[RR] North American October 2022 Round Robin - The Apple Cider Is Better Than Pumpkin Spice Any Day Edition - Closed

#19 received some wonderful cards!

#3 @Cruzin - thank you! It’s been a long time, but we’ve only seen one wild turkey in our neighborhood. It cut through our yard once - most exciting moment of the day, haha!

#4 @jenhart - thank you! We actually visited Hilton Head during the storm and ended up completely missing it - except for the drive down, haha! My partner loves the series, he watches them as the seasons come around, too.

#5 @carolreader - thank you! I can’t travel without buying ‘too’ many cards either!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA - thank you! These guys are so cute! It’s like a whole other world up north when it comes to animals.

#22 @uconn - thank you! Had a great nd relaxing birthday, awesome card! I was happy the day was so perfect to enjoy the outdoors without being too hot or shivering. I need to see the Munsters movie.

3 Likes

whooo~ another month of wonderful postcards has begun!
26 received: #5, 10, 17, 20, 22

5 @carolreader - a lovely lantern press travel poster of logan pass/hidden lake trail at glacier np :mountain_snow: i have never been, but what a beautiful view; i hope you enjoyed your trip!

10 @emotis - the one and only mr. zip for world postcard day! :love_letter: the accompanying zip code song is kind of a bop lol

17 @YOIYUMTEWA - a black and white photo of a man in a portable bath from shackleton’s antarctic expedition :bath:t2: brrrr! i dont think i am cut out for any 1900’s era expeditions - i am more of a glamping kind of girl haha

20 @Hazygirl - the iconic and charismatic jimi hendrix :guitar: it is so sad that we’ve lost so many talented people to the 27 club - janis joplin, jean-michael basquiat, amy winehouse, kurt cobain, the list goes on…

22 @uconn - buckminister fuller’s futurist proposal for a united nations geoscope in new york with crystal-clear cancellation! :earth_africa: is the munsters any good? i am always looking for new netflix recommendations!

3 Likes

#22 uconn

#12 @Yarn-Lady thanks for the World Postcard Day card

#13 @ladybug513 great Halloween card, love the Wolf Man stamp

#20 @Hazygirl great Halloween theme card, thank you. Mystic is a fun town to visit

#24 @roxy thanks for this Halloween card with an
Albany NY postmark

1 Like

Thank you to #3 @Cruzin Love this WPD card. I agree… I think her cards an awesome quality. I ordered from her when she first started and they used to e that cool looking matte on both sides (which was a pain to write on) But she fixed that pretty quickly. If you do find out where she gets them printed let me know!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

#28 reporting:
Cards 6 - 11 are in today’s mail.

1 Like

#28 reporting again:

Cards 12-18 are in tomorrow’s mail.

1 Like

#25 jocrafts here, received from:

#20 @Hazygirl a fun Halloween zombie party card. I’ve already given up on Halloween decor. I did buy a few pumpkins to transition us for a while.

#9 reporting an excellent card from
#30 @Xiru Beautiful photo that you took! Nice silky waterfall, always my goal on the rare occasion I’m near a waterfall. I’m not usually successful.

#4 @jenhart sent a super cute and oh so scary Ghost card. Glad you didn’t get hit with Ian. My feet were cold for the past 5 days now they’re hot because the weather is back to almost summer today. It can’t make up its mind!

Xiru is not part of this RR.

The cards keep rolling in! Thank you to:

#4 @jenhart for the great bottle tree card. I hope Ian didn’t affect your daughter too much in SC.

#9 @akap25 for the adorable PostalLove cat card with Halloween inspired stamps. We always enjoy our year off from hosting, but by Christmastime, we’re already looking for the next year’s student!

#12 @Yarn-Lady for the beautiful official Postcrossing WPD card. We’re in full on fall mode here! The leaves are changing and the air is crisp!

#13 @ladybug513 for the awesome vintage Lake Superior Circle Tour card. Yes! All five of the Great Lakes have a circle tour. Lake Huron’s goes right through Bay City. I’ve never actually followed one all the way around any of the Lakes, but I’ve driven on large parts of all of them. I had never heard of Wawa before today…but your card wasn’t the first reference to it that I saw. A former student had posted pictures from Wawa earlier today. She’s up there doing a colour tour!

#14 @dnrhott for the great vintage shot of the frozen American Falls. I was just at Niagara this past weekend for a WPD meetup! I have been to the Falls when they have been frozen in the winter…when it was -40 degrees! You would not like it then!

#16 @jacieslar for the fabulous Lou Paper Halloween card and for the early birthday wishes. We will be having a dinner party at home for the event :smile:

#22 @uconn for the hilarious “Family Values” card. We have an arcade here in town that has a whole bunch (20+) vintage pinball machines. I love playing them!

Thank you everyone for the cards, stamps and decorations.

3 Likes

#2 reporting

#4 @jenhart sent a ghostly portraits postcard, thank you Jennifer! This card is adorable. :ghost: Some people love Halloween more than Christmas. :jack_o_lantern: There is a house in my village (village sounds so dated, but it isn’t big enough to be called a town), that has I think 7 blow-up things of pumpkins, ghosts, vampires on their front lawn, I like it. They also do it in December, but with Christmas things, lol.

#5 @carolreader sent Bigfoot, thank you Carol! Hehe, I never expect to see Bigfoot, anywhere, but bears I do. When I lived in Colorado, my husband and I would go places and hike a bit, but there were always warnings of mountain lions and bears in the area, needless to say that we didn’t venture too far in, haha. My husband can out run me so I’d definitely be caught by the bear. :bear: I’m glad you didn’t run into one either. My parents did one time in Minnesota, it was off in the distance so they had time to turn around and get out of there.

#6 @mikeyz1 sent an Edgar Degas piece titled After the Bath, 1896, thank you Mike! Oh, I got my latest booster last Friday, and man it stung going in and had a lump in my deltoid for a few days, ugh. I got my flu shot in early September. :smile:

#10 @emotis sent Mr. Zip, thank you Erin! I never knew the USPS had a mascot, let alone in 1960s, haha. He is kind of cute. :slight_smile: Love the washi tape you used.

#13 @ladybug513 sent ravens on a cross, thank you Susan! :smiley: I wish you a spooky night with all the fun intended to go with it! :ghost: Mmm… treats are the best! :yum: :mage: Love the washi tape and the Snoopy & Woodstock stickers!

#14 @dnrhott sent “Love” by Koko the gorilla, thank you Delia! :heart: How cool this card is! I love seeing what other species can do with paint and this one is awesome. I also see tiny paintings from rats with their little feet, paw prints everywhere, hehe. Yum, I like all the candies you do, though too many Reese’s will cause heartburn because of the peanut butter, hehe. Neat Halloween sticker!

#16 @jacieslar sent an adorable vintage reprint, thank you JoAnne! :jack_o_lantern: :black_cat: Love the stickers and washi. :smiley: Oh man, how long were you chasing the elk cows out of your backyard? I bet you heard the males bugle all day long looking for mates. I just looked up pictures of Ruidoso, I thought it would be more desert than mountains, glad I was wrong. :smiley:

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA sent a vintage card of Dom in Salzburg, thank you Rick! The Salzburg Cathedral is beautiful, I love seeing old cathedrals such as this one. :smile: Cute owl and heart sticker, thank you.

#22 @uconn sent a ghost :ghost: card, thank you James, very cute! :smiley: I watch She-Hulk also, hehe. Rascal won’t leave my side, if he’s sleeping and I go into another room, it only takes a couple of minutes for him to wake up, look for me and then find me, lol, he’s a goof and my little shadow. He’ll be 15 next month, woo!

#24 @roxy sent a spooky card, thank you Brenda! I have the same set, haha. Did you come across the border to send your mail? Probably cheaper that way. :smiley:

Thank you everyone!
:black_cat: :ghost: :jack_o_lantern:

2 Likes

The rest of my cards were mailed today!

1 Like

#2 @CrimsonKing a neat Halloween Zombie gig. Along with great decor very festive i like it all.

#3 @Cruzin a illustration card but the icing is my girl Veronica along with the Archie stamp always a treat.

#4 @jenhart a Vietnamese soup i dream to eat true Japanese foods. Very nice.

#5 @carolreader lovely card of the Indian Dunes so many nice places in this great country.

#12 @Yarn-Lady A world Postcard day card always nice to get a nice card after a long day especially if its far away.

#13 @ladybug513 Ahhhh a shark like my avatar truly like this.

#20 @Hazygirl a lovely sunset

#22 @uconn Awsome Halloween card of Harry Potter truly enjoying this.

#26 @sarahaeyo a view illustration of England

Thank you for such lovely bunch o cards from all you awsome pals and gals.:grinning::crazy_face::star_struck:

2 Likes

#13 here with wonderful postcards from:

#2 @CrimsonKing - Thank you for the monstrous Halloween card! Love all the thin washi tape and stickers. Pumpkins, mums, sweaters and blankets - all my favorites!

#3 @cruzin - Thank you for the great Halloween card! I’ve actually sent this one out in the past. Love the witch’s silhouette and your clever decorations on the flip side. Hope you have lots of trick or treaters!

#4 @jenhart - What a terrifically ghostly card! Thank you! I love it! Well, unlike you, I love the cooler weather - putting on a sweater and taking a cool, comfortable walk. Beats the summer heat!

#12 @Yarn-Lady - World Postcard Day card! Thank you so much for sending the contest winner. I liked it as soon as I saw it on the site. Lovely image!

#17 @yoiyumtewa - Thank you so much for the Sandy Hook Light, the oldest operating lighthouse in the US! 700 lighthouses guarding our coastlines. That’s a lot of lighthouses!

#20 @Hazygirl - Thank you for the spooky, haunted house and Halloween stickers! It’s been cool here, too, although today was in the 70’s with the same for tomorrow. Saturday will be back to the 50’s. I’m cold in my stone house and warm when I’m outside. I wish the weather would just make up its mind!

#24 roxy - Love the evil pumpkins and the poisonous washi tape! Thank you for this haunting Halloween greeting! Great witchy ink stamp, too!

1 Like

#22 uconn

#2 @CrimsonKing lol you remembered the brandy. I’m ready. I am not sure my niece’s costumes yet. Cool card, thanks

#14 @dnrhott I love Reese’s, Almond Joy, and the rare Zagnut. I used to like Clark bars, but it’s a new owner and it’s changed for the worse.
Thanks for this funny card.

#16 @jacieslar love this card and Halloween stamp. I wish I bought more of them. Thanks for the birthday wishes, it was a good day. We’re having a party this Sunday.

3 Likes

#19 received

#2 @CrimsonKing - thank you! My mom likes to decorate the house some. Mostly just with anything that can carry over though Thanksgiving, like a scarecrow and pumpkins.

#12 @Yarn-Lady - thank you! These cards are lovely!

#13 @ladybug513 - thank you! This is too cute. I’m going to a meet-up this weekend as well, it’ll be my first. Wish it was more local, but it’ll still be fun!

3 Likes

It is way cheaper, lol! It wasn’t a special trip just for that but we used to make day trips to the US regularly pre-pandemic and I’d always mail my cards from there.

1 Like

#29 - I got some great Halloween-y postcards!

#2 @CrimsonKing - Thank you Lesly for this Halloween Greetings postcard! I love all the washi tape and stickers, too! I don’t think my boyfriend and I will go to a party, but I definitely want to go to a pumpkin patch or something autumnal!

#10 @emotis - Thank you Erin for this postcard of Mr. Zip! I have a t-shirt of him and when I went to Philadelphia, there is a little cardboard cutout of him at the Ben Franklin post office. I was so excited and got a picture with it and I’m sure the postal worker thought I was bananas! :laughing:

#13 @ladybug513 - Thank you Susan for this vintage Halloween Greetings postcard! I love the pumpkin washi tape and owl sticker! What a spooky poem! I looked it up and saw there’s more to it! So spooky! :jack_o_lantern:

#20 @Hazygirl - Thank you for the Halloween Greetings! We do not get trick-or-treaters for Halloween. There is only one family with small children on our street, so I imagine they go to another street for their kids. I always got stressed when I lived somewhere that got a lot of kids because I did run out of candy once and the kids were NOT happy! So, no trick-or-treaters is fine by me!

4 Likes

#14 All has been sent. :ramen:

1 Like

#3 received this week

#2 @CrimsonKing Great Halloween card! Love the decorations on the back!

#5 @carolreader Funny card!! Sounds like a great road trip!

#9 @akap25 Great card!! I haven’t been to a meet up - was thinking about seeing how many people I could get to attend one here in Monterey!

#10 @emotis Mr Zip!! Same here regarding Mr Zip! I wish they would put him back on the sheets!

#12 @Yarn-Lady World Postcrossing Day!!

#14 @dnrhott FL fact card!I haven’t seen those Forever stamps before!

#16 @jacieslar Sugar Skulls! I am slowly buying stuff to pass out - I usually go the non-candy route - like chips or popcorn! Figure the kids will get more than enough candy - and it can go in their lunch.

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA Sci fi book cover! Never seen this one!

#19 @ellistrations Awesome 3D card!! Love it! So colorful too!

#20 @Hazygirl Black cat - yes, a little mean looking! But a cutie

#22 @uconn nudes with baguettes!! That is a great series! Loving She-Hulk!

#24 @roxy Halloween card! I was doing the same with Postcard/Postcrossing!

#26 @sarahaeyo Sadie Tanner Mossell Alexander. What wonderful accomplishments - way before her time!!

Thank you all for the great cards and words!!!

@cawindt all my cards went out on WPD!

6 Likes