[RR] North American October 2022 Round Robin - The Apple Cider Is Better Than Pumpkin Spice Any Day Edition - Closed

All cards have been mailed. Unfortunately I was on the road most of World Postcard Day. I was able to get them all written but not all mailed. Today the remainder were mailed.

2 Likes

I received three cards already today! Yay! I have a feeling my box will be full tomorrow. But today, thanks go to:

#6 @mikeyz1 for the great Native American history card from Michigan! I hope you didn’t have too much in the way of side-effects with your variant booster. I had mine a couple weeks ago, on a Saturday, and stayed home from school on Monday.

#10 @emotis for the awesome Mr. Zip card! I love him!!I have a tshirt with him on it :slight_smile:

#19 @ellistrations for the cool New Bern card. I knew that it was named after Bern, Switzerland, but I guess I never thought it was founded by a guy from there! Also, I didn’t know that’s where Pepsi was from.

Thanks to all three of you and for the wonderful selection of stamps that you all used.

3 Likes

#2 Received my first card!

#19 @ellistrations sent a Goosebumps card, thank you Barbara! Your pumpkin washi tape is cute. :jack_o_lantern: Happy Birthday to you my friend! :partying_face: :tada: Did you have fun shopping today? Hehe.

3 Likes

#20 received from the lightning-fast awesome card King #22 @uconn a great right up my alley tea card!

3 Likes

#19 @ellistrations my very 1st goosebumps card. I have this book in my collection lots of Twist and turn the viking in the book was a robot :grimacing:crazy ending The Legend of the Lost Legend. Maybe I will gander back to this book. Very nice thank you Barb.

3 Likes

#22 uconn

#19 @ellistrations a great weekend for having a birthday.
Thanks for this spooky Goosebumps card.

#26 @sarahaeyo I did Salem once on Halloween, I didn’t mind the crowd. I miss Weekly World News :joy:

4 Likes

#8 Shesa-Renegade reporting in with my first received card from #19 @ellistrations who sent me a new card from the movie UP! This really does fit the description of cozy. I love this movie so much. Glad you had a great time at Disney and avoided the most recent hurricane.

Received: 19

2 Likes

#29 - My first October postcards have arrived!

#5 @carolreader - Thank you Carol for this postcard from Glacier National Park! It looks so beautiful, but that cliff also makes me anxious! A drive across the country sounds so much fun! Someday I’d like to be able to do that. I also want to go to Europe, and really all over the world if I was able!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA - Thank you Rick for this postcard “Seven Steps to the Sun” from 1981! I noticed this was postmarked Pittsburgh! I wonder if it is always Pittsburgh and I only noticed this time. :laughing: I do enjoy the sci-fi and these types of cards are so fun because I learn about new media all the time!

#19 @ellistrations - Thank you Barbara for this postcard of Great Plains Prairie Burrowing Owls! Also, I have been proven wrong every time I lament that USPS doesn’t do stamp postcards when I get a royal mail stamp postcard. This is amazing news to me, so I’ll be looking into this more! September was my super busy month, so hopefully, it is good busy for you this month!

2 Likes

all of #26’s cards should be traveling by wednesday!

1 Like

#13 here and all of my postcards are in the mail!

Cards have been received from:

#5 @carolreader - Thank you for the the card depicting the Theodore Roosevelt National Park commemorative stamp card with the matching 6¢ postage stamp! Your trip sounds fantastic. Lucky you!

#19 @ellistrations - An Eric Carle ladybug! Thank you! Our two year granddaughter doesn’t like the look of the Grouchy Ladybug and wants nothing to do with it or any other ladybug for that matter. Makes me sad :frowning: We thoroughly enjoyed the Eric Carle museum in Amherst MA. And, nice postage stamps, too!

#22 @uconn - Aww, this Campbell doll is so cute! Love tomato soup. With the cooler weather coming, I will be making my grandmother’s version of tomato soup mixed with milk, a little sour cream, meatballs and potatoes. Yum! So good! Thank you!

3 Likes

#28 reporting:

Cards #1-#5 will be tomorrow’s mail.

1 Like

1-20 has been sent out

1 Like

#8 Shesa-Renegade with three more wonderful cards in the mail today!

#5 @carolreader sends a card from Indiana Dunes National Park! Your adventure sounds kind of like me when I hike - getting lost and off trail. Mostly for me it is because I see something cool that I have to explore.

#12 @Yarn-Lady sends a card for World Postcard Day! I hope that you had a great day, too!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA sends a card from the Women in Science set. I appreciate these cards so much as a woman in science myself. Jane Cooke Wright was an oncologist who cofounded the American Society of Clinical Oncology and developed a new way to treat hard-to-reach tumors. Her chemo techniques saved millions of lives. Thank you for sharing this card with me!

Received: 5, 12, 17, 19

1 Like

#22 uconn

#3 @Cruzin great Bettie Page card with Frankenstein’s monster tattoo, love it

#5 @carolreader thanks for this ram card. I enjoy ‘normal’ cards too :smiley: I’ve never seen these, but saw Dall sheep in Alaska

#10 @emotis great Mr. Zip card. I’ll stick him on envelopes from vintage sheets

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA thanks for this vintage humor card

3 Likes

18 reporting!

All cards have now been mailed!

2 Likes

Today’s mail call:

#5 @carolreader Love this LP signpost card. I love roadtrips!! I hope you had a blast!!!
#17 @yoiyumtewa Saguaro National Park. Agree… they do look a little alien! Saguaro is on my to visit list.
#19 @ellistrations Cute LP Halloween card. All of a sudden it’s gotten chilly here too. I love sweater weather… but am missing the longer days and reading outside in the sun after dinner.
#22 @uconn Ravenclaw— My house! Great card. A wand and potion shop?? That sounds like a great place to shop!

Thanks so much everyone!!!

3 Likes

#29 - Two postcards to report!

#3 @Cruzin - Thank you Lori for this postcard for World Postcard Day 2022! I love the pumpkins and Day of the Dead skull sticker! There are Bocce courts in some of the parks I go to. I’ve only played a few times and usually, it was with family in the yard and not on the official court. Still fun! :jack_o_lantern:

#22 @uconn - Thank you James for this Ravenclaw postcard! I’ve not seen one in this style before, so it’s very neat! I like the constellations! I am glad to hear your trip to the potion and wand shop was fun! Sounds like a very neat place to see. :magic_wand:

3 Likes

#21 received my first batch of cards!

#3 @Cruzin My first WPD card! Very cool that we have such similar interests! Would love to see some of your artwork!

#4 @jenhart Thank you for this adorable card! Love it! We got lucky with Ian and didn’t have any major damage, although people 5 miles away got hit hard. Glad to hear your daughter is okay!

#5 @carolreader Thank you for a totally awesome card! :heart_eyes: We got lucky and Ian didn’t cause any major damage. Very thankful!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA I’ve never read anything by this author either, but I like the cover! Thank you!

#22 @uconn A very spooky care, perfect for Halloween! Love the fake cup stain on the back! Thank you! :grin:

3 Likes

Lots of Great cards today!
#20 Hazygirl received:

#5 @carolreader RUN-DMC Nice! Great John Paul Jones stamp! Glad you had a great trip. We went from NY to SD over the summer. It was amazing! I bet your trip was too! Thank you!

#13 @ladybug513 Super Fall-ish pumpkin seed card with awesome Snoopy stickers. I agree about the time of year. Imagine knocking on someone’s in say, June looking for candy? Don’t think it would work! Thank you!

#14 @dnrhott I love this Luxo Jr card!! It may be favorite from the set! Thank you!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA Holy Cow! A Mount Airy Lodge card. The only way my now MIL could get her son & daughter to still on vacation with them was to take the girlfriend & boyfriend along aka me and my now BIL. Guess where we went! Yup Mount Airy. We didn’t have the rooms with the champagne tubs but we did eat in that very dining room. I remember one of the soups was Consumme Double. Which I think in their case was College Inn brand chicken and beef broth mixed together. Great memories! Thank you!

#19 @ellistrations I love these Star Wars giant cards! They’re so fancy and special. Thank you!

#@roxy Spooky Halloween Tree Boooooo… Great card! Thank you!

2 Likes

More wonderful cards have arrived over the past two days. Thank you to:

#3 @Cruzin for the fabulous World Postcard Day card. I love this design! The cat stickers are adorable as well. I think you may be right about December. We’ll see how November goes first!

#5 @carolreader for the stunning view of Theodore Roosevelt National Park. I also thoroughly enjoyed that stop on our western road trip in 2020. Glacier was probably my favourite of the trip, though.

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA for the beautiful vintage Philadelphia Customs House card. Thank you for sending such a treasure!

#24 @roxy for the fun Halloween card and stickers! At first, I was thinking you set a new record for cross-border cards, then I noticed that you sent the card from the States! I hope you had a good trip.

#26 @sarahaeyo for the wonderful vintage airmail reprint. I love it! I hope you were able to enjoy your time with your friend, regardless of the weather.

Thank you everyone!

3 Likes