[RR] šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø US to US Surprise Me -Themeless Fun From Hawaii to Maine - We Want YOU! (Part 1)

I have a friend who is going to Kilauea next week to take pictures of the eruption. I could ask him to throw 2020 in there, but Madame Pele does not like being disrespected and may throw 2020 back out, which would do none of us any good. :cold_sweat:

5 Likes

Group 1180

@hootnoodle thanks for the great Christmas postcard. Yes, the holiday will be quiet here too, just the two of us. No different than what we do every year. I like to keep it simple :grinning: How nice for you that your daughter moved back!

@Savagepink Sea Girt Lighthouse for my map! Iā€™m glad you are enjoying your new job!

@ellistrations sent a beautiful view of Memphis across the river. Thank you!

1182 cards are written.

Please add me to groups 1184 & 1185, thank you!

ellistrations received:

Group 1167
@kyvintage - Happy New Year 2021, thank you! I donā€™t think it will magically change either, but hope is good and maybe with that mentality things will get better overall.

Group 1170
@Monkeyflower - Illustration, ā€œred umbrellas and old synagogue,ā€ thank you! The rain to prevent fire but cause landslides is a perfect example of having pros and cons to everything. I hope it all works out for you! Quite a year it has been for sure.
@Shesa-Renegade - bunny illustration, thank you! Happy Holidays! I can only hope that things will get better from here.

Group 1177
@AccentOnHakes - not sure how to describe this illustration, but itā€™s interesting, thank you! Snow sounds wonderful! Iā€™m not in the right location to get any, but Iā€™d love some!
@Koyohtay - Lincoln Park Zoo carousel, thank you! Beautiful card, Iā€™m so happy to receive it. I canā€™t wait to travel either. Iā€™m ready for a change of scenery and have some fun.
@Ukucaitie - Sea World orca (Shamu), thank you! Shamu is not around anymore so Iā€™m happy to receive this card! Theyā€™re absolutely amazing animals! :slight_smile:

GROUP 1175

@AccentOnHakes - a San Francisco cable car, with Alcatraz in the background. Thank you. Iā€™m glad to hear that youā€™ll get the vaccine soon. I think I should probably be way down the priority list because I am able to stay away from exposure.

USxUS Double-Dipping Group 1170 :heart:

@MichelleW
A sweet vintage reprint of children riding a tandem in the snow. With all the time on our hands, I canā€™t believe we didnā€™t take our bike out once! Love all the Christmas colors and decorations on the back and the font you used for the mailing labels. Thank you for the kind words, too, and for all you do for this group, Michelle! PS The postcard you sent last year (Whoville kids decorating tree) is framed and on display! :heart:

@Beachyblonde
A fun addition to my Lantern Press collection - Christmas - Blue Snow - Checkerboard. Kudos to all the parents with school-aged kids during this time. My sister homeschools her four kids (2 elementary, 1 middle school, 1 high school) - I donā€™t know how she does it. Thank you, Whitney!

@anon2074034
Thank you for the beautiful Christmas card with the woodland animals. Itā€™s nice to be able to bond with your little brother while youā€™re away. Can you play ping pong on Xbox? Iā€™m 15 years older than my youngest sister and they do grow fast! Thank you, Chelsey!

@HoosierWyomingite
Happy to add this Orange Meringue Pie recipe to my collection. I love lemon meringue pie so Iā€™m sure this will be just as good (yesterday my sister sent me a lemon crinkle cookie recipe). Thank you, Dan!

2 Likes

Group 1177

@ellistrations sends me a Caterpie PokĆ©mon card that was on my favorite list! Thank you so much. As a kid I loved collecting the cards, now I play PokĆ©mon Go. I am always so happy when I find a card that I have on someoneā€™s favorites. I also love the stamps you used. Thanks again!

Please add me to the next group :sunflower::sunflower::sunflower:

Hello! Iā€™m interested in joining group 1184 and 1185 : )

Cards sent for group 1183.

Wishing all of you happiness and joy, whether youā€™re celebrating something or not. How Blessed I feel to have met all of you! My final card to arrive before Christmas is hereā€¦

GROUP 1170 - DOUBLE DIPPING

@TandemStoker sent a gorgeous snowy picture of Bell Rock in Arizona. No matter where we call home in this country, there is so much beauty to be found. Merry Christmas to you as well, Shirleyā€¦thank you for sharing!

Group 1183 cards are in the mail. Please add me to another group.

Group 1178 - Received a beautiful purple and blue Hannukah card from MichelleW on Christmas Eve. Happy Holidays and thank you, Michelle!

@Ukucaitie sent me a cool vintage card of Washington St in Grand Haven, MI. It must have been renamed to Washington Ave because thatā€™s all I can find on Google Maps.

@MichelleW sent me a Christmas card. Perfect timing! Thanks, Michelle, for always being such a great host. I hope you are enjoying your holidays, garage or not!

@Angeldreamer - the birthday card is actually for Group BD11! I sent it out before you posted the addresses in the hope it would reach you in time for your birthday!

thank you! I will document it there. some of this mail likely was here before my BDā€¦I was so overwhelmedā€¦and I have a shoebox full of stuff I am trying to report right now for the HF RR group

1181: @anon2074034, thanks for the pretty vintage flamingo card! Sarah Paulson is amazing in Ratched, isnā€™t she?

1183: cards are in the mail.

:heart:Iā€™ll join another small group, please.

1 Like

Group 1178

Cards in the mail today 26 December.

Group 1183 cards are in the mail!