[RR] The British Isles RR ★

Group #185 Surprise :gift: Many thanks to @geo_ for your rainbow postage stamp collage postcard! Among my favourite stamp issues (thanks to having them included in an order from Philatelink and getting to use them on outgoing post) are the Liverpool and Manchester Railway issue from 1980, with Stephenson’s Rocket locomotive hauling its train. I am now contemplating another Philatelink order to see if I can get my paws on some 1993 Abbotsbury Swannery postage stamps!

7 Likes

My cards for Group #181 Surprise :gift: are written & will go in tomorrow’s post :postbox: x

3 Likes

Thank you @Casehandler for this beautiful card for Group #181 Surprise :gift: and also for the gorgeous envelope you used to protect it (very much appreciated) lovely decoration & stamp choice too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I completely agree about the sunshine & dust :laughing: I’m pleased it’s not just our house lol x

6 Likes

:laughing::+1:

1 Like

For #181 (Surprise), and from Carol (@Casehandler) a lovely paddling scene from Blackpool beach, some time in the late 1940s or early 1950s. I bet he’s wearing a tie!

Thank you so much, Carol, and for the great stamp selection!

Charles

6 Likes

Can I join 180 and 184 please :blush:

1 Like

Group #181 from @Casehandler
Thankyou ! I bought myself some tulips for Easter -lovely

5 Likes

Thank you @geo_ for this card for Group #185 Surprise - majestic peregrine falcons at the coast. Watching red kites and sparrowhawks over the fields on the cliffs in Wales is something I love. Thank you also for the fantastic range of stamps, especially the snowflake!

I haven’t tried paddle boarding yet! Perhaps I can try it this year. Thank you, Georgia!

4 Likes

You’re more than welcome - and yes, undoubtedly wearing a tie! :laughing::+1:

1 Like

I love them - so colourful! Hope you had a nice Easter break :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Please may I be added to #182 (Jurassic), @maddymail?

Many thanks!

Charles

1 Like

The Jurassic group has filled up just in time for tomorrow’s special postmark :sauropod:

5 Likes

Group #181 Surprise :gift:

Thank you Charles @CEBooth for this gorgeous Wildlife Photographer of The Year card :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: my husband & I vote each year & I think it’s highly likely I voted for this beautiful snowshoe hare, although it’s alway so difficult to choose a favourite. How wonderful that you get to visit the exhibition!

Such a lovely choice of stamps too, thank you x

5 Likes

Group #181 Surprise :gift:

Thank you Tracy @tesc for the fantastic Imperial Crown postcard that you’ll be pleased to know arrived in perfect condition! :blush::blush::blush:

I’ve never been to the Tower of London, but we watched the behind the scenes TV series about it and I’d love to see the Crown Jewels. Would you recommend it? I love the stamp too, thank you, such a beautiful photo of the Queen.

And it’s the perfect addition to last weeks fab King Charles card from @jobloggs x

7 Likes

A lovely Jackie Morris card from Tracy (@tesc) for #181 Surprise. Text by Rob Macfarlane: ‘Out on the hill, old Oak still stands: stag-headed, fire-struck, bare-crowned, stubbornly holding its ground.’

I met Rob and Jackie at the fabulous exhibition for their book “Lost Words”, and they are lovely people - who also make wonderful postcards! Thank you, Tracy!

Charles

7 Likes

Brilliant! :joy:

1 Like

Its quite a site but be warned very very busy and we went on a Monday morning !

2 Likes

Group #181
From @EmmaG Emma Thankyou so much for a wonderful addition to my collection :heart: :heart: :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Group #185 Surprise :gift: Many thanks to @mwntimperial for your mail trains of the South West postcard! I am glad that you enjoyed the Meet-up on Saturday. Grand to read that there are great crested newts living in your neck of the woods!

3 Likes

How long did you spend there! I’ve heard people say it’s a whole day job!

1 Like