[RR] North American October Round Robin - The Apple Cider Edition - Closed

#22 uconn

#7 @alcott1 cool Halloween card, thanks.
Funny I count 4 cancelations and it must have took the stamps off

#23 @suatelier fun Halloween card, thanks!

#13 – I am back from our road trip to Charleston SC and Ellijay GA! I’ve received wonderful postcards from:

#2 @CrimsonKing – Two of my favorite things! Pumpkins and books! Love the stickers and washi tape. Thank you very much! We returned home to find our sugar maple in the front yard starting to turn. It is one of my favorite trees in the Fall. All yellow and orange and bright in the sunlight. Love this time of year.

#3 @cruzin – This card is so very funny and a great addition to the sewing machine collection! Thank you so much. Great sewing machine sticker and Fall washi, too! I hope Hubby’s recovery is swift. Turkeys are mean! They once surrounded my niece’s car and wouldn’t move to let her in. She was stuck for quite a while and was late getting home.

#4 @jenhart – Ooh, thank you for the spooky Halloween card and the ghostly riddle! Two of our granddaughters are very much into telling jokes and I will definitely be sharing this one with them. They, in turn, will tell everyone they know at school. It will be spooktacular!

#5 @carolreader – Thank you so much for the World Postcard Day Meetup card you sent! How perfect to attend a meetup on WPD! And, it looks like you met up with a few postcrossers from our NA RR group! How great is that!

#6 @mikeyz1 – Thank you for this awesome Halloween card which looks a lot like the area we stayed in the past few days while in Georgia. I love these little ghosts! I am very familiar with Paw Patrol from the twins down to Josie. They are/were all obsessed at some point. Juliette was Skye a couple of years ago. Now at age 7, it’s all about Harry Potter!

#18 @LaurenceB – Thank you very much for the cute pumpkins and polar bear! It’s that time of year here when pumpkins rule! We again had a rogue vine growing in the back of our yard, but it wasn’t a pumpkin. We think it was a type of squash – maybe? I hope your little one is doing well. Overnight in the hospital is never fun. This polar bear is so very sweet! Josie will love it!

TO BE CONTINUED…

2 Likes

#24 reporting

Thanks to:

#10 @emotis for the great WPD meetup card! I spy a few names I know on there.

#17 @sarapdx sent a beautiful Elvis card. Loved hearing about your first postcard.

#18 @laurenceb sent an awesome camper van card! We were driving to the East Coast on Thanksgiving so no turkey dinner this year.

#30 @rockyroadtrip sent a fantastic Degrassi postcard! I’m sure you can find those Halloween episodes you missed on Pluto or Tubi. Great card, thank you!!

#25 reporting
All cards sent
Received:1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10,12,13,14,15,16,17,19,22,24,26,29,30
#1 @cawindt Thank you for the World Postcard day card. I’ve always wanted to go to Niagara Falls but have never been that far North.

#2 @CrimsonKing Thank you for the Halloween card. My 11 year old is going as an anime character and my 6 year old is going as Chewbaca.

#3 @Cruzin Thank for this amazingly beautiful card. I love it! 152 books? I thought I was doing good with 54 for the year, I’m going to have to step that up.

#4 @jenhart Thank you for the turtle card, loggerheads are my favorite! We are planning to settle in Virginia, once my husband is out of the Army, for the same reason. 2 hours one way and you are at the ocean, 2 hours the other and you are in the mountains. I hope you had a great trip.

#5 @carolreader Thank you for the cool card! My son loved it. We lived on Oahu for 3 years and it was so beautiful, I would go back in a heartbeat.

#7 @alcott1 Thank you for the cute Halloween card. Halloween has never been a favorite of mine but I have learned to embrace it for my family. The spookier the better in their opinions.

#8 @Shesa-Renegade I love that you took this photo! Thank you for sharing it with me and how neat that they have notebooks in them.

#9 @WrenAtTheBeach My son did love it!! Thank you. How neat to live in such a tiny village.

#10 @emotis I love this card! Thank you so much. We have had beautifully chilly days for the past week, but its going to be 92 today. :frowning: The Dogtags stamp was amazing, I’ve never seen one like it.

#12 @Yarn-Lady Thank you for the World postcard card! I hope you are well.

#13 @ladybug513 Thank you for the Halloween card! We loved your little rhyme and stickers.

#14 @Hazygirl Love this witch card, thank you! We have a Trunk or treat for my husbands unit and the VFW leading up to Halloween and then Halloween night I will hand out candy dressed as a woodland fairy. We always get a lot of trick or treaters living on post.

#15 @AccentOnHakes thank you for the world postcard day card. So many neat stamps on the back.

#16 @jacieslar Love this spooky Halloween card. Thank you! I love that you get to spend Halloween with your grand kids. We don’t live near family so it’s usually just us for Holidays. The Halloween stamp is neat.

#17 @sarapdx thank you for the recipe card. I can’t wait to try it. I would love to see the vintage kitchen.

#19 @ellistrations Thank you for the sea turtle! Only animal I can think that I wouldn’t want to pet is a Kangaroo… I’ve seen too many crazy videos about kangaroos.

#22 @uconn I didn’t know that Hallmark had Halloween postcards either. Thank you for sharing one with me. I hope you have a great time with your nieces.

#24 @roxy Love this wickedly spooky card. Thank you and all of the different stamps are so neat.

#26 @sarahaeyo Thank you for the World Postcard day card. I registered to send some postcards on World Postcard day but since I’m just starting post crossing I wasn’t very prepared. I love that you were able to have a meetup.

#29 @melvnoble Thank you for the Ohio WPD card. There really are some neat stamps out there.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip Thank you for this interesting Halloween card. Things have definitely changed over the years. We do still get a lot of trick or treaters and I love it. So many different costumes and families that dress together.

7 Likes

#9 Reporting many wonderful cards today!

#5 @carolreader Thank you for the Dayton, Ohio WPD meet up card.

#11 @RuhRohRaggy Thank you for the loo paper stars and stripes card. Autumn is my favorite season too. Bring on the pumpkin face!

#23 @suatelier Thank You for the witchy Halloween card I am not doing anything this year. Sadly, we don’t have many trick-or-treat age kids in our neighborhood anymore. I miss seeing all the little kids dress up for Halloween. Have a wonderful time in Quebec city!

#24 @roxy Thank you for the Spooktacular Halloween card!

#25 @Amalan Thank you for the adorable kitten Halloween card and thank you for the well wishes. Where will you be moving to?

#26 @sarahaeyo Thank you for the cute raccoon fall card. No plans as of yet. I’m still recovering from my accident so I’m limited on my activities. We have had a few cooler evenings, but we’re still in the high 70s during the day. Your formal work event sounds like it was a lot of fun.

#28 @TwoDoggies Thank you for the castle card. I’m enjoying being able to write again. I never realized how much I missed writing by hand until I couldn’t LOL.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip Thank you for the spooky Halloween card. They’re kind of terrifying… And I’m here for it LOL. You’re making me very homesick for the Northeast with your description of the fall leaves.

Received cards to date: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 28, 30
Looking forward to: 10, 18, 20, 21, 27, 29

1 Like

November is open: [RR] North American November Round Robin - The Tofurkey Edition

2 Likes

#28 reporting cards received:

#2 @CrimsonKing sent a sugar skull card. Yes, Autumn has definitely arrived!

#3 @cruzin sends a greeting from Hell, Wish you Were Here. Soon enough!

#4 @JenHart sends a GF from St. Paul. I agree with you on this card. It couldn’t be more colorless. LOL.

#5 @carolreader Sends a Wish you were here…(the astronomy park at Hocking Hills S.P.). Cool card. Thanks.

#10 @emotis You did a nice job on designing this card. The only reason I put that on my profile (which I now removed) was because literally the only cards I got from postcrossers in China were meetup cards with stamps and signatures and it just got tiresome. But, to be fair, everyone likes to send them occasionally, including me so I just need to get over it (and I have!).

#18 @LaurenceB sent a Wish You Were Here card from Mono Lake, Calif. I love the “matching” stamp.

#29 @melvnoble vintage plane from Dayton’s AF Museum. I remember going to air shows with my father and grandfather as a kid.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip GF Neptune. Hey, no apologies for sending a card from the same series. I like them!!! I’m getting my COVID/flu shot on 10/30.

3 Likes

#6 reporting. . . all of mine are finally in the mail today. Sorry for being tardy. We moved and it knocked me out.

#4 @jenhart sent a fun scary witch card!

#5 @carolreader sent a great WPD meet up card

#12 @Yarn-Lady sent a fun WPD card

#17 @sarapdx sent a fun card of striking libraries. Awesome that you feed kids in schools now!!!

#19 @ellistrations sent delicious blueberries. They are our family’s favorite fruit!

#21 @Beachyblonde sent a great card about book burning! Timely!

#23 @suatelier sent an awesome Earth Day loupaper card!!

#26 @sarahaeyo sent an awesome Monet card!!!

#28 @TwoDoggies sent an awesome Ireland constitution card!

#29 @melvnoble sent a great Wright Brothers card

Thank you all! Sorry for the late postings!!!

2 Likes

#19 received

#3 @Cruzin - thank you! What a happy image to receive on this gloomy day, perfect timing!

#18 @LaurenceB - thank you! Married life feels like just another day so far, haha! We need to get me on the lease and move everything else in before it really kicks in. I’m still getting used to saying “husband” but it feels good to say! No honeymoon yet, but we have an idea to plan it out. Birthday celebration was just another day, kind of overshadowed by the wedding since it was only 3 days after. Congrats on 7 years! Love your updates!

1 Like

#14 hazygirl reporting

#20 @triol sent a gorgeous zodiac card. :heart:
#21 @Beachyblonde sent WPD. I haven seen this one before. Great card!
#25 @Amalan sent a very tropical
drink filled Aruba card. Wish I was there!

#4 @jenhart – Great pumpkins and cute spider joke!

#5 @carolreader – Dayton Meetup – I recognize a few NARR names on the back!

#10 @emotis – I’m glad I live in a world where there are autumns, too, Anne.

#24 @roxy – Really spooky–opening the door on a whole new world.

#25 @Amalan – This looks like a friendly ghost.

#28 @TwoDoggies – Beautiful tourist spot in Norway.

#29 @melvnoble – Locust Grove School near Springfield, Ohio–lovely print.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip – Pumpkins in a graveyard. I love this set of Halloween postcards.

Thank you all for the great postcards.
I always enjoy looking at the postcards sent in the NARR, but this month was especially fun.

#16 @jacieslar So many great cards and stamps this month. Thank you!

#1 @cawindt Great Niagara Falls International Meet-up/World Postcard Day card. What a fun time that must have been!

#2 @CrimsonKing I love this Halloween card! I’ll be sharing with my granddaughter because she loves wolves. Nice washi and stickers too. We don’t usually get trick or treaters but the grandkids always stop by.

#8 @Shesa-Renegade I really like that you designed your own WPD card using a photo you took. How fun to read the entries in those notebooks!

#9 @WrenAtTheBeach What a cute card! I love rats and always had them as pets in the classroom. So this was the perfect card for me.

#11 @RuhRohRaggy Your card made me smile! I have been to all of the major Hawaiian islands except Maui. Enjoy your trip - Kauai is my favorite!

#15 @AccentOnHakes What a great way to celebrate World Postcard Day - with a Meetup! I really like this years card.

#22 @uconn I really like getting Lou Paper cards, so I was very happy to find this one in my mailbox! My granddaughter has a Wicked Weiner costume . I would never have guessed she would dress up as a hot dog!!

#23 @suatelier This is the perfect postcard for postcrossing. I love it! Makes me want to get my nails done for Halloween.

#28 @TwoDoggies The National Postal Museum would be the perfect place to celebrate WPD and have a Meet-up. I’m like you and would have preferred to spend more time socializing!

3 Likes

Updated!

1 Like

18 reporting!

2 @CrimsonKing Thank you for the pretty owl & pumpkin card! Someone got very angry with a black sharpie on the stamps :frowning: I will definitely be taking the kids out! Rio will be a firefighter, and Donna a little pig :slight_smile: Very cute vinyl sticker!!

4 @jenhart Thank you so much for the Day of the Dead card! This is one of my favorite artists on Redbubble! Funny Halloween joke haha :slight_smile:

7 @alcott1 Thank you very much for the Halloween card! I love how it looks like a recent card, but the glitter on it is a lot like the vintage cards!

11 @RuhRohRaggy Thank you very much for a great ADG travel poster! This weekend is just rain non-stop here! I don’t mind as it means I can go full-on hygge and work on cards and chores haha!

18 @sarapdx Thank you so much for a gorgeous map of Portland! I have never visited but I would love too! LOVE all the Fall decorations! And thank you so much for the book recommendation, I am very tempted to check it out! The summary makes me think of 14,000 things to be happy about. The last book that I read and loved was Microserfs by Douglas Coupland. Hope to see you again in the mailbox soon!

1 Like

18 continued…

23 @suatelier Thank you so much for the great ArtfulGeet card!! I really love her work! So fun that you’ll be in Quebec city! I have no clue how festive it gets… ! Have fun!

26 @sarahaeyo Thank you so very much for the great LP geometric card! We will be trick or treating for sure :smiley: My office also has a costume contest, still thinking about something that would be uniquely cool!

28 @TwoDoggies AHHHHH thank youuuuuuu so very much for such a great wooden postcard from your trip! I LOVE it!! Awesome travel poster, it was alll intact :smiley: :heartbeat:

1 Like

#22 uconn

#20 @Triol
Thanks for this creepy skull/egg card. Yikes! Lol

#21 @Beachyblonde I’ll go trick or treating with my nieces. Thanks for this spooky comic cover

#27 @beatriceh thanks for the birthday wishes, it was a great day

1 Like

#15 so many to repot!

@Cruzin #3 Thanks for the great travel postcard card. Yes, cards that smear are so sad!
@jenhart #4 Cute ghost joke and great Day of the Dead card!
@carolreader #5 You guys had a great meetup in Dayton! I see some names I recognize but haven’t seen in a while. Sad I couldn’t make it, but looks like a lovely time was had.
@LaurenceB #18 This bird card is cute! And the washi tape is adorable, too!
@Beachyblonde #21 Thanks for the Frankenstein card. Hope your family has a good time trick or treating!
@suatelier #23 I love this witchy card! I bet the baked goods are tasty!
@Amalan #25 Thanks for the great Texas longhorn card. They are so cool!
@beatriceh #27 Cute Halloween card! I won’t be taking trick or treaters this year. Maybe next year!
@TwoDoggies #28 Meetup from DC! I love meetups, but they certainly can get a little overwhelming. I hope if you try one again you have a better time. But, it’s also okay if you don’t like them.

3 Likes

#19 received

#20 @Triol - thank you! Autumn has been great so far!

#24 @roxy - thank you! I wasn’t able to write as may cards as I had wanted, but I got to write some!

#17 @sarapdx reporting received today:

#21 @Beachyblonde sent a sweet vintage Halloween card. No heat here yet, but today is a really grey and murky day- it feels very autumnal!

#23 @suatelier also sent a Halloween card- very cute! I’m always fascinated by how other cultures celebrate holidays. Have fun in Quebec City!

#25 @Amalan sent a cute Halloween card! Thank you for the birthday wishes! Cajun potato soup sounds delicious! I’ll have to look up the recipe.

1 Like

#5 reporting:

#2 @crimsonking – A pretty, “atmospheric” Halloween card. These look like Halloween ornaments, hanging on an appropriately bare tree. Nice! Thank you.

#21 @beachyblonde – Great card for World Postcard Day. I got quite a few WPD cards this year, but a lot of different designs. I like these - thanks!

#23 @suatelier – Another nice, original World Postcard Day card. I have quite a collection! Thanks! Yes, the Niagara Falls meetup sounded nice. Maybe you can make it next year.

1 Like