[RR] North American September 2022 Round Robin - The Labouring Over Postcards Edition - Closed!

#28 reporting cards received:

#2 @CrimsonKing sent a cool hand pose (for my finger challenge). There’s either milk or hand lotion being squirted on the hand from a distance.

3 @Cruzin sent a ballerina (legs). I agree legs are most important.

#4 @JenHart sent Where’s Waldo? I found 2 of the 4 items with a magnifying glass.

#5 @SusanneA a funny card. Hmm, I’ll have to check out this Do It On a Dome show.

#17 @Hazygirl sent a Penguin Classic book cover of Chekhov The Duel and Other Stories (meeting my story challenge).

#18 @LaurenceB a circus fire truck for my flames challenge. And, a funny joke!

#19 @ellistrations a Christopher Arndt card called Kitchen Table with jars (for my challenge).

#22 @uconn sent a very cool story card about mushrooms and witchcraft (for my story challenge).

Thank you all everyone, for rising to my challenges. I really enjoy receiving your cards.

3 Likes

#5 reporting cards received:
#2 @CrimsonKing - I would also LOVE to visit Scotland.
#3 @Cruzin - Wow you are an avid reader. I’ve probably read that many magazine articles.
#6 @mikeyz1 - Cool buffalo card and I love all the stamps.
#17 @Hazygirl - I’ve never heard of Ty-Phoo tea, but I will definately look it up. Might be a new favorite.
#19 @ellistrations - Cool James Bond classic card!
#22 @uconn - What did they ever do with the replica ship?
#25 @sleepyhippo1 - Both Australia and New Zealand sound like good places to visit, I think I’d like Ireland. As a redhead, I think I’d fit in a little bit.
#26 @sarahaeyo - Love the classy lady. I’m not sure I could wear that hat as good as she does.

4 Likes

Received from @ljbbauer A beautiful picture from King Arthur play…there’s a good Vox “explained” series on Netflix that talks about Nursery rhymes and mentioned King Arthur and the historical legend which makes it different!
Received from @scoutingbear I think Butterflies might possibly be the spirits of other creatures…brief, transformational, colorful and beautiful! Thank you so much!

1 Like

#13 - All of my cards are going to the Post Office this morning!

Received the following:

#2 @CrimsonKing Lesly - thank you so much for the library of congress card. I love it! I’ve never seen a linen card before…I’m sensing a new obsession :wink:

#3 @Cruzin Lori- hello Neighbor :hugs: I’m glad you’re loving the Monterey area, where did you move from. I’ve been in SJ for 20 yrs but I feel like it’s time to explore. Loved the Lou Paper postcard, my first one. Yay! Now I know why all the craze over these postcards!

#4 @jenhart Jennifer, thanks for the gorgeous card of the Legare Waring House. I love historic homes. My friend lives very close to the Hayes Mansion and we like to walk the grounds. I feel like I’m in a Jane Austen Movie :joy:

#5 @SusanneA Susanne - your town sounds dreamy. My dream is to live in a small town like that! I watch a lot of YouTube videos an country living. It relaxes me. BTW, I love this postcard :two_hearts:

1 Like

#24 reporting

Thank you @uconn #22 for the wonderful Queen Elizabeth in miniature postcard. A beautiful sculpture by Fawn Zeller. I brought this in from the mailbox about an before it was announced that Queen Elizabeth had passed away. RIP.

1 Like

#11–September is off to a great start!

#3–Colorful archway–so sunny and welcome after all the rain we’ve had here.

#4–Happy little fellas. I still have Christmas mugs from Arby’s that must be at least 20years old now.

#5–A scene from The Sound of Music–I was angry with Christopher Plummer when I read that he didn’t like The Sound of Music. It’s one of my favorite movies, too.

#22–An unusual portrait of Cindy Sherman from the National Portrait Gallery in London–strange portraits in that gallery!

#26–Vintage reproduction of the Oakland Bay Bridge at night–beautiful postcard.

1 Like

#19 received

#17 @Hazygirl - thank you! Looks green to me! It’s been hot here too, but the mornings have been in the 70’s which is a much needed break already. Leaves are falling like crazy. Only takes a day to cover our driveway again.

#22 @uconn - thank you! It’s like two photos have been blended together, definitely makes for a strange bench… is that also a llama?

1 Like

#7 @mere5oh Meredith- thanks for the Frida Postcard. She is a favorite in our family. My two nieces dressed as the two Fridas last Halloween and it was surreal. I love that you host international students. What an experience. Good luck this school year!

#10 @emotis Erin- thanks for the card of Gent Castle. I’ve always been fascinated by castles. There’s something eerily beautiful about them. I hope you had a wonderful time in Belgium!

#17 @Hazygirl Jo-Ann, I love the postcard of La Plume. I’ve seen it in posters but never in postcard. I hope you enjoyed the summer and are ready for the new school year. When my kids were young, my favorite part of summer was buying school supplies because I knew they’d go back to school soon :joy: have a wonderful school year!

#19 @ellistrations Barbara, I love the seal postcard. It almost looks like it’d be soft and fluffy to the touch. The coolest mailbox I’ve seen is one of a wave (the base) and the mailbox on top of a surfboard. And of course, every time I go to a different country, I can’t help but to admire their mailboxes.

2 Likes

#22 @uconn James, I would’ve missed the goats too if you didn’t mention them. There’s something special about vintage postcards (and books). Love the stamps too!

#25 @sleepyhippo1 Marcella, love the pioneer cabin. It definitely looks like a place I’d love to live in but instead of the trees, I’d plant flowers. I can’t wait till rainy season in California (Jan-Mar). I love to curl on the couch and read a nice book!

#26 @sarahaeyo Sarah, when I saw this postcard I knew it was you (love your bio/wish list). I don’t know if I could wear this as a hoody but I’d love the print on a pillow :raised_hands:t3: Do you ever get K-pop cards? I need to add this to my wish list :smiley:

2 Likes

#25 all of my cards have been mailed

#22 uconn

#2 @CrimsonKing Tardigrades in space. Very cool!

#3 @Cruzin cool card from Art on a Postcard. Thanks!

#4 @jenhart love the old Saturday morning cartoons, thanks!

#5 @SusanneA thanks for this baseball art. I’ll go to an agricultural fair this weekend

#10 @emotis great beer and cheese card, and chicken stamp. Thank you

#19 @ellistrations nice old stamps. I like the old James Bond films, so like this box set. I think it’s out of production/ sold out.
Thanks

#23 @suatelier nice Montreal card, thank you
Congrats for your cousin

#26 @sarahaeyo a great hot dog card, thank you!
Good luck at the conference

5 Likes

#16 @jacieslar All of my cards are in the mail.

I have received:

#3 @Cruzin Thank you for the great watercolor postcard. I like that the proceeds from the card’s sale go to charity. I hope you were able to book your airfare without any issues.

#4 @jenhart I really like this card from Pawley’s Island. Thank you. I agree with you that states are often stereotyped by one or two popular sites while the rest of the state goes unnoticed.

#5 @SusanneA Thank you for the James Dean card. I wonder how many more great movies he would have made if his life hadn’t been so tragically cut short. Robbins sounds exactly like the small town where I grew up - current population is 1,328!

#7 @mere5oh I love this card of the 1988 Balloon Fiesta Poster. Thanks! I wish I was going to be able to attend the Balloon Fiesta this year, but we will be in Tucson during that time. You’ll have to let me know which balloon you get to crew for.

#17 @Hazygirl Thank you for the view card of a Wisconsin farm. I grew up on a farm in Ohio and this photo looks like it could have been taken there. What a coincidence - names and grade level teaching choice. What are the odds?

#19 @ellistrations I really like the quote from French philosopher and feminist activist Simone de Beauvoir. I certainly agree with it! Thank you.

3 Likes

More great cards to report:

#4 @jenhart sent a beautiful card showcasing the doors of Charleston, SC

#7 @mere5oh sent a wonderful Lou Paper card featuring all the things we love about summer, include VW campers!

#23 @suatelier sent a fabulous Montreal Lantern Press card featuring the Great Wheel at Sunset.

Thanks everyone!

1 Like

#2 reporting

#11 @alcott1 sent a card from The Gateway Post Card Club, thank you Mary Ellen! It’s a cute card. I was great to meet you at the postcard show in Collinsville, I also met another Postcrosser after you left from Missouri, I also bought a LOT more cards for 25 cents hehe.

#19 @ellistrations sent a raven with a pebble in its mouth, thank you Barbara! Crows and raven are really smart birds. Today is a hard day, but we’re getting through it.

#25 @sleepyhippo1 sent a Disney card, thank you Marcella! Pluto looks happy. I wish my day were going great, but alas it is not, I thank you anyway for your kindness.

1 Like

#19 received

#1 @cawindt - thank you! Happy to hear your school year is off to a great start! Having a good batch of students definitely help. I’ve heard stories from my aunt (teacher) where she has had a few years with students that never wanted to listen.

#8 @Shesa-Renegade - thank you! If I ever take more than a day off work at once, it takes me some time to get used to being back at work the next day, haha! I’m not sure I’d be able to handle a few months off. I did that when I was unemployed and I still miss it. :rofl:

#23 @suatelier - thank you! Congratulations to your cousin! I know a few people that have just been engaged themselves. It’s an exciting year for many.

1 Like

#1 @cawindt Great view of the Stone Castle in Antwerp. Vintage card, but it still looks the same. :slight_smile: (whew… it’s never good to have a castle change too much) No plans yet for a Belgium trip. Now that I’m an empty nester I can follow the cheap flights… that’s kinda exciting!

#2 @CrimsonKing Olaf! Some people are worth melting for. He’s a favorite! And I was last in Disney World in February. Disneyland? 2016? 2017? It’s been a bit!!

#3 @cruzin LouPaper Arkansas! I’m getting close to completing the states. And hope your UK plans work out.

#4 @jenhart A beautiful Tausendschon card. How cool that they make US scenes too. Great view of the Golden Gate Bridge.

#5 @SusanneA vintage tea card. Happy Chai Tea Day (a little early!)

#11 @alcott1 Arch Rock on Mackinac Island. I hope you do get to visit. It’s such a relaxing and beautiful place to stay.

#16 @jacieslar LP railroad car. I am not teaching this semester and am not missing it. I’m spending a lot of time working in the garden… and am already planning what I’ll plant in the spring.

#17 @hazygirl Cheesey Wisconsin card. I love finding cards while on a road trip!!

#19 @ellistrations macaron, coffee AND it’s glittery. Fun! I’m trying to cut down on coffee… but I’m still at 3 cups (ish)

#22 @uconn vintage Disneyland card of Upjohn’s old fashioned pharmacy. And I was super impressed with the Saul finale. Just wow!

#23 @suatelier a Quebec LP card. Hope you had fun in Montreal. I was there for a few days last month. Such a great city!

#25 @sleepyhippo1 cool Minnesota meetup card. So many signatures! Looks busy and hope you had fun!

#26 @sarahaeyo Boston harbor walk. Great design! And like you, I also love walking along the waterside.

Thanks everyone!!

Cards all sent

To receive: 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 20, 21, 24, 27, 28, 29, 30

6 Likes

#17 @hazygirl reporting that I received from:

#23 @suatelier A lovely Quebec card. I hope the engagement party went well. 5 hours is long but train rides have kind of a charming old-fashioned Marilyn Monroe kinda thing going on.

#26 @sarahaeyo A Fenway park card! I love it!! I think it’s great even though- ya know - it’s the Red Sox lol. I’m very interested in all the MLB stadiums - even theirs. ha ha Now all I need is a Yankee Stadium card and I can put them next to each other in my book, see who survives. lol

#28 @TwoDoggies ALICE COOPER!!! Excellent! Where did you even find a card like that? Love it! Thank you! Great stamps tto!!

#5 @SusanneA I love my tea lady card. I am so into that kind of tea party! Sad to say that we typically don’t keep the windows open at night around here even when it’s nice out.

#25 @sleepyhippo1 Beautiful sunset Iowa card. I have never been - we drove to SD this summer but Iowa was sort of on the way but out the way.

#1 @cawindt Love National Park cards! Thank you. I hope to get to all the National Parks and Utah has several, so that may be next year. I love your name stamp!!!

1 Like

#17 Hazygirl had another red banner mailbox day!!

#4 @jenhart SNOOPY!!! Yay my all time favorite! He is a dominant decoration in my classroom every year. I agree about the outgoing cards. It’s a good feeling to pick out certain ones for people, anticipate if they’ll like them and then make the trek to mail them.

#11 @alcott1 A Busch Stadium card. Excellent choice! I miss old Yankee Stadium too. The new stadium is definitely more modern and probably better in lots of ways, but they let the ghosts out when they tore down the old one and the “aura & mystique” hasn’t fully returned.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip or as I call you in my head - Brewster! Yes, Pearl Jam is certainly loud enough. Where did you ever find that?!?! Been on board with them since Ten came out. Their MTV Unplugged is still one of the best ones.

1 Like

#2 reporting

#4 @jenhart sent Snoopy, thank you Jen! Snoopy and Woodstock are my favorites. Oh, I’ve had days like the one you described, those are never fun, and having an outlet is a good thing. I hope that day never repeats for you.

#7 @mere5oh sent Mr. Forgetful, lol, I remember these guys, thank you Meredith! Haha, bad words in other languages are fun, even in sign language to which I know a few, hehe. Enjoy learning and you can cuss on my cards anytime.

#9 @akap25 sent a Norman Rockwell, thank you Arcelia! I like the countryside better than the city now, less traffic and there are no stop lights where I live, just stop signs. You should move to the country, I think you’d love living there. There’s peace, quiet and calming qualities about it.

#28 @TwoDoggies sent 24 crows on a card, how cool, thank you Terri! I like going to Renaissance Festivals as well, but I have to agree that there are way too many people and was also hot as frick! The one in Colorado was from mid July- early August, ugh!! Talk about roasting yourself a mile closer to the sun, holy hell. You can cuss on my cards if you wish, I have no problems with that, haha.

Thank you Ladies!

1 Like