[RR] North American September 2022 Round Robin - The Labouring Over Postcards Edition - Closed!

#17. Hazygirl

#22 @uconn sent a great card. Who knew CT could be so weird. It always seems so serious. Lol. Nice to know postcards can get from neighboring state to another so quickly. Way to go USPS. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

#19 received

#2 @CrimsonKing - thank you! I’ve taken a few photos of dogs from this angle and they all come out so fun! Nalu never looks at the camera or screen if she can help it, so getting a photo of her like this is near impossible, haha!

52312354247_88261b567b_w

#18 @LaurenceB - thank you! I recently saw the new Buzz Lightyear movie, too! I thought it was pretty good. Now I don’t have to question how this toy came about, haha! Lilo and Stitch is worth watching when you get a chance. I think I love it more because it’s based in Hawaii, but it’s cute.

1 Like

#19 also received

#4 @jenhart - thank you! Celebrate where you can! I never saw fireworks for the Fourth either, I did hear them in the area though. Niagara Falls sounds fun!

#5 @SusanneA - thank you! This is so fun. Oh my goodness, all those kitties! I dream of having as many as you one day. All mine were given to me as well. Three of them were found outside somewhere (various places, different times) and one was at a home with a “Free Cats” sign and they said the house was absolutely disgusting. I only have one, but miss the others dearly.

My first card for September already arrived yesterday!! I love it when the USPS works so efficiently. Thank you to #10 @emotis for the awesome cat card from France. That’s one thing I remember from living in France in the 90s is that the French were far more focused on cards, stationery, etc. than the US was, even at that time. Man, I remember as a kid there were several stationery stores here in Bay City. Now there are none.

SEPTEMBER 2022 NARR

Report 1 from: Rocky Road Trip #30

So starts September’s blanket of colorful leaves:

#17 @HazyGirl: sent a rare look at the Pigtail Bridges on Iron Mountain Road near Mount Rushmore. To me, these are more impressive structures than the presidential façade itself. The hairpin turns were the vision of then Senator Peter Norbeck, who at 63, personally scouted out the area on horseback for the most scenic approach to the monument - while also insisting the planned roadway blend in with the natural beauty. The result were these engineering wonders. Thanks!

#22 @Uconn: sent a unique Howard Johnson’s promo card. Downplaying the iconic orange rooftop, Simple Simon trademark, and A-frame motor lodge office, this is a hip ‘70s montage showing an adult businessman (and various member of his harem, right James!) enjoying the amenities of the then slowly dying chain. Very timely, as I am currently reading a history of the founder and his pioneering franchise. Also, FYI, we’re having a meetup in Beacon, NY on Oct 1 if you want to take that straight shot across I-84 – see the meetups forum for deets. Hope you can make it. Thanks!

These delicious September spiced jams can be found on my Flickr account.

Have I mailed any Sept. cards out? Of course not!

Rocky Road Trip #30

2 Likes

My postcards are written and I will mail them first thing tomorrow morning.

My cards were dropped in the box at the post office this afternoon.

18 reporting - All cards have been mailed!

#8 Shesa-Renegade reporting that all of my cards are written and will be dropped off at the post office in the morning on my way to work! :bouncing:

Postcards 11-30 mailed (all mailed).

#20 Triol

I received cards from:

#17 @Hazygirl
What a cute kitty on card! Thanks a lot, dear JoAnn!! this cat looks like my !!!:slight_smile:

#22 @uconn
James! Where is you find so rare cards like this one?:)) Fantastic card!!! This is really big gist! Thanks a lot!!!

1 Like

#4 @jenhart has my first September cards to report:

#2 @CrimsonKing : lovely sketched bicycle. Since I became sick I can no longer ride bikes, but I used to have a really lovely one sigh

#3 @Cruzin : a surreal illustration of an Orthodox church and woman with waterfall hair. Since it is still 90 degrees it still feels like summer here!

#5 @SusanneA : beautiful illustrated bike. Turkey Boy :laughing: He sounds like my cat - has to be everywhere you are!

#6 @mikeyz1 : map of Porto. Yep - I wish I had been there too in stead of my boring house

#17 @Hazygirl : view of lower Manhattan. We have so many new students at my school this year. When I ask them how they like it here in South Carolina they all say “It’s hot” :laughing:

#19 @ellistrations : lovely illustrated bike. I love those cruiser bikes in pretty colors. I love the seafoam green too!

#22 @uconn : Connecticut map. I thought everyone from New York was moving to the Carolinas - it seems like it anyway :laughing:

#25 @sleepyhippo1 : Greeting from Lake Okoboji. I love when you come across random restaurants in the middle of nowhere!

#26 @sarahaeyo : a cozy cabin & bike scene. I was just so happy to have a long weekend I did nothing but read and relax and watch college football.

Thank you, all!

5 Likes

Ugh! Where did all my info go? I will update this tomorrow.
Let’s try again
#17 @hazygirl received from

19 @ellistrations - I have never been to Hilton Head but it looks lovely and I want to see dolphins too!

#3 @Cruzin - I never been to Disneyland, but plenty of times to Disney World. I would love to live so close to go to dinner there so often! They have so many great restaurants. I love the Minnie & Mickey card, I don’t think I actually have one despite all the trips there!

7 @mere5oh - Leonid Afremov! Seriously! I actually yelped when I saw it in the mailbox. Thank you SOOOOO much. If any of your painting ever go missing, you may have to check my house! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:it! So excited!

#2 @CrimsonKing Thank you! My mailbox has been getting full of happy things, including the magnificent Midsummer Eve card. I’ve never seen any of those before. I love all the tiny ones with their little lights.
![F9FF187D-7E5B-4BF2-BEE1-7279F6E95F79|340x226]

(upload://nyj5VQPLuFObegJLthjM2IyTFVM.jpeg)

4 Likes

#28 reporting

Cards #1-6 were put in today’s mail

#2 reporting

#3 @Cruzin sent an art card, thank you Lori! No idea if it’s a GoT card or not, haha. Have you been watching “House of the Dragon” on HBO? I’m liking it so far. :smiley: Cool peacock sticker on the back too, love the paper scraps as well.

#5 @SusanneA sent a pin-up, thank you Susanne! Your town sounds like where I live: only stop signs, no lights, no grocery store here, but there is a Dollar General. At least three antique stores, two gas stations, three restaurants and I’m surrounded by corn fields. :corn: Yes, life has quieted down for me since moving to the country life, haha. You have chickens!! How neat. :smiley: Your daughters sound awesome. Oh pet all of your cats for me, hehe.

#6 @mikeyz1 sent an art card by William Glackens, thank you Mike! I love sleeping in, no matter the day, even on Christmas, haha. Don’t wake me up at 6am to open gifts, you’ll have a grumpy person on your hands. :grin: A quiet house is nice, but too quiet and I get sleepy, even the hum of a computer can make me tired, it’s white noise. :slight_smile:

#17 @Hazygirl sent doughnuts, thank you JoAnn! LOL! You should drive through Denver on I-70 at rush hour, you’d feel at home there too, haha. :grin: I haven’t been to Chicago, maybe one day. Glad you had a safe trip to SD and back.

#22 @uconn sent “Flying Woman” by Katherine Bradford, thank you James! That’s a cool trick to know, but I’m not brave enough to write on my screen and then use a dry erase marker to take it off, haha. :grin:

#26 @sarahaeyo sent a bird with stars, thank you Sarah! That is crazy that it’s an etching with all that detail. I’ll have to look into Kiki Smith’s artwork now, hehe. :blush:

3 Likes

#19 received

#3 @Cruzin - thank you! I used to collect feathers in our backyard. Mostly Blue Jays and Cardinals.

#26 @sarahaeyo - thank you! A ladder! Summer was so hot a humid. The leaves are slowly turning yellow. I hope that’s a sign that sweater weather is near. Work is cold, so I fight with myself whether to bring a jacket or not.

2 Likes

26 received: #3, 17, 22

3 @Cruzin - thank you so much for the beautiful artprint card for international women’s day - the image died a little bit thanks to usps’ sorting machines but i love it nonetheless (also love that the postcard raises money for an important cause)! summer just flew by and i cant wait for the foliage to start! :fallen_leaf::maple_leaf:

17 @Hazygirl - thank you for the wonderful alice card! the red sox always will be the exception lol; when i first moved here i didn’t understand the culture around them but now i do haha :baseball: i might have made a huge mistake with the card that i sent you though :see_no_evil:

22 @uconn - it’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s a hovering fried egg! :fried_egg: between this and the baked beans from the other thread, i am well on my way to collecting a full english breakfast~ thank you so much, james! i love this artstyle as well :two_hearts:

2 Likes

#3 @Cruzin nice birds you always remember to put My best comics thank you :blush:. Air Fryer you say no dont have one.

#4 @jenhart Ahhhhhhhh full of cartoons on Saturday if only things were the same those were the days. I see my pal Forgorn Leghorn and Top Cat among others. Big hug for this card Jen. :hugs:

#2 @CrimsonKing Thank you for the Teenage Turtles. I used to like Raphael :+1:.

#17 @Hazygirl a nice sunset thank you.

#19 @ellistrations a Dallas illustration well going to the beach and moving slow.

#22 @uconn nice warbler bird. Thank you.

#25 @sleepyhippo1 nice meetup card the man looks like a viking.

#26 @sarahaeyo a boat roped display. Thank you.

Thank you :blush: everyone.

5 Likes

ALL cards were sent out .

#28 reporting:

#'s 7-26 & 29 sent today.

#27 & #30 will be sent tomorrow after the ink dries.