[RR] North American October Round Robin - The Apple Cider Edition - Closed

#14 hazygirl reporting

#20 @triol sent a gorgeous zodiac card. :heart:
#21 @Beachyblonde sent WPD. I haven seen this one before. Great card!
#25 @Amalan sent a very tropical
drink filled Aruba card. Wish I was there!

#4 @jenhart – Great pumpkins and cute spider joke!

#5 @carolreader – Dayton Meetup – I recognize a few NARR names on the back!

#10 @emotis – I’m glad I live in a world where there are autumns, too, Anne.

#24 @roxy – Really spooky–opening the door on a whole new world.

#25 @Amalan – This looks like a friendly ghost.

#28 @TwoDoggies – Beautiful tourist spot in Norway.

#29 @melvnoble – Locust Grove School near Springfield, Ohio–lovely print.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip – Pumpkins in a graveyard. I love this set of Halloween postcards.

Thank you all for the great postcards.
I always enjoy looking at the postcards sent in the NARR, but this month was especially fun.

#16 @jacieslar So many great cards and stamps this month. Thank you!

#1 @cawindt Great Niagara Falls International Meet-up/World Postcard Day card. What a fun time that must have been!

#2 @CrimsonKing I love this Halloween card! I’ll be sharing with my granddaughter because she loves wolves. Nice washi and stickers too. We don’t usually get trick or treaters but the grandkids always stop by.

#8 @Shesa-Renegade I really like that you designed your own WPD card using a photo you took. How fun to read the entries in those notebooks!

#9 @WrenAtTheBeach What a cute card! I love rats and always had them as pets in the classroom. So this was the perfect card for me.

#11 @RuhRohRaggy Your card made me smile! I have been to all of the major Hawaiian islands except Maui. Enjoy your trip - Kauai is my favorite!

#15 @AccentOnHakes What a great way to celebrate World Postcard Day - with a Meetup! I really like this years card.

#22 @uconn I really like getting Lou Paper cards, so I was very happy to find this one in my mailbox! My granddaughter has a Wicked Weiner costume . I would never have guessed she would dress up as a hot dog!!

#23 @suatelier This is the perfect postcard for postcrossing. I love it! Makes me want to get my nails done for Halloween.

#28 @TwoDoggies The National Postal Museum would be the perfect place to celebrate WPD and have a Meet-up. I’m like you and would have preferred to spend more time socializing!

3 Likes

Updated!

1 Like

18 reporting!

2 @CrimsonKing Thank you for the pretty owl & pumpkin card! Someone got very angry with a black sharpie on the stamps :frowning: I will definitely be taking the kids out! Rio will be a firefighter, and Donna a little pig :slight_smile: Very cute vinyl sticker!!

4 @jenhart Thank you so much for the Day of the Dead card! This is one of my favorite artists on Redbubble! Funny Halloween joke haha :slight_smile:

7 @alcott1 Thank you very much for the Halloween card! I love how it looks like a recent card, but the glitter on it is a lot like the vintage cards!

11 @RuhRohRaggy Thank you very much for a great ADG travel poster! This weekend is just rain non-stop here! I don’t mind as it means I can go full-on hygge and work on cards and chores haha!

18 @sarapdx Thank you so much for a gorgeous map of Portland! I have never visited but I would love too! LOVE all the Fall decorations! And thank you so much for the book recommendation, I am very tempted to check it out! The summary makes me think of 14,000 things to be happy about. The last book that I read and loved was Microserfs by Douglas Coupland. Hope to see you again in the mailbox soon!

1 Like

18 continued…

23 @suatelier Thank you so much for the great ArtfulGeet card!! I really love her work! So fun that you’ll be in Quebec city! I have no clue how festive it gets… ! Have fun!

26 @sarahaeyo Thank you so very much for the great LP geometric card! We will be trick or treating for sure :smiley: My office also has a costume contest, still thinking about something that would be uniquely cool!

28 @TwoDoggies AHHHHH thank youuuuuuu so very much for such a great wooden postcard from your trip! I LOVE it!! Awesome travel poster, it was alll intact :smiley: :heartbeat:

1 Like

#22 uconn

#20 @Triol
Thanks for this creepy skull/egg card. Yikes! Lol

#21 @Beachyblonde I’ll go trick or treating with my nieces. Thanks for this spooky comic cover

#27 @beatriceh thanks for the birthday wishes, it was a great day

1 Like

#15 so many to repot!

@Cruzin #3 Thanks for the great travel postcard card. Yes, cards that smear are so sad!
@jenhart #4 Cute ghost joke and great Day of the Dead card!
@carolreader #5 You guys had a great meetup in Dayton! I see some names I recognize but haven’t seen in a while. Sad I couldn’t make it, but looks like a lovely time was had.
@LaurenceB #18 This bird card is cute! And the washi tape is adorable, too!
@Beachyblonde #21 Thanks for the Frankenstein card. Hope your family has a good time trick or treating!
@suatelier #23 I love this witchy card! I bet the baked goods are tasty!
@Amalan #25 Thanks for the great Texas longhorn card. They are so cool!
@beatriceh #27 Cute Halloween card! I won’t be taking trick or treaters this year. Maybe next year!
@TwoDoggies #28 Meetup from DC! I love meetups, but they certainly can get a little overwhelming. I hope if you try one again you have a better time. But, it’s also okay if you don’t like them.

3 Likes

#19 received

#20 @Triol - thank you! Autumn has been great so far!

#24 @roxy - thank you! I wasn’t able to write as may cards as I had wanted, but I got to write some!

#17 @sarapdx reporting received today:

#21 @Beachyblonde sent a sweet vintage Halloween card. No heat here yet, but today is a really grey and murky day- it feels very autumnal!

#23 @suatelier also sent a Halloween card- very cute! I’m always fascinated by how other cultures celebrate holidays. Have fun in Quebec City!

#25 @Amalan sent a cute Halloween card! Thank you for the birthday wishes! Cajun potato soup sounds delicious! I’ll have to look up the recipe.

1 Like

#5 reporting:

#2 @crimsonking – A pretty, “atmospheric” Halloween card. These look like Halloween ornaments, hanging on an appropriately bare tree. Nice! Thank you.

#21 @beachyblonde – Great card for World Postcard Day. I got quite a few WPD cards this year, but a lot of different designs. I like these - thanks!

#23 @suatelier – Another nice, original World Postcard Day card. I have quite a collection! Thanks! Yes, the Niagara Falls meetup sounded nice. Maybe you can make it next year.

1 Like

#24 reporting

Thank you to #3 @cruzin for the awesome Royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle - a new one for the collection!

Thank you @RuhRohRaggy for the fantastic Lego cocktails card! I love that boxset so much!

1 Like

4 @jenhart sent a beautiful card of North Carolina Lighthosues - traveling in mid-sept to mid-oct is so much more fun!

10 @emotis send a beautiful card of pumpkins and a quote from Anne of Green Gables - oh now I agree with her! Is there anything better than compost vegetables??? This year it was Sunflowers and Cantelopes for us!

18 @LaurenceB sent a darling US Postbox cutout… I love it!!! I still use them once in a while at the postoffices, but rare to see them in the rest of the city. And a bonus Boston - so pretty!

21 @Beachyblonde sent a lovely Dromedary Camel form the Santa Ana zoo/rescue. Love the face!!!

28 @TwoDoggies sent some ‘colored’ sheep — I had a friend who dyed her Pygora goats with kool-aid for the State Fair - they got a lot of attention!!! I know of one farmer in Scotland who was having trouble with rustlers - he dyed his sheep a different color each year to prevent rustling!

Thank you all for the lovely cards and stamps!

Waiting for 6-20-23-25-29-30

2 Likes

#11 received from…

#21 @beachyblonde RL Stine Goosebumps card. I loved reading Goosebumps as a kid. I’ve often considered reading it as an adult to see if it still holds the same excitement.
#23 @suatelier an LP witch Halloween card. I can’t remember the last time I “celebrated” Halloween. But I do enjoy watching scary movies during this time of year.
#25 @Amalan Halloween card. I would definitely like to visit Louisiana at some point. I haven’t had the opportunity yet.
#26 @sarahaeyo Halloween card. I haven’t dressed up for Halloween for about 15 years, though I don’t think I was ever too creative anyway, haha.
#28 @TwoDoggies Blackwater Falls state park. Always happy to enjoy a waterfall view.

Thank you all!!

1 Like

#3 received

#23 @suatelier Great October card!!!

#29 @melvnoble it is a great time of year!!

Thank you both for the great cards and words!

Postcard happiness to report!

Thanks to:
#18 @LaurenceB Awesome Walt Disney Productions card. I remember buying this style of card when I was visiting the parks when I was little. And hope your 2 year old is feeling better. My youngest had asthma and we spent lots of times visiting hospitals (good news… he grew out of it!)
#23 @suatelier Papersisters Happy Halloween card. Fun design! And have fun in Quebec!
#25 @Amalan Halloween pumpkins and fun stickers and washi tape too! Always great to meet another NPS collector!
#30 Halloween pumpkinhead. And yep… 20 years old. Legal drinking and gambling is on the horizon. HELP!

To Receive: 6, 7, 20, 21, 27

Five more wonderful cards arrived over the course of last week. Many thanks to:

#18 @LaurenceB for the great card from Morrisburg. Glad you got to meet Hooked on Postcards! Great stamps as well.

#21 @Beachyblonde for the awesome WPD card from Chattanooga. Great to see some familiar names on the card.

#23 @suatelier for the “vintage” WPD card :wink: Hope to see you next year!

#25 @Amalan for the cute WPD card

#29 @melvnoble for the lovely October card. I agree with the sentiment 100%!

Thanks everyone! Just waiting on #20.

Another update has been completed. :smiley:

1 Like

#13 here with cards from:

#7 @alcott1 – Thank you for the sweet, glittery Halloween card! My candy is bought and all I have to do is dress up my witch and sit her next to me at the table at the end of our driveway on Halloween night! Love Halloween!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade – What a fantastic photo! Thank you for sending it to me. Great WPD washi tape and cute sticker, too! What a wonderful idea to leave notebooks in these mailboxes for people to write messages in. Very clever.

#10 @emotis – Thank you for the terrific Salem Lantern Press postcard! I love Salem and only wish I lived a lot closer! How wonderful that you foster dogs. I don’t think I could do that without getting attached to the pups. I’d be overrun with dogs I couldn’t give up!

#11 @RuhRohRaggy – Thank you for the gigantic, yummy looking strawberries! Nice Fall washi and stickers, too! I am enjoying autumn and it is my favorite season of the year, too. Time to break out the sweaters, and it is never too soon for hot chocolate!

#12 @Yarn-Lady – Thank you for the World Postcard Day winning postcard and the lovely sentiment. I feel blessed to have met you and so many others through Postcrossing. What a wonderful adventure this is! So happy I am a part of it. Cute bird sticker!

#17 @sarapdx – Thank you so much for the very cute pumpkins! I am making note of all the sources of this year’s terrific Halloween postcards. Autumn is my favorite season. I just love the cool, crisp weather, the colorful trees, the pumpkins everywhere and the kids on Halloween. A great time of year before the winter chill settles in.

#20 @Triol – Thank you, thank you for the Lou Paper Halloween card from my Favorites! I have my Halloween candy bought and hidden from my husband. I am ready for trick-or-treating! Great stickers!

#23 @suatelier – Thank you for the very different Bat card! I like it! As to the weather, it was 21°C today going down to 11°C tonight. So, not so bad yet. I hope it stays warm for trick-or-treating. It has rained here for the past seven weekends!

#24 @roxy – Whoa! Thank you for this very frightening woman just asking to be bitten by a vampire. Or she could be a zombie. In any event, she’s scary! Our grandkids are definitely fired up for Halloween. They have their costumes and are ready to go! Great sticker and washi!

#25 @Amalan – Thank you for the pumpkins, especially the little smiley one! Great Halloween washi and sticker, too! Halloween will find me sitting at a table at the foot of our driveway with the candy spread out on the table top. This started when Covid reared its ugly head. It worked so well that we have been doing it since. I actually get to talk to my neighbors while the kids try to decide which candy bar they want.

#26 @sarahaeyo – These are definitely the best witches! So cute! ! have the top half of a mannequin which I dress as a witch to sit on my front porch to terrorize greet anyone who approaches my front door. She will join me on Halloween at the table set up at the foot of our driveway to hand out candy to the trick or treaters who dare to approach. She’ll be protecting the candy!

#29 @melvnoble – Thank you for this up front and personal view of the Callahan Clock which no longer sits at ground level but is now atop the Brethen Tower at Carillon Historical Park. You can climb 120 steps to take in views of the park, Great Miami River and the surrounding area in the 100-foot-tower topped by the historic clock. I like your Halloween washi tape!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip - Thank you for this terrific B/W Halloween card! What a great image! Cute Snoopy stickers! At the moment, “Harry Potter’s” robe is a bit too long and is sitting in my living room waiting to be hemmed! Sinead and her baby doll accomplice need to be brought to the front porch. I personally think the baby doll is very cute. All of my “kids” think she starred in a horror movie they saw. Piffle.

1 Like

#29 - Here are almost all of the rest of my October postcards! What a fun month!

#1 @cawindt - Thank you Craig for the lovely World Postcard Day postcard! I don’t immediately recognize the other names, but it looks like a great turnout!! I heard there was one in Toledo with a lot of this group, and I hope something like that happens again!

#3 @Cruzin - Thank you Lori for this postcard of a quite elegant witch! I love witches and Halloween and this time of year! I did see the Doctor Who trailer and I am very excited!

#4 @jenhart - Thank you Jennifer for this postcard of Barack and Michelle Obama! These portraits are so beautiful and I’m bummed the postmark is going over Michelle!

#7 @alcott1 - Thank you Mary Ellen for this vintage reprint A Joyful Hallowe’en! The poem is so cute and I like the sentiment of just having fun on Halloween. I’ve been enjoying driving around and seeing all the Halloween decorations!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade - Thank you René for this postcard for World Postcard Day! That’s so cool you took this photo! And the notebooks remind me of geocaching a bit. That’s very sweet!

#9 @WrenAtTheBeach - Thank you Wren for this Halloween Lou Paper postcard! I love all the spooky images of whites and ghosts and potions! It’s my dream to get a black cat someday.

#11 @RuhRohRaggy - Thank you Abby for this postcard of The Shire! I don’t think I heard about an Office reboot, but I’m not sure that it would go over well. Some shows and movies are just the best in their original form! (original to the US I suppose :laughing:)

#18 @LaurenceB - Thank you Laurence for this GLORIOUS pug! I love the colors and the food and everything about this! I hope your pizza lunch was nice and the new CFO is great for your office!

#19 @ellistrations - Thank you Barbara for this postcard of snowy owls! They are lovely! I’m enjoying the fall and the cooler weather. We had one warmer day and were inundated with ladybugs!

#20 @Triol - Thank you Olga for this sweet postcard of autumn decorations! I guess the ghost/scarecrow makes this Halloween decor as well. I’m looking forward to Halloween this year and I adore the spooky fun decor!

#21 @Beachyblonde - Thank you Whitney for this Happy Halloween postcard! My boyfriend looked at this and said “Hey isn’t that the Angry Birds font?” Now I can’t unsee it! :laughing:

#23 @suatelier - Thank you Charlotte for this postcard of a vintage witch! A Spooky Night to All indeed! It’s been fun seeing all the Halloween decorations on homes and businesses. I was the only one in my office to decorate, so I guess I’m the weird Halloween gal now! :rofl:

#25 @Amalan - Thank you Amalan for this postcard of a Halloween pug! I love how pooped this pug is! Too much candy and trick or treating? :smile: Triple-digit temps!? I don’t know the last time we’ve had that in this area. Glad it’s cooler for sure!

#26 @sarahaeyo - Thank you Sarah for this postcard of Andre Gide! I don’t know what paranormal interruptions were messing with my scanner but that is the only way I could get this postcard scanned! Any other time of year and I might have tried harder to get a better image, but this is just too good for spooky season! :ghost:

#27 @beatriceh - Thank you Charisse for this postcard of a magic cat! This is such a sweet and adorable art piece! I like how the pumpkin carving is a mouse! I love this time of year as well and October has been so busy for me this year! Hope you enjoyed PA and Venice!

#28 @TwoDoggies - Thank you Terri for this postcard of cute Halloween gnomes! My boyfriend hates gnomes and I tease him that he’s afraid of them. Glad to hear you got to volunteer! I did some canvassing years ago, but I guess I got a little apathetic since Covid.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip - Thank you Rocky for this postcard of a not-so-spooky witch! Witches are my favorite and I love seeing all the various depictions throughout history. From the potentially offensive big warty nose ones to the whimsical beautiful ones like this. Don’t mess with a witch who knows magic!

4 Likes