[RR] North American September 2022 Round Robin - The Labouring Over Postcards Edition - Closed!

#24 reporting again.

#9 @akap25 sent a wonderful Lantern Press card for Winchester Mystery House. I’ve always wanted to visit that!

#14 @dnrhott sent a pretty view of Hamburg City Hall

#16 @jacieslar sent a New Mexico card by Lou Paper. I just love this series.

#27 @beatriceh reporting

Received #20 @Triol Thank you for the birthday wishes!

#24 @roxy Great old radio. It made me think of my new printer. It came with an installation cd. I haven’t had a laptop with a cd slot for at least 7 years!

#7 @mere5oh – Bats in flight at Carlsbad Caverns. I was there with my parents many years ago. I was young then and did the hike. No way I could do that now! Thank you for the beautiful postcard.

1 Like

#8 Shesa-Renegade received a fun radio card today from #24 @roxy! So interesting that you used to be a radio DJ. I bet that was a lot of fun, and a lot of hard work, too!

To Receive 28

#20 @Triol An aerial card showing a view of a river and the start of leaves turning for Fall from Nova Scotia. Thank you!

#16 @jacieslar

#10 @emotis. I love the multiview card of Franconia Notch State Park. Thank you! It looks like a beautiful place any season of the year.

A big thank you for all the great cards I received this month!

24 @roxy great 1955 Zenith radios - I remember my grandmother’s both had these wonderful am radios!
Great memories!

Thank you so much. I have received all of my cards!

#4 has received:

#16 @jacieslar : Marblehead Lighthouse. A cottage on a lake sounds like heaven

#20 @Triol : gorgeous Nova Scotia view. This is a bucket-list vacation spot for me. Hopefully soon!

#21 @Beachyblonde : funny review card of Yosemite. What in the world were they expecting? :laughing:

#24 @roxy : 1936 radios. I have a modern radio that is styled to look like one of these!

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

#3 Received

#9 @akap25 Great LP Day of the Dead San Jose! I go to the airport every now and then, that’s about it for my drive to San Jose!

#15 @ad7yn I read the Griffin and Sabine books awhile ago - and enjoyed them all!! I read of of Nick Bantocks other books too but nothing sticks out to me as much as G&S! Neil Gaiman - I’ve only read his comics - though I do have a piece of art he did in collaboration with the artist Olivia - signed by both of them!

Thank you both for the great cards!

#24 @roxy thank you for this 1940’s old fashion radio. Thank you.

18 reporting

8 @Shesa-Renegade Thank you SOOO much for the wonderful Nessie card straight from Scotland!!! I am so happy that you decided to send it to me :smiley: It’s funny, I have received more Nessie cards in the last two weeks than in the last year!!! It’s so fun to see all the variety out there and all the different ways the little guy is portrayed. Scotland is definitely on my list too!

13 @ladybug513 THANK YOU Susan for the wonderful linen hotel card!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It is perfect!! I just love the caption: Go direct to Baths in Robe and Slippers… Incredible!!! Today we went apple picking, another fun Fall family activity :slight_smile:

2 Likes

From #27 @BeatriceH: a reminder that one creature knew the value of social distancing way before the pandemic!

I read this great line in The Atlantic last week after learning the US is still losing about 2,000 people to Covid each month: 'Things have undoubtedly improved since the peak of the crisis, but calling the pandemic “over” is like calling a fight “finished” because your opponent is punching you in the ribs instead of the face." Thanks for this timely reminder!

That completes me for the month. All Sept cards rcd. Thanks!

2 Likes

#24 reporting

Thank you to:

#20 @Triol for the autumnal Lou Paper card!

#21 @for the awesome Queen Elizabeth card - so unique!

#27 @beatriceh for the fabulous postcard of the Churchill Graves!

#29 @melvnoble for the cute illustrated Greetings from Pittsburgh card!

Love them all! Thanks!!

1 Like

Updated!

#2 reporting

#27 @beatriceh sent an awesome crow, thank you Charisse! Ooohh, Happy Birthday to you and what a present you got yourself, 500 new postcards! YAY! :partying_face: :tada: I’m sure you’ll find good homes for your new postcards, hehe.

1 Like

#20 Triol

Oh, dear friends! I was absolutely sure that I had reported on the postcards that had arrived, but today I discovered such a big oversight on my part! I’m sorry and I’m in a hurry to show what a beautiful and nice postcards came to me! Thank you very much to everyone! They are all of my favorites and wish list!

#1 @cawindt

#2 @CrimsonKing

#3 @Cruzin

#4 @jenhart

#5 @SusanneA

#6 @mikeyz1

#7 @mere5oh

#8 @Shesa-Renegade

#9 @akap25

#10 @emotis

#11 @alcott1

#12 @Yarn-Lady

#13 @ladybug513

#14 @dnrhott

#15 @ad7yn

#16 @jacieslar

#18 @LaurenceB

#19 @ellistrations

#21 @Beachyblonde

#23 @suatelier

#24 @roxy

#25 @sleepyhippo1

#26 @sarahaeyo

#27 @beatriceh

#28 @TwoDoggies

#29 @melvnoble

#30 @RockyRoadTrip

7 Likes

#13 with my last two postcards to report from:

#11 @alcott1 - Snow Geese! I really enjoy watching all types of birds. Geese flying in formation; shore birds when a the beach; mourning doves and cardinals tucked into our dogwood tree; and all the local birds at our feeders and birdbath. I find it relaxing. So, thank you! And, aren’t postcard shows fun?!

#24 @roxy - Colorful Silvertone Radios! I can certainly remember portable radios, but do not remember ever seeing any like these. Love the colors! Thank you!

1 Like

#29 @melvnoble Greetings from Youngstown, OH. Thank you!

#25 reporting
Received from #21 @Beachyblonde a Yellowstone card. Thank you, love it

18 reporting!

29 @melvnoble Thank you sooo much Mel for this beautiful art card!! What an amazing artist! It’s wonderful to get a little glimpse of your city through this card :slight_smile: