-catching. I think you can represent all of Cali, and not limit yourself to the urban oasis in the south. I send out cards that represent my whole state, not just the small town I live in now (Washington state, though I lived in LA for 35 years!)

2 Likes

I’ve got mostly clear stamps, but of my few rubber stamps, these three are my favourites:

8 Likes

I think there’s no limit for stamps. It’s not from a different country. I would love to receive a card from L. A. with the stamp from the Golden gate Bridge

2 Likes

Wow, they’re really cool

Some stamps I currently have, a good chunk are from work, but even more are just these stamps I’ve had sitting around since the early to mid 90s growing up, as well as a box that was just a bunch of older ones I got off ebay…mostly the celestial and the landscape ones, I hope to get more in the future :>

11 Likes

Y’all have inspired me! I’m looking and wondering does anybody have any opinion/advice on handle vs no handle on the stamp? Which do you prefer?

They are tiny, but enormously cute !
I bought them earlier this week.

19 Likes

I got these only today and I am trying them out.

Can someone tell me what sort of ink I should use?

The results from the inkpad that came with the stamps are good. But, I tried pigment ink and the impressions were not so clear.

2 Likes

Every person probably has their favorite ink brands, but I like Versafine a lot. They make very detailed print, and once dry, the image is waterproof, so you can paint over it with watercolors. :slight_smile:

Enjoy your new rubberstamps!

5 Likes

I have some alphabet stamps, and I often colour them with a marker.
But also I have that Versafine, it’s really good, but very “wet” in the beginning, and only needs very light pressing.

1 Like

My favourite ink pad for everyday stamping is “StazOn”. Good prints, hardly any smearing and very affordable refill bottles which last a long time!

:green_heart: :fox_face:

3 Likes

I probably have too many stamps, but most of them are too big for postcards/small items. I also like carving my own. I have some small Happy Mail stamps I will photograph and upload later. They are very handy for postcards and envelopes - who doesn’t like happy mail lol

1 Like

Here’s a look at one of the backs of the cards I am sending to friends for World Postcard Day, there are seven stamps on there (probably too many lol). Blue airmail lines top and bottom, pink post office, green snail mail and happy mail, and meow to you, and black cat.

(Inks used, Stazon, Archival, Versafine Clair)

11 Likes

For some reason all of these ink brands are super costly in India :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:. Has anyone tried Distress Oxide brand ?

But, luckily ink pad from local shop is giving good clarity after some experimentation. I guess, I will control temptations to spend more on inks :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

9 Likes

@snailmailermk you mean the inks I mentioned in my post above? The reason I use them is because they are water resistant or waterproof. Distress Oxide stamps nicely but it is not water resistant so if it gets wet it will bleed.

1 Like