[RR] North American October 2022 Round Robin - The Apple Cider Is Better Than Pumpkin Spice Any Day Edition - Closed

#28 reporting:

My remaining cards for this group #19-#30 are prepared and will be in tomorrow’s mail.

1 Like

#19 received

#10 @emotis - thank you! I was just going through old stamps and saw him the other day. He is cute! You know you love mail and stamps when you know who this is, haha!

#20 @Hazygirl - thank you! I love how old keys are so unique and the detail put into them, but I can only imagine having to carry them around. I have about 8 keys I have to carry at work and they do make my pocket a little heavier than I care for.

1 Like

Yes stamps i get them.from Etsy.:grinning:

#22 uconn

#4 @jenhart I was laughing when I saw this in today’s mail, thank you!

2 Likes

#3 @Cruzin : World Postcard Day card with very cool sticker decorations

#5 @carolreader : Lantern Press Glacier National Park I have not been there - it’s on the list!

#9 @akap25 : Lantern Press Geometrics Halloween card. Soooooo cool! I hope the meet-up was fun!

#10 @emotis : Mr. Zip World Postcard Day card with great stamps. And you are wrong, you need that lunch box :laughing:

#14 @dnrhott : spooky holiday card. I like Almond Joys - I may be the only one :laughing:

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA : beautiful lighthouse painting. There are no famous people from my hometown, or where I live now. None.

#19 @ellistrations : vintage Coke ad. I didn’t know Pepsi shops were a thing!

#20 @Hazygirl : NY state map. I keep a copy of new highway maps in my car. GPS is great - but it provides no context, connections or true sense of orientation so I love to study actual maps!

Thank you!

3 Likes

Hi
#20 Hazygirl reporting:

#2 @crimsonking sent a beautifully decorated scary! Halloween card!

#10 @emotis sent Mr. Zip! I was so excited to get one. When I saw the one posted above, I actually thought ooh I hope I get one too and I did! YAY

#12 @Yarn-Lady sent an offically offical WPD card

#18 @LaurenceB sent some cool Montreal stadiums. Funny, I was just thinking about Christmas gifts to buy today too.

#26 @sarahaeyo sent Darth Vader and Lei - these are my favorites too!!! I think they’re so clever and funny

3 Likes

#19 received

#24 @roxy - thank you! October is treating me well so far. Busy, yet great!

#26 @sarahaeyo - thank you! On the two trips I just took, I wanted so badly to write and postmark there, but never got the chance with all the running around, haha! I’ve yet to visit Salem, maybe one day.

1 Like

#5 has received cards from:

#3 @Crimsonking – Halloween postcard! No trick-or-treat in our neighborhood; we’re a bunch of old fogeys on a restricted road. I never liked passing out candy (bah, humbug!), but my late husband loved it. Thank you for the card!

#4 @jenhart – Various pumpkin spice lattes! Yum, and thank you. Sorry to the critics, but I LOVE pumpkin spice. Except – I did try pumpkin spice Cheerios. Not recommended!

#6 @mikeyz1 – more great art, and great stamps. Unfortunately, I’ve seen far more art on postcards than in museums. Thank you for sending such great art cards!

#9 @akap25 – I love Inkognito cards, and this one is no exception. What’s funny is that the beach and leafy dunes on this card remind me a lot of Indiana Dunes National Park, which I visited just a few weeks ago. Thanks for the great card!

#10 @emotis – Mr. Zip is reminding us of World Postcard Day. Thank you. I love this hobby too. I was just scanning my Postcrossing meetup cards into Flickr, and it reminded me of the one in Columbus in 2019. Hope to see you at a meetup again someday.

#13 @ladybug513 – A map card of Puerto Rico. I never thought I’d get one of these – thank you! I just loved your description of your honeymoon there so long ago. A friend of mine thought I should now request map cards for the other US territories – Guam, the Virgin Islands, etc. I don’t think so!

#14 @dnrhott – What a pretty sunset and view of the sky! Thank you. Yes, colored pens can be fun.

#16 @jacieslar – What a beautiful (and unexpected) view of New Mexico! Thank you. My next “away” hiking trip will be to Santa Fe, next April. I had in friend in Albuquerque in the late ‘70’s, but have not been back there since then. Looking forward to it.

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA - (Yeah - I can finally type your username without having to look up the spelling!) Thank you for the vintage Pennsylvania map card. It’s amazing that I hadn’t received one of these before. This RR has been great for completing my collection of state map cards (which I only decided to collect recently). I’m only missing four now.

#19 @ellistrations – A cute Goosebumps card with a dummy zombie. Thank you! I’m busy this month, too, but my version of busy would probably be leisure to you. Since I’ve been retired (almost 6 years now), I zealously guard my leisure time.

#22 @uconn – A vintage Pennsylvania map card – you had the same idea as Rick, completing my state map collection. Thank you! What’s more, your vintage PA map card is different than the one he sent – the little illustrations are all different. Very cool.

#24 @roxy – Pumpkins and Halloween greetings – helping me get into the spirit. Halloween means autumn, and I love autumn. Thank you!

#26 @sarahaeyo – “Boston in sepia” - cool title for a pretty card. Thank you. The only time I was in Boston was in 2009, when I was fortunate to be running the Boston Marathon. I was too distracted to see much of the city, however.

#28 @TwoDoggies – No, I have not been inundated with Kansas map cards. In fact, this is my one and only, so I thank you for helping to complete my collection – and for the vintage view.

You can see my cards received here.

6 Likes

@carolreader - Believe it or not, I just bought the PR mapcard at a postcard show a few weeks ago. It cost me $.25!

1 Like

#8 Shesa-Renegade receiving more wonderful cards yesterday!!

#1 @cawindt sends a fun meetup card from the Niagara Falls meetup! One of these days I am going to make it to a meetup!

#2 @CrimsonKing sends a postcard filled with cute pumpkins! I love autumn, too. I enjoy sitting in my backyard with a chill in the air and sipping on hot tea or cocoa. So relaxing just to think of it!

#3 @Cruzin sends a fun Inge Löök postcard of these two funny ladies snorkeling! I love these two so much! I have been trying to stock up on postcards, too.

#4 @jenhart sends a great card of bottlenose dolphin from Daufuskie Island in South Carolina. I’m glad that you are safe. My family lives not too far from you in Lenoir, and my son is in Wilmington. These storms are always such a worry.

#10 @emotis sends a fun Mr. Zip postcard for World Postcard Day! You are so right about this hobby bringing happiness. I can have the crappiest day at work, but arriving home and finding even one postcard in my mailbox makes it so much better.

#13 @ladybug513 sends a card with a big comfy, cozy chair from Barnes & Noble. I love reading about your idea of a perfect cozy day. We are quite similar.

#14 @dnrhott sends a card with the male and female house wren. I have really grown to love birds since the pandemic started. There was something so amazing and safe about sitting outside in my backyard watching them when the world outside the front door seemed to be in chaos. Thank you.

#16 @jacieslar sends a sleeping kitty for the cozy theme. I agree about being wrapped up in a soft blanket in front of the fire. Sounds perfect. Have a great time in Tucson!

#20 @Hazygirl sends a lovely cup of tea. I agree that I like black teas and a cookie never hurts with that cozy feel.

Received: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19, 20

3 Likes

Two more fabulous cards have arrived since my last report. Thank you to:

#2 @CrimsonKing for the great Halloween inspired card. No, I don’t dress up for school, nor do we encourage the students to dress up for Halloween. In fact, many years, the district schedules professional development for Halloween, giving the students the day off.

#20 @Hazygirl for the adorable kitten card! As I type this, my cat, Freyja. keeps walking between my face and the computer. She knows I was looking at other cats! LOL

Thanks to both of you!

3 Likes

#24 here. First cards of the month to report:

#1 @cawindt sent a Third World Postcard Day card from the Niagara Falls meetup. I recognize a few names on there. Looks like it was a good turnout.

#11 @HarleyGirl73 sent a Third World Postcard Day card - I didn’t have time to send out any cards this year except for the RR. Next year for sure!

#18 @ laurenceb sent a beautiful Greece card with an ornate window. Beautiful! So jealous of your Kijiji find! What a bargain!

#17 @yoiyumtewa sent a card from the Quest for the South Pole - Shakckleton’s imperial expedition that started in 1914. Great photo.

#19 @ellistrations sent a great PEI potato farm postcard. Yum yum!

2 Likes

received from:

#1 @cawindt Happy WPD from papersisters (cute design) and a whole lotta signatures! I haven’t been to Niagara Falls in a minute… I love going off season. :slight_smile:
#2 @crimsonking eerie pumpkins! I have 3 pumpkins on my porch currently… 2 of them are being snacked on by my always hungry neighborhood squirrels. It wasn’t enough that they ate all my cucumebrs, squash and tomoatoes. Nothing is safe. :slight_smile:
#4 @jenhart Tausendschoen LA card. Could these cards be any cuter?? (nope!) Stay in SC… buy some flannels, a space heater,. Anything but FL. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
#13 @ladybug513 Happy Birthday Tony!!! And lovely view of Glacier Nat’l Park
#20 @hazygirl Beautiful cheese card. Yes it counts! Fabric has far less fat and calories than the real stuff. :slight_smile:
#36 @sarahaeyo LP Boston card. I have 3 go to places in the North End for LP cards… the cheapest option is the Old North Church gift shop. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much everyone!! I love all of the cards!!!

4 Likes

#8 Shesa-Renegade reporting that all my cards are written and will be in the mail on Tuesday since Monday is a holiday. :bouncing:

1 Like

Our favourite time to go is February! Fewer crowds and great hotel packages :wink:

2 Likes

The first update has been completed!

1 Like

26 received: #4, 12, 13, 24

4 @jenhart - ahhh the little ghost with the monocle is too cute! :ghost: :tophat: glad that you and yours missed hurricane ian! and i hope your family florida is doing okay~ it is crazy the power that mother nature yields

10 @Yarn-Lady - happy world postcard day! this year’s design is so gorgeous and theme this year was so important :love_letter::dove:

13 @ladybug513 - a vintage-style witch and her owl and cat companions cooking up something special haha :woman_mage::broom: i say it all the time, but i really do love the the cooler weather this time of year, as well. i’ve noticed that trick-or-treating isnt very big in my neighbourhood but there are definitely pockets of the city were they shut down the roads to cars so kids can run from house to house safely.

24 @roxy - love the halloween card; spooktacular! :jack_o_lantern::zombie: the skeleton washi and mini sticker of the wpd card are adorable as well!

1 Like

18 reporting!

1 @cawindt Thank you so much for the wonderful WPD meetup card! I do recognize a few names of my Canadian friends in there :wink: I actually really loved this Papersisters animal design for this year’s WPD!

5 @carolreader What an amazing wooden Lantern Press card!!! Thank you so very much :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: I was glad to read that you had a wonderful trip :smiley:

11 @HarleyGirl73 Thank you very much for the WPD postcard! The matching sticker is awesome :smiley:

17 @YOIYUMTEWA Thank you Rick for the great art card! Such a unique design, I like it too! :+1:

19 @ellistrations Yay purple giraffes!! Thank you so much friend :smiley: I hope all went well with the Hurricane… This is not something we ever have to think about here. Let me know! :crossed_fingers:

22 @uconn Thank you so much for the epic flamingo vintage card!! I’m not sure which parts of it are real and which are a joke, but it is 100% awesome!! :smile:

24 @roxy Thank you for the Halloween card! I couldn’t write ANY cards on Oct. 1 because I was sick!! Oh well! :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

#28 reporting cards received:

#3 @cruzin official world post card day card.

#4 @jenhart pumpkin spice lattes (hot and chill). I love a good latte all year round.

#5 @carolreader knife sharpening from the Zippo/Case Museum. Hit that nail right on the head! Did you also go to the Corning Museum? I love that place.

#10 @emotis Mr. Zip I agree, bring him back.

#12 @Yarn-Lady world postcard day official card

#13 @ladybug513 fall colors. I unfortunately had to recently remove a 40+ year old Oak tree in my front yard due to disease. I miss it.

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA a weird art card depicting a crowd at the feet of a ?

#19 @ellistrations Goosebumps worms!! Happy birthday!!!

#20 @Hazygirl luncheon on the grass art. Ladies in "dress"es. I agree there’s got to be some worms here.

#22 @uconn antique dolls in 'dress’es and a creepy head.

#24 @roxy Halloween graveyard

#26 @sarahaeyo I love this lady on her scooter.

5 Likes

#25 jocrafts here:
I’m feeling the need to update my sents because I’m trickling my way through them this time.

I’ve sent: #7,10,11, 17, 23, 24, 30

1 Like