[RR] 🇺🇸 US to US Surprise Me -Themeless Fun From Hawaii to Maine - We Want YOU! (Part 1)

Group 1163 is in the mail.

Thank you! I used the link you sent me.

@lyndylou5 - Sounds like a fun card. What group was it for? :smiley_cat:

We love newbies, here! Welcome! :bouncing:

It’s been way too long! I hope you’ll join more groups after the holidays! Stay safe, be happy! :kissing_cat:

Thanks! You can add me to a new group after the holidays as well. I need to take a break from work and postcards!

(click to enlarge)

And I received a card for the Open House group from @Blue_Fox! I love this enchanting illustration from a children’s book by the German artist, Sulamith Wülfing. I had to see more of her work and was amazed at how similar some paintings are to Susan Seddon Boulet, who is one of my favorite artists. I’d love to see one of Wülfing’s fairy tale books! I’ve found that as hard as it is for me, going to the grocery store as soon as it opens is the “quietest” time. What a pain to get up by 6 a.m. for my closest store! Thanks so much, Mark!

Group 1164 closed and I sent the address list.

I think I’ve done all the damage I can do for the moment. Thanks, everyone!

If you are traveling for Thanksgiving, PLEASE be safe! :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :heart:

FlowerSmiley.jpg

Open House :heart:

@gabi_m
Disney’s Mulan. I haven’t seen the animated or the live action Mulan yet (and unfortunately we don’t subscribe to Disney … but maybe Santa will give that to my husband for Christmas so he can watch the Star Wars stuff). Great postage and thank you so much for adding the Colorado flag, Gabi!

@coleandjojo
Fun facts about crayons (and a heart). I’m not familiar with Loteria so I’ll have to look that up. When you get around to making the cards into artwork, please share with me as I love that kind of stuff. Also, I know how you feel about not having the heart to cut things up for the sake of art. I need to tell myself, “It’s just paper.” or “There are no mistakes in art.” I need to use my art supplies and not save it but share it. LOL! Thank you, Nicole!

@anon2074034
Old South Pecan Pie recipe. I do love pecan pie so I think that will be our Christmas dinner dessert. Fun Olympics postage. Thank you, Chelsey, and nice to meet you!

@kyvintage
Kentucky map and info card. I love collecting these types of cards. Did you figure out what you did to hurt your back? I hope it’s better by the time you read this. Great postage. Thank you, Lukas!

Group 1155 (all received now!)

@littleredtamale - Thanks for the beautiful scene with a bridge and possibly a castle in the background. There was no information about where this was, but it was beautiful!

Click to See!

1 Like

From KYvintage, gr 1150, a lovely art card. I am a big fan of German Expressionism.

1161 @lyndylou5 send the great card with birds circling the Sun. I love that you play Old-time music I play old time banjo clawhammer Style and some fiddle and I sing the old mountain ballads but I’ve been handed down in my family for many generations.

Double eagle @Beachyblonde thank you for the great founding fathers card buy Lantern press I love anything to do with that time. It will just be my husband and I for Thanksgiving and we were not going to have the traditional food until he changed his mind today so now I have to go to the store tomorrow haha.

open house @Blue_Fox thank you for the architect card. And thank you for all of your work I know it must be getting more and more difficult every day stay happy healthy and safe

please add me to a small group.

Received a Group 1160 card today from @ellistrations with a bunch of cute donut illustrations. I feel like I’ve just been rewatching TV shows while I’ve been stuck inside (which I never used to do). Pandemic TV arcs seem stressful to watch lol.

Hi @MichelleW, I was checking to see if I needed to resend, and found that kyvintage has received my card for Group 1152:

GROUP 1160

ellistrations - a night view of Chattanooga, Tennessee. I don’t know why, but that city’s name makes me smile.

kyvintage - Kentucky map, facts, and horses! Thanks for your concern. I’ve been well, but just really active with election stuff. I’ve missed my postcrossing friends, so will pop in more often, even though I’m still working on politics (Georgia senate races).

Thank you both.

Here’s hoping a postcard a day keeps the doctor away! A few great cards in the mail this week. Big thanks to the following friends:

Group 1151 (please close)

• @AccentOnHakes thanks for Cali skateboard throwback! This totally captures the carefree feelings of the times.

• @Shesa-Renegade thanks for cactus pc. I really liked the robot and bookworm stickers. Hard to tell if your the student or the teacher it seems both sides cant wait for a Thanksgiving break! LOL!

• @gabi_m thanks for pc of Benjamin Harrison campaign button. Interesting that you chose this president he has ties to both Indiana my home state and Ohio my current state. Harrison was born in Ohio but lived and prospered in Indianapolis both before and after his presidency. After his death he was interred in the cities most famous cemetery. He is the ONLY president to be associated with Indiana.

• @jocrafts thanks for Guerrilla Girls pc. I must know more about this! I too waited to vote. About 2 hours the line stretched out the front doors down the sidewalk and around the building. Thank you for your commitment and waiting 5 hours in the cold rain. We must make it easier for everyone to vote! Now all eyes are on Georgia to see what will happen with the Senate.

1 Like

When I lived in Knoxville, I had to travel to Chattanooga for my work and one of the first tourist things I did was go see the Chattanooga Choo-Choo. I almost always hear, “Pardon me, boy…” when I see Chattanooga mentioned somewhere. Love big bands!

And that’s all for now - thanks!

FlowerSmiley.jpg

1 Like

Please add me to next group.

Thank you to @sleepykitty for the card about not keeping calm but raising hell and changing the world! Those are real cute Snoopy stickers, I can never find anything that cool! Thanks Carrie Jean!

1 Like