[RR] US to US Surprise Me -Themeless Fun From Hawaii to Maine! (Updated)

@bookmeg Thanks for the fun penguin card!
@Blue_Fox I love the John Lewis card and the message!! Thanks so much

Group 1818

@MichelleW - a striking Zulu basket, made from telephone wire! Thank you. Sending you lots of healing wishes.

@durangirl - Gateway National Park. Thank you. I need to look up the differences between National Parks and National Monuments. This N.P. just seems more like a monument. We have three national parks in Washington (Mount Rainier, Olympic, and North Cascades), but Mount St. Helens is a national monument.

1 Like

@brooklynh thanks for this movie poster. An odd one for sure.

1 Like

Time for cake, candles and crazy celebrating - it’s @treeclimber’s birthday!!

giphy1

1 Like

Group 1818 - I got @MuttleysMom’s card with a funny photo of a goofy giraffe in Tanzania. They are really not very bright, but that makes them all the more entertaining! Lucky you to have a friend who reminds to get you cards to send when they’re in such a fabulous spot. Thanks, Candace :giraffe:

Updated - thanks! hippieemoji

Open Groups

Traveling Groups (check your status here)

1 Like

Group 1800 Received from @rabidtriangle Sent a woman with clocks and gears for hair…yes I think sometimes the obvious seems too simple. It’s a beautiful image…a bit steam punk with those gears!
@TeachLittleKids Sent “The Handmaids Tale” by Margaret Atwood. First up…my fav. Canadian author and I just saw her play Penelopiad in Chicago…the retelling of Homer’s Odyssey from Penelope’s perspective! 13 women on stage playing all the roles and telling what really happened! So good.
@JudyFL Sent “the rookie” by Rockwell…he was the all American artist who actually made us look at what was happening. I’ve never seen this one…thank you for sending it. Great image.
@treeclimber Sent Monet’s waterlilies…so peaceful. Thanks
@WrenAtTheBeach Sent a great beach sign post. I’m sorry about your dog. I love dogs too…perhaps more than most humans in my life. Sigh. At least he’s in the care of someone who really loves him.
@TwoDoggies Sent Jimmi Hendrix…wow…His jewelry is stunning. I love that he closed Woodstock!
@Angeldreamer Thanks for the tip about the Nicelle Nichols…and I’m glad you didn’t get picked for Jury duty…it’s tedious…and who wants to be around all those strange personality types…yuck!
@gabi_m I adore this card! I like the idea of a memorial to post workers too!
@Beachyblonde Sent a wonderful B&W of Australian Aborigines …The comradeship is gorgeous!
@jocrafts Sent the Indianapolis state capital…what an impressive building. They don’t build them like that any more…too bad.

Group 1805
@AccentOnHakes Sent a card from the Men Writers series…REynolds Price. I don’t think I’ve ever read anything by him! Thanks for introducing me to him.
@uconn Sent Study of a nude by Axel Gallen…I did a nude drawing class once with some friends…it’ was a bonding experience…to say the least.

Group 1808
@prssrp Sent a beautiful color up your life card. so much joy in that photo! Thank you.
@Blue_Fox Sent a pinup…so steamy. Thank you!
@Pixie1306 Sent Florida’s lighthouses…whoa…so many . What an impressive sight!

Group 1810
@Wynnie Sent a Renoir…another great choice. I have seen many of his paintings and he is my fav. impressionist. I do like figure work…I find it more interesting that landscapes. He awakens a calmness and captures people’s emotions so well.
@lyndylou5 Thanks for the nursing stamp! Love it! And the sleeping nymph is gorgeous. Great painting
@uconn sent a great nude from a stamp/card show! Love it…etheral quality.
@Cynovian Sent a pink mountain. So glad you are celebrating your four legged friend. They deserve all our love!
@ellistrations Sent a great card from Maui! Thank you …brought back memories of living and working there in the early 2000’s.
@Blue_Fox Sent a vintage airplane…great texture on that card. Thank you so much.
@bookmeg I’m checking out Flophouse…and yes I like it. I also recommend “the tourist” a 2 seasons 6 part weird show from Australia …dark humor!
@prssrp Sent the famous workmen having lunch on a beam of a skyscraper…I’d be vomiting lunch not eating it! LOL.
@JudyFL Sent a fantastic men’s gymnastics and matching stamp…I’m looking forward to them too. I also like the track and field!

Thank you all so much,
Garry

5 Likes

Group 1800 (all received now! :tada:)
@jocrafts My husband loves his wool blanket, purchased from the woman who raised the sheep.

@AccentOnHakes maybe you sent the rain here. It’s been a rainy Tuesday. Thanks for this art card.

@Blue_Fox

:heart_eyes:
Love this clown card
Thank you so much!

Group 1800

@WrenAtTheBeach Reporting

@Angeldreamer sent a lovely lighthouse illustration. Thank you! And great stamp! I love the all the tidbits you can glean from delivering someone’s mail. Your card just gave me a great idea for a book! Thank you for the book recommendation, too.

@jocrafts sent a beautiful White River at Potter’s Bridge card with many wonderful stamps. Thank you! I love covered bridges. Many years ago, I went on a mission to photograph all the remaining covered bridges in the United States. Needless to say, I came up short (and ran out of money). Now there’s even less than there were back then. I need to unearth those photos. They were all shot on film. That’s still a road trip I want to take. Thanks for bringing back those memories!

It’s time to do some serious celebrating for @WrenAtTheBeach’s birthday!

giphy3

1 Like

Don’t take off those dancing shoes yet…

There’s a birthday goin’ on at @TrvlCat’s place!!

giphy1

2 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

May I join a small group please :slight_smile:

1 Like

@TrvlCat & @WrenAtTheBeach Happy Birthday! :birthday: :tada:

2 Likes

Thank you!

Thank you! And Happy Birthday to you too @TrvlCat!

2 Likes

A very Happy Birthday to you too, @WrenAtTheBeach! :partying_face:

1 Like

Thank you! :grinning:

1 Like

1820 Ready to mail

@Blue_Fox thanks for this Route 66 card

@hootnoodle thanks for this Dr. Who card