[RR] 🇺🇸 US to US Surprise Me -Themeless Fun From Hawaii to Maine - We Want YOU! (Part 1)

Hi, @KristinaGisela ! I don’t have you on my master list, so I would appreciate a PM with you address info.

In the meantime, WELCOME TO THE GROUP!

And I played hooky yesterday! It was for a noble reason, I finally finished up my cards for Open House and Group 1161! I’m very impressed with folks who can join the monthly groups!

Also, I received 3 cards for Open House!

• @coleandjojo sent a famous/infamous - postcard of the very gorgeous Vivien Leigh! It’s famous/infamous because the publisher apparently didn’t know legendary actors very well and “autographed” Viviene’s portrait with Elizabeth Taylor’s name!! Oops… Thank you, Nicole. I liked your thoughts about the miracle of postcards getting through the mail! :smile_cat:

• @jocrafts sent a great “I Obamacare about you,” card! I love these cards, Jo - thanks! :smile_cat:

• @carolreader sent a super Kliban’s Cats card. I envy his total enjoyment of a big plate of spaghetti by candlelight! Kliban’s cards are hard to find now so I really appreciate your sending me one! :smile_cat:

Group 1163 closed and I sent the address list to the participants.

And that does it for now. Thanks for the updates, everyone!
FlowerSmiley.jpg

1163 is ready for tomorrow’s mail.

Open house @carolreader thank you for the bird postcard from the Wilderness Center in Ohio I cannot believe they had postcards for $0.05 I would have gone crazy. Recently I went on a shopping spree and suddenly I have 21 box sets of 100 I think I’m set for a few years.

Open House card received:

@Shesa-Renegade Thank you for the “Women in Science” card :slightly_smiling_face: This set of cards is great.

Group 1162

EmilyAnn cool illustration of a slipper orchid. Congrats on the library job!
ukucaitie beautiful art card! Welcome!!

Thank you both! My cards went out last week.

Open House Group :heart:

@emilyann
Film frame from Disney’s The Emperor’s New Groove. I haven’t seen that one. Yes, Happy Open House celebrations to you, too, Emily, and thank you!

@Shesa-Renegade
Barbara McClintock, Cytogeneticist. I love this series of postcards. Yes, we need to have faith in science and scientists (if only my hubby could convince his sisters). Thank you, Rene!

@treeclimber
Sevierville, Tennessee, The Hometown of Dolly Parton. I love Dolly! She had a concert in Denver a year or two ago and I missed it. Seeing her is definitely on my bucket list. I hope you had a nice getaway with your friends. Thank you, Deb!

Open House Group. All cards mailed. :smiley:

Group 1160 cards are ready to go tomorrow.

Please put me in the next open group. Have a great week!

It’s lovely to find a handful of cards in a strange location in your house! Fortunately, I think I got these on Friday or Saturday! Included in the stash:

Group 1161:

@lyndylou5 sent a card which I think is from the Animal Box, David Howell’s Oxen. I can’t think of a more beautiful part of the country for hiking than the Northwest. My brother and I both play piano - the difference is that he kept up with it and is very, very good and I didn’t and I don’t let anyone hear me fumble around! Thanks, Lyndy.! :smile_cat:

@kyvintage - most of my cards were from you and you seem to have a large selection of “perfect for Michelle” among them! I love the off-the-wall Beatles cards you find. I’ve never seen Ringo looking so serious! (I was very happy to see hootnoodle back on the forum!) Thanks, Lukas! :smiley_cat:

FlowerSmiley.jpg

1 Like

Thanks @Cruzin for the Van Gogh looking scene in SF. So creative!

1 Like

Open house

@Blue_Fox thank you for the petrified log card! Yes, it is a rock and I love it. I hope one day I’ll get to travel to that national park.

@kyvintage Thank you for the really fun old-tyme music postcard, I LOVE it!

May I please join Group 1164? I am sending my address now.

May I join 1164 please?

All my cards for Group 1160 will be in the mail by tomorrow.

Good evening all! It has been a while. My group 1157 cards are out! I have also received a few cards this week:

Group 1147: All

carriejean- Halloween card! Feels like that was forever ago. I kind of stopped celebrating Halloween, but still attempt to participate in events with my peers, whether Halloween themed or just autumn/fall related. I am not the biggest fan of costumes, though!

Group 1157:

kyvintage- Card of two men on a farm, one of them is playing the banjo. Great card and stamps! I feel like I can “hear” pictures of orchestras/violinists as well sometimes!

blue_fox- Card of Severance Hall in Cleveland. My violin private teacher is also a professor at Cleveland State, so he was able to hear Cleveland Orchestra on lots of occasions! Thank you for the fortune.

Beachyblonde- Tennessee tourist card. Great to meet you, Whitney!

That’s all from me for now, take care during the holidays!

1 Like

1160 is out in the mail :mailbox_with_mail:

Group 1163 cards are ready to go tomorrow.

Please add me to another group.

Group #1163 is in the mail.