CITY/REGION: Pasadena, California
MEETUP PLACE: Arroyo Park (GAZEBO A), 614 Stoney Dr, South Pasadena, CA 91030
DATE: Oct 1, 2022 (WORLD POSTCARD DAY 2022)
TIME: 10 am - 2 pm (PDT)
MEETUP PLAN: Meet & Greet followed by writing postcards.
Hello Post crossers!
Hope you guys are doing all good. I think it’s about damn time that we hosted a meetup for the Southern California Region as well especially in and around Los Angeles! The venue has been decided and its my city of Roses : Pasadena! Due to space occupancy limit in our last decided meetup place, I have moved our meetup place from indoors to outdoors now. Since, Many of you seemed interested in sitting outside where we get lots of sunshine and stayed closer to nature <3 I have booked a fun gazebo picnic area (GAZEBO “A”) for all in South Pasadena! My dog Roxy who is also my ESA will be joining us too as our event mascot in case your stamps need a licking She is a cute well behaved 7 yr old Siberian Husky girl!
☆☆☆VENUE DETAILS ☆☆☆
• When you get to the park, look for a reserved PICNIC Area(Gazebo A) for our meetup. The booking cost for 4 hrs for our event is 134$ which has been paid in advance as per the city rule by me. It will be divided equally between all the attendees present at the venue. For the payment, you guys can pay me a week before the event using paypal/venmo for the cards you want to reserve plus the venue cost to save the hassle of carrying exact cash or change to the venue. Let me know if you guys have any other idea
There will be an official meetup postcard which will be designed by me keeping in mind the Post Crossing logo guidelines. The card is a beautiful 5"x7" (a size bigger than our traditional postcard!) card with glossy finish on the front and a smudge free matte back for a wonderful writing experience. The cards need to be reserved in advance as I am not planning of printing any extras. To see the card design, please scroll to the bottom of this post
✿ There will be black and white pictorial event stamp available for hand stamping your cards just for fun however please keep in mind as this will not be an official postmark or cancel provided by US Postal Service!!!
✿ Please let me know if you’re interested in attending by clicking the “GOING” button on the top and commenting below how many postcards you’d like to reserve in advance!
✿ Activities that I have planned for our meetup:
• Meet and Greet starts at 10 am : Meet other fellow post crossers and connect with them
• Postcard exchange/trade : You can bring along your favorite postcard supplies that you would like to share with the rest of the group or even exchange.
• Postcard group signing : This will be the postcard signing event of the Post Crossing meetup card.
• Mini Raffle Draw hosted by me of some of my favorite postcard supplies.
• Take a group picture of all us together to commemorate this fun memory!
✿ Items you can consider to bring along:
• Small signature stamps (not more than 1" in diameter) or non-smudging permanent marker pen for signatures.
• Extra blank postcards to give away or trade.
• Other Postcard Writing Supplies you would like to carry along like stamps, pens etc.
• Any postcards collected from Post crossing or your precious collection that you would want to show off!
✿ YOU ARE FREE TO BRING SOME OUTSIDE SNACKS & CLOSED DRINKS to our meetup which you would like to share. If you are planning on making something homemade then please get a written list of ingredients used in making it so people are well aware of what’s in it if anyone has any food allergies.
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to post below in comments. This would be my first time hosting a meetup so I am insanely excited and looking forward to it. I am on Instagram too as (geetikasinha7) if anybody would like to connect with me for the event.
Regards, Geetika Nayak