[RR] North American October Round Robin - The Apple Cider Edition - Closed

Big thanks to:
#1 @cawindt Great WPD card with so many signatures! Hope you had fun!
#4 @jenhart cute Dia De Los Muertos skeletons.
#5 @carolreader Our meetup card!! Great stamps! (Not postmarked) and I would love to know this card’s travel route. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
#17 @sarapdx Cool ADG Portland card, and I love all your autumn washi and stickers
#28 @TwoDoggies Love this WPD design! And I am so excited to go visit our grandson in a few weeks.
#29 @melvnoble The beautiful Carillon Tower which I pass daily on my way home from work. And a namestamp!! You’re all set for our next meetup!!

Thanks again everyone!!!

To Receive: 6, 7, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 30

3 Likes

#1 @cawindt Thanks for the meetup card. And don’t worry, people address my mail to Beatrice all the time. It gets to me :smile:

#2 @crimsonking Can’t go wrong with a black cat and a witch. Love your washi tape! No one comes to my apartment either. I miss handing out candy :slightly_frowning_face:

#4 @jenhart Thanks for the Halloween joke. I never know the answers, but love these kind of simple jokes that my brain should definitely be able to figure out.

#5 @carolreader I love this card. Strange symbols indeed, but I like strange.

#7 @alcott1 I love Halloween too!

#8 @shesa-renegade thank you for the world postcard day card. I love the idea of leaving messages for others.

#9 @wrenatthebeach What a joy this card is! Halloween, a bookstore, and a cat. I love it! Thanks so much for this. Best of luck with your PT.

#10 @emotis I, too, am jealous you were able to meet Mel and Carol. One day we should do some kind of cross-country NARR meetup or maybe 2 or 3 groups and we can all trade cards :smile:. Thanks for the WPD meetup card!

#11 @ruhrohraggy Thanks for the lovely vegetable card. I never thought about a coffee flight before, but I’m sure that’s delicious.

#12 @yarn-lady Thanks for the WPD card!

#13 @ladybug513 Love the spooky Halloween card and the fun poem. Thanks!

#15 @accentonhakes Thanks for the meet-up WPD card. It’s nice to see so many people were able to get together this year!

#16 @jacieslar What a nice and colorful Halloween cookie card! Last year I made a haunted house cake using a red velvet cake recipe. These things rarely look like pictures, but it’s the memories that matter :smile:.

#17 @sarapdx oh man, I still have one of those old school sifters. I grew up using one in my grandmother’s kitchen. Lovely card. Thank you!

#26 @sarahaeyo I love this card. It’s part haunted kitchen/ part ruler of the kitchen. I will not be dressing up. I’ll be out of the country until the 30th and I have to go to work on Nov. 1 so I’m sure I’ll be sleeping on Oct. 31.

#30 @rockyroadtrip Love this creepy pumpkin. I’ve never carved one myself so I’m not familiar with the stencils, but I like this one.

I tried to drop the remainder of my cards in the mail yesterday but the mailbox wouldn’t open (like it was locked, has this ever happened to anyone!?) So I will try again on Tuesday when I will next be at a box. Apologies for the delay. I will be out of town for all but three days of the rest of October so please don’t let my reporting hold anyone up. I hope to “see” you all in December.

7 Likes

A new one in town doesn’t open at all, there is only a slot to drop mail in for security, which is where the door normally opened to access the chute. Never seen one locked though

1 Like

I’ve used this one before. It’s on my job site. I pulled and pulled at the little door and it just wouldn’t open. I may need to load up on my Wheaties, but it seemed to me it was locked.

1 Like

#24 reporting

I was away last week and came home to a mailbox full of wonderful cards!

#1 @cawindt sent a card from the WPD meetup in Niagara Falls - what a great turnout!

#2 @CrimsonKing sent a fantastic cemetery card with a skeleton couple - this is a beautiful card!

#5 @carolreader sent a card featuring Gertrude Penfield Seiberling by artist Madeline Milford - what jaunty hats she wears!

#7 @alcott1 sent a lovely card showcasing the White Mountain Hotel and Resort in North Conway, NH. Such beautiful fall colours!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade sent a great WPD card of some mailboxes on Wrightville Beach, NC. Great photo and the idea of the notebooks full of messages is so fun!

#9 @WrenAtTheBeach sent a magnificent b/w card of the Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgia. I was there a few years ago - it is such a beautiful cemetery!

#13 @ladybug513 sent a wonderful card of a witch by Salem Photography Studios. This card is a gem!

#14 @Hazygirl sent the WPD Postal Hug card. So far I have only received this one but I hope to get some other countries! Such a cute design.

#15 @AccentOnHakes sent the official WPD card from another meetup. I don’t see any names I recognize.

#19 @ellistrations sent a beautiful North Carolina covered bridge!

#22 @uconn has found a new Elvis for my collection - woohoo!!

#24 @suatelier sent a Dolly Dingle postcard - so very cute! Enjoy Quebec City - we were there for a day last week and it poured rain but it was still fun to wander through Old Quebec (spoiler alert - there were no postcards at Cows. :frowning: )

#27 @beatriceh sent “The Witches Sabbath” a beautiful illustration by Arthur Rockburn

Thank you everyone!

7 Likes

#20 Triol
My cards was send today morning!

1 Like

#21 BeachyBlonde

The rest of my cards are going out today!

I was on vacation and my mail hold ends today. I forget if that means my mail will be delivered today or tomorrow.

Either way I will update my received cards when I get them!

#29 - A few more of my received cards (taking my big stack a little at a time :laughing:)

#12 @Yarn-Lady - Thank you Cynthia for this World Postcard Day postcard! I really loved the design for this year! I’ve seen some of the specific meetup cards (like the Dayton one I went to!) and they are just so neat!

#13 @ladybug513 - Thank you Susan for this vintage Hallowe’en postcard! I love the moon and the witches circling a smiling pumpkin. Everyone looks so joyful, except maybe the bat! :joy:

#14 @Hazygirl - Thank you JoAnn for this postcard wishing “Happy Fall!” The poor raccoon is losing his umbrella in the wind, but hey that’s autumn! Love the little bunny on the stump!

#17 @sarapdx - Thank you Sara for this pug that at the right angle has a TOOTHY GRIN! :rofl: My scan got a little funky and it chose the toothy version, but the regular image of the pug is so adorable I want to squeeze that face!

#22 @uconn - Thank you James for this postcard from Eternia! and I can’t explain why but I kept reading it as Georgia! :laughing: I am not familiar with He-Man & Masters of the Universe, but I loved hearing your description of the nostalgia connected to it!

#24 @roxy - Thank you Brenda for this postcard of a WPD Postal Hug! The imagery is so sweet! I love this time of year and the creepy decorations! I lean more creepy cute though. I love driving around looking for Halloween decorations like people do at Christmastime!

2 Likes

#3 received

#2 @CrimsonKing love this card! I didn’t see it on post stone last time I ordered otherwise I would have gotten some - glad you sent it to me! Perfect for my DoD challenge!

#4 @jenhart Lol at the joke and very cute card! Love my Day of the Dead!

#5 @carolreader what a great meetup!! It’s great to put faces to people!! Also somehow a post it note managed to make it through the postal system!

#28 Great fall card!! I always buy what we eat… this year it’s Pringles and organic popcorn. Plus I have a box of full size bars for the older kids.

Thank you all for the great cards!!!

3 Likes

@Hazygirl , #11 was not Sherri_B this month. Did you tag the wrong name or is the card from a different group?

OOps it was September. I will post it there.

Second update has been completed!

I really love the card as well! You’ll need to ask @shelopolis who printed them. As I told her at the meetup, I love how fountain pen-friendly they were!

1 Like

#14 hazygirl reporting

#18 @LaurenceB sent an amazingly awesome Kurt Cobain card. Wowsa it’s cool

#29 @melvnoble sent the Wright Brothers shop. I didn’t know there was such a place. Pretty cool.

1 Like

#19 received

#28 @TwoDoggies - thank you! Our wedding day went so smoothly and even the weather was perfect! Two weeks in and we are trying to cover all the important documents… Social Security for the name change is proving to be frustrating.

18 reporting

9 @WrenAtTheBeach Thank you so much for sharing a little bit of your town with me! Love the boats. It was the only card in my mailbox today, and my 2 y.o. daughter insisted on carrying it all the way home :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

#5 reporting:

#3 @cruzin – Great “owl” World Postcard Day! Thank you! So, your typical day is postcards, popcorn, and pets!

#4 @jenhart – What a cool old vintage photograph! The perfect Halloween postcard – thanks!

#9 @wrenatthebeach – A pretty, old fashioned, “spooky” collage – the crow is a perfect touch! Thank you. I hope your arm heals soon.

#10 @emotis – A souvenir of our great meetup on World Postcard Day! My card took even longer than yours – makes sense, since both were mailed from Dayton. I think I “win” for slowest mail delivery in Ohio! Thanks for getting this to me!

#12 @Yarn-Lady - World Postcard Day! Thanks! It was fun. Yes, I too have met a lot of great people through Postcrossing.

#13 @ladybug513 – Great scarecrow, moody clouds – nice postcard! Thank you! Hope the road trip was good. I just got back from a hiking trip to Bradford, PA, but that was only a three-hour drive.

#14 @hazygirl – I really like the Halloween-themed cards I’ve been getting here. Yours is great - dark and moody. Thank you!

#17 @sarapdx – A super-colorful Haeckel card. Who knew that his drawings made such great postcards! I love the colors - thanks!

#19 @ellistrations – Perfect card for National Pizza Month. I’ve never had one like this either. It looks like a real pie! Thanks for hitting the theme perfectly!

#24 @roxy – I love this “haunted child/demon” picture! And the amazing devil stamp you used on the back - “witched canoe”. I looked this up to find it’s a French-Canadian tale/legend of lumberjacks who made a deal with the devil. Wow – really cool. Thank you!

6 Likes

@LaurenceB
I used VistaPrint… :canada:
I love their “recycled” paper, it was a bit extra for the rounded corners, but when the image is the same on thousands of cards, I thought a little different would be a nice touch! :love_letter:

#14 hazygirl reporting

#10 @emotis sent cool Salem Maritime card. When I first glanced at your card, I thought it said you got a new faster pussycat which is a band that I love. Then I looked closer and realized what it said. Congratulations and I hope you don’t have to go totally barefoot!

#11 @RuhRohRaggy sent Leonid Afremov!! Love love love his work too. It so awesome to get one! Thank you!!!

2 Likes

#17 @sarapdx reporting another set of received cards:

#5 @carolreader sent this adorable basset hound on a bookshelf. I love this postcard, I’ve never seen it before. It’s adorable!! :heart:

#6 @mikeyz1 sent a cute Halloween cat card. I bet your daughter will be adorable no matter what she decides to be. I miss those younger ages.

#28 @TwoDoggies sent a cool world postcard day postcard. I just went to my first Postcrossing meet up on Saturday and had a lot of fun- although there were a lot of people. It’s hard to socialize when there are so many.

#29 @melvnoble sent a meetup card from Dayton Ohio. It seems like there were a lot of people at the meetup! Wow!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip sent a cool pumpkin/ creepy house card. Something about this card reminds me of the artist Paul Klee?! It’s been off and on raining in Portland, but luckily we have a stretch of sunny days ahead. I love the fall color- the tree outside our house is bright yellow.

Thanks again everyone! So glad I was able to sign up for this round-robin. :blush:

1 Like