[RR] US to US Surprise Me -Themeless Fun From Hawaii to Maine! (Updated)

I’ll join any open group :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you Michelle!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Group 1820 - @KnittingDyke sent a wonderful steampunk-inspired gizmo whose torso is marked as a Haynes MCM Photometer. I appreciate your message and am glad you’re enjoying the RR. Your trip sound just amazing. Hope the weather is nice and you stay safe on the roads! Thanks, Jeanne :red_car:

Group 1822 closed and I’ll send the address list very soon.

Updated hippieemoji

Open Groups

Traveling Groups (check your status here)

1 Like

Postcard for Group #1821 out in the mail today!

Please add me to the next small group :sunny:

@prssrp

Amazing card and matching stamp patty! Thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I bought a 4 pack of the solar eclipse glasses, and we’re going to go outside for it for sure! The obscuration percentage for our area is 86% so I think it will be pretty neat!

1 Like

Smiles in the mailbox on a beautiful spring Friday…

GROUP 1820

@prssrp sent a beautiful card from the Fifty-Nine Parks set…this one from my old home state, and Indiana Dunes National Park. Thank you, Patty! My Easter was a quiet and lonely one as well…brightened, though, by a chat with my daughter.

@KnittingDyke shared a gorgeous view from her trip to Shetland in 2019. Thank you, Jeanne! Ah, yes…COVID…I was less than 48 hours from embarking on a week-long motorcycle trip from Tampa to New Orleans and back when the world shut down. Never did get to make that ride :neutral_face:. Here’s hoping you’ll find yourself back off the Scottish coast one day!

1 Like

1820 - @HoosierWyomingite - Calypso cat - I don’t know what this poor postcard went through in just 5 short days. She is a pretty cat.

Group #1800

@TeachLittleKids Congratulations on the new grandbaby! That’s terrific!

@gabi_m Ahh yes, the Moonlight Sonata, I agree! Thanks for the wonderful postage stamps.

Group #1807

@sarahaeyo You did a beautiful job on this card! Both the front and the back are lovely. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Group 1819:

@uconn - an impression from an ancient Mesopotamian cylinder seal, found a the Morgan Library and Museum in NYC. Thank you. Museums can be such special places.

1 Like

Group 1820

Thank you @durangirl for the bookstore card! It is really pretty, and bookstores are a happy place :slight_smile: . I’m also from CA originally, but from a long time ago. I’m glad you’re enjoying your new home! I miss that excitement of learning a new place. Nice to meet you!

1 Like

Group 1820 - @prssrp sent a great Hubble telescope glimpse of the universe! I can’t imagine still anticipating snow…it’s a once-a-decade event in Dallas! Thanks, Patty. :ringer_planet:

Updated - Happy Weekend to everyone!
hippieemoji

Open Groups

Traveling Groups (check your status here)

Group 1821

Thank you @kristencat for the very pretty Great Smokey Mountain postcard! This is such a lovely card. I like the contrast of the vibrant red and white church. I hope you had a great time on your trip! Also, love the capybara stickers you used :joy:

Thank @AccentOnHakes for the cute beluga whale card! I have not watched Bad Surgeon, but I’ll have to give it a watch. There is an aquarium here in CT which has belugas and sea lions too. I cannot remember if they have harbor seals, but they are the aquarium that has a stranding team which we collect our specimens from.

Hi, can I join group 1823 and 1825 please.

Group 1817

Received:

@bookendss Thank you for the unique postcard! It’s very fun and creative. I hope you enjoyed your tea, and the zucchini boats sound delicious!

@Wynnie A mailbox card! Love it. And I absolutely loved the fact that you wrote small enough to answer all six questions. That was a joy to read and it made me very happy that you took the time to do that. Thank you!

@prssrp A panoramic solar eclipse card! Love it. And the matching stamp too. I hope you can see something on your flight!

1 Like

70-mile per hour wind gusts today in the Magic City…but it didn’t keep me from dodging the flying trash cans and making my way to the mailbox :cowboy_hat_face:

GROUP 1820

@Sunhilde shared Duane Bryers’ irrepressible Hilda, in Walking the Tracks. Thank you, Ada! She’s one of my favorites too, and I’ve only seen a few of these cards over the years. So cool that you have some of the prints at home!

2 Likes

Group #1813

@avery27 - Thank you so much for the wonderful black bear postcard! I see them frequently where I live, so this card was great! Hopefully you get a record player soon :grin:

Group #1819

@uconn - I love the Theodore Roosevelt National Park card you sent! The style of the card is truly great. Thank you! :smiling_face:

@AccentOnHakes - The Michigan card you sent is so beautiful! I love the sunset it portrays, and it makes me want to go back on vacation haha! Thank you :hugs:

2 Likes

@durangirl great vintage Lodge card, thanks

@sleepyhippo1 cool building! Brown Country Historical Museum, New Ulm, MN

@KnittingDyke sheep cupcakes, fun! I love tomato soup and grilled cheese, that closed cafe sounds good

2 Likes

Next small group please.

1820 - durangirl - Hot Springs National Park - I love being home to watch the rain too. My new office at work has a lot of views so we can see the weather. It is kind of cool too. Meatloaf - I haven’t had that in foreever. Might have to make it.

1 Like