[RR] US to US Surprise Me -Themeless Fun From Hawaii to Maine! (Updated)

reporting 6 of 9 received for 1830 so far

@wmiz77 sent a beautiful blooming landscape in the arizona desert. I was never lucky enough to be driving thru when there were flowers blooming! so pretty!

@tia272 sent a lazy cat sprawled out…I am about to emulate that cat shortly!! haha I hope you are making progress with your quilting project. Kudos for starting! I have so many “in my mind” and only the ones from my grandmother in a physical state. haha

@MuttleysMom sent a beautiful sunset. I imagine your dog gets a great sense of satisfaction when he barks and people leave the area…as they were going to anyway! People always apologize to me that their dogs bark at me as I deliver packages…I just tell the dogs they are good, and remind the owners it is their job to bark! and the fact that I quickly leave serves as reinforcement so there is no breaking that behavior anyway! haha

@Hazygirl a very cool HP foil embossed card with the crest of Ravenclaw…I don’t have any of these cards and had not seen the like of them before. how cool!

@sleepyhippo1 sends a Tardis card with a cute little cat looking inside and it says Keep Calm and Ask Questions…such an awesome card! We all need to follow this advice these days and not just take for granted what we see on social media or hear on the tv news (as they are getting their news from the social media too often as well!)

@brooklynh an art card of a white swan and a black swan. Love the decorations on the back as well! Your xmas collection sounds wonderful and I bet you love to unpack it every year and also find the perfect thing to add to it as well! I have to be more choosey these days, but that just makes it more challenging and fun now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

May I please join 1844?

May I join the next open 5-person group, please?

Group 1836 is in the mail :mailbox_with_mail:

@Beachyblonde - thank you! I think you just have a week left before summer. It will be here before you know it!

@MichelleW - thank you! I love when you find cards just in time for a holiday. I tend to find them after then wait another year to use them, haha! Married life is good. I think once we are in a house, we will be a bit more relaxed and less crammed.

Group 1839 are in the mail!

I’ve also received from Group 1839

@skatingjerry Thank you! Cute bunny card from my challenge!! I’m jealous of all your animals! I would love to have more than one dog…

Group 1839, from @saoirse253 - thank you so much for the lovely lighthouse postcard! Your Lucy sounds like she is absolutely devoted to you. I hope you have her for a long time. :heart:

Thank you for your condolences about Abby - I miss her so much.

2 Likes

Received from @CalicoBeer for #1835. Pride and Prejudice is a favorite novel and I am a huge grammar nerd – this card makes me so happy! Thank you!

1 Like

That makes me so happy!! These cards are for a niche audience. Lol

1 Like

@wmiz77 Thank you for the pride march stamp card! I didn’t know these cards/stamps existed until you sent this card, and now I have the whole set on the way to me.
@brooklynh Thank you for the Peregrine Falcon card! I love this set. We’ve been keeping an eye out for one during migration the last few weeks.

@JudyFL Thank you for the crested honeycreeper card and beautiful bird stamps! I’m very jealous that you saw a painted bunting! The indigo buntings come up here to breed–we’ve been keeping our eye out for them but haven’t seen one yet!

@SincerelySel Thank you for the beautiful green pomelo card. I love the cute pride shark sticker!! You did nail it lol

5 Likes

Group #1840

Thank you @nursegarry for the wonderful “Arc de Triomphe” postcard! I have not been to Paris, but I hope I will make it there one day! :blush:

Thank you @SincerelySel for the awesome Las Vegas card!! Vegas is such a fun place to be! Too Sweet has been at the top of my playlist recently too haha! :sparkles:

Thank you @blubay2021 for the wonderful Harry Potter postcard! I hope that when your son is able to read the series he falls in love with it! :owl: :books:

2 Likes

Group 1830
@TeachLittleKids Sent a great illustration are used to have lots of plants, but they’re just became too much

Group 1840
@SincerelySel Sent a great Motel card. I wish we had those travel stops around here. We stopped on the road and I was able to get some postcards which was great.
@blubay2021 Sent a Vaders Little Princess. These cards are so great whoever came up with these were so clever

@nursegarry Send an excellent Star Wars card that I’ve never seen before. I remember going to the movies with my cousin cousin and my uncle at what used to be a movie theater in downtown Flushing not far from Shea Stadium I Didn’t have a Star Wars comforter though.

3 Likes

Group 1838
@TrvlCat Thank you for the Acadia National Park Lantern Press card!

@MuttleysMom Another Lantern Press Card from Lake Clark, thank you!

Group 1840
@SincerelySel Thank you for the card from Austria

@nursegarry This is a very beautiful picture, despite the controversy around mining.

5 Likes

Group #1835

@geojoy I have a bunch of those prestamped duck cards too, I never thought about using the back side to collage on. Genius idea! Thanks for the inspiration!

@KnittingDyke I am reviving my quilting skills to make one for the arrival of my first great grandbaby. And I especially love hand-dyed fabric. So this postcard is perfect for me!

2 Likes

Group 1840 is in the mail :mailbox_with_mail:
I have received all cards from Group 1836:
@Sammy1sock sent a colorful Colorado card with those super active and sometimes comical hummingbirds - I love it! It brings back memories of last summer when we visited a Colorado ranch that had a feeder hanging on their porch. The scene looked exactly like this postcard every day - thank you!

@Beachyblonde sent a beautiful magnolia blossom and some nice USPS postage stamps; the magnolia trees are blooming in our neighborhood and they’re so lovely to see on our dog walks - thank you!

2 Likes

Group 1830

@kristencat sent a “No Prob Llama” postcard. Pretty good choice for a blind round :slight_smile: Today I’m going to finish “Lessons in Chemistry” and meet a friend for a hike with our dogs.

@TeachLittleKids sent an illustrated picture with potted plants. For some readon, this picture looks peaceful. Love it! Hoping the performances are going well :slight_smile:

@brooklynh sent a map postcard of West Virginia. Lots of cool facts on the backside. I like the motto “Mountaineers are always free”, I feel freedom when I’m in the mountains. Thanks Brooklyn!

@tia272 sent a progressive 1920’s woman wearing a flapper dress - gasp! One of my favorite things about women’s history is moments when women rebelled against the norm, and the flapper dress was a great example!

@wmiz77 sent a very cool modern take on Rosy the Riveter. Thanks so much! Our spring has been pretty cold so we bought and planted starters in our vegetable garden this year. I’m thinking about adding a few flower seeds and see what happens.

Thanks everyone!

5 Likes

Yay for the weekend! Now time to catch up on my postcrossing!

Group 1831 This completes all cards for this group for me!
@tia272 Poodle, 2020 by Dylan Goldberger from the dog box 100 postcard set! Thank you! Hearing about your awesome slow cooker recipes reminds me how I should really branch out with my cooking for those lol I’m terrible. My pressure has been nothing but the perfect hard boiled egg machine lol

Group 1837
@nursegarry Picture of a sculpture by Mary Wollstonecraft, a plate from The Dinner Party. I had never heard of this! Very interesting and very cool. I’m thinking about V for Vendetta when the character says artists use lies to tell the truth; there seems to be very good artistry and hence good truth telling here!
@saoirse253 Adorable illustrated card of a 2-story green coffee shop by ArtPavo! It’s so cute! I have not tried the Baskin Robbins cold brew icecream but it’s making my mouth water thinking about it, haha. Perfect excuse to do ice cream for breakfast, I’m thinking!

Group 1840
@nursegarry An Easy Outfit for an Active Man old ad featuring Douglas Bull. Wow, I too am fascinated by this! You’re right, he’s not a classic beauty. It’s very cool that it was his popularity for what he did that made him a great promotional choice, I’m betting. Haha, those are very short man-shorts. But you know what? I’d be fine with men’s fashion going back to that, hahahahaha.

Thank you everyone for all the wonderful cards this week! : )

4 Likes

Major headache. Did you go through the posts to see if anyone’s gotten one from you for 1830?

Did anyone get a card from uconn for Group 1830??

I don’t think so.

Group 1836 - I received a overly-adorable trio of meerkats from @Sammy1sock. I was addicted to the old TV show, “Meerkat Manor.” They are so teeny! Thanks, Sam :heart:

Enjoy your weekend and thanks for the updateshippieemoji

Open Groups

Traveling Groups (check your status here)

3 Likes