[RR] North American October 2021 Round Robin - The Spooktacular Card Edition - Closed!

#28 @TwoDoggies reports:

A bit behind schedule this month.

Cards for numbers 1 through 15 will be in tomorrow’s mail.

2 Likes

#17 reporting some more cool card arrivals

#1 @cawindt A Michigan sunset card. Great card. I imagine that the people watching the sunset are you and William. Cool vintage stamps

#6 @mikeyz1 a picture from a scene in Tom Sawyer, where Tom Sawyer is watching Joe Harper painting the white picket fence. Great scene. Cool vintage stamps. The postmark didn’t touch the stamps, but the postal machinery did rub about half of one of the stamp pictures off. Hope you all got over your colds quickly. I had a cold about a month ago. I almost never get sick, and it was the worst cold I’ve had in a very long time. It only lasted about 3 days, though. Yes, schools are great at being spreaders of illness.

#21 @Beachyblonde Happy Halloween, illustrated with 10 Halloween-themed stamps from US and Canada. Neat.

1 Like

#6 reporting

#29 @melvnoble sent a great painting card with the Statue of Liberty! Beautiful!

1 Like

#21 @Beachyblonde Cute Halloween card! Thank you for the great card!
#29 @melvnoble Vintage Golden Temple of Jehol, Chicago Worlds Fair. Thank you! I do like this card!

To Receive: 20, 25, 27, 28

1 Like

@28 @TwoDoggies reporting:

All of the remaining cards in this group will be in today’s mail.

1 Like

#23 reporting:

#1 @cawindt - A lovely “Time Out” card of a beach in Michigan. When we take beach vacations, we are out in the sand and gentle waves at sunrise and sunset. The rest of the daytime is spent sightseeing or reading and relaxing indoors. Thanks to the “muddy Mississippi” our Louisiana beaches are very different—let’s just say you’ll never find a Louisiana beach scene on a postcard :wink:

#4 @jenhart - Such an adorable Halloween card of a precious green-eyed sweetie coming out of a jack-o-lantern! My daughter was very fearful of all things costume–Chuck-E-Cheese characters, mascots, etc. We actually had to avoid those aisles in stores while Halloween decorations were on display. It took almost 30 years for her to overcome, so now we really enjoy the celebration and the decor. It’s a fun holiday AND it’s in the Fall!

#6 @mikeyz1 - A cool retro card of a mobile home dealer. I’m old enough to remember riding in cars like the ones in the background. No seat belts, dibs on window seats, and getting carsick regularly. Mom kept Fresca cans in the trunk to help settle my stomach when it hit me. Yes, simpler times that I totally don’t want to revisit! I loved school because I didn’t have to ride in the car wherever Mama would go.

#9 @mere5oh - 6th Annual Southwestern Meet-Up card, with a beautiful view of Balloons participating in the Balloon Fiesta. So many things celebrated in a very special way. The cancellation is so cool, too! You have an awesome hobby, Meredith!

#12 @teddypostcrossing - I love the Autumn Skies & Apple Pies - of course! It’s my husband’s favorite. Mine is the Derby Pie, basically a pecan pie with some bourbon and a layer of dark chocolate inside! I had it for dessert at Randolph’s restaurant at Nottoway Plantation and spent years looking for the recipe (pre-internet). Since we got our Tom Cat “fixed” he seldom has injuries, just the inevitable weight gain. Your Halloween stamp is awesome, and I love your decorative stickers!

#21 @Beachyblonde - Happy World Postcard Day card! I’m excited for the variety of WPD postcards I’ve received this month. I don’t know how you manage to do everything you do, but I’m glad you have the energy and the gift to do it all!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip - Great Organ Pipe Cactus card! When I first retired, I moved to the Ouachita Mountains in Arkansas. Compared to SW Louisiana, the climate was wonderful. I loved having 4 true seasons. Five years later, my adult children decided to start their families, so I’m back, excited to be a grandmother. I’ll always treasure those years in paradise though!

2 Likes

Just a quick note to let everyone know that after I update October this evening, I will be opening up November. I’ll post a link here once it’s open.

5 Likes

[b]#3p/b] rec’d

#21 @Beachyblonde love love love this card!!! I decide what grows in my garden!! Very well put!!
#29 @melvnoble very weird painting out of Scotland! Love the hand sticker and stamp! I need to listen to podcasts!

Thank you both!

1 Like

#20 @Triol a diving king fisher so blue truly like it.a good fall and Halloween to u as well. Thanks

1 Like

Thanks #29 @melvnoble for the cool vintage card of the McKinley Methodist Church in Poland, Ohio. Cool architecture. Great Halloween stamps and sticker :slight_smile:

1 Like

#15 NittanyLionRI reporting

#20 @Triol - thank you for the Autumn Lou Paper card. It was the only season I was missing in my collection😁

1 Like

Updated!

1 Like

November is open!!

1 Like

#20 - Triol
I received a lot of beautiful cards!!!Thank you so much to all!! I like each card!!!

#1 @cawindt

#2 @Sunshein

#3 @Cruzin

*#4 @jenhart

#5 @carolreader :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

#9 @mere5oh

#10 @emotis

#11 @PostAddy

#12 @teddypostcrossing

#13 @ladybug513

#14 @dnrhott

#15 @NittanyLionRI

#16 @CrimsonKing

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA :heart: :heart: :heart:

#18 @scoutingbear

#19 @ellistrations

#21 @Beachyblonde :heart: :heart: :heart:

#22 @uconn

#23 @normajean

#24 @roxy

#25 @jocrafts

#26 @alcott1

#27 @KeKet :heart: :heart: :heart:

#29 @melvnoble

#30 @RockyRoadTrip :heart: :heart: :heart:

5 Likes

This one is actually from me!

2 Likes

@melvnoble
Oh ,so sorry! Exactly this is your amazing card!!
I corrected!

2 Likes

#11 received

#20 @Triol sent a cute Halloween card. Thanks, Olga.

2 Likes

#24 reporting in with thanks to:

#2 @Sunshein for a fun Bob Dylan postcard. I will have to find that medium.com article!

#5 @carolreader for the great art piece Food City by Richard Estes, 1967. I love this one!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA for the great Bean Blossom covered bridge in Brown County, Indiana. A new one for my collection!

#19 @ellistrations for the LP Olympic National Park camper van poster card. How I <3 VW vans!!

#26 @alcott1 for the Chatham Lighthouse in Cape Cod. I’ve been yearning to get back to Cape Cod. Some day!

3 Likes

#4 @jenhart with a big batch to report:

#1 @cawindt : beautiful Great Lakes sunset. People who have never been in the Midwest underestimate how pretty it really is.

#6 @mikeyz1 : beautiful Marshall Point Lighthouse. Cats are adorable - real or little girls for Halloween :heart:

#9 @armadillogal : New Mexico meet up card. I hope you had fun. There are 3 of us in the Charlotte area in this RR, maybe I’ll get a meet-up someday!

#12 @teddypostcrossing : beautiful view from Colorado. I wish our library had plants, but the head librarian and I would definitely kill them :laughing:

#14 @dnrhott : American Gothic painting. This is one of my favorite paintings. My daughter is a painter and has done many “parodies” of this. Love it!

#21 @Beachyblonde : terrific Tennessee World Postcard Day card. :sunglasses:

#25 @jocrafts : Diamond Head Lighthouse. I need friends who live in more interesting places, like you!!

#27 @KeKet : Will Rogers card. The famous people from South Carolina who our schools are named after are more … problematic. Strom Thurmond anyone?

#29 @melvnoble : nightview of Pittsburgh. I’ve lived in SC for 16 years and it’s still weird to think I am a resident of the South :laughing:

#30 @RockyRoadTrip : great illustrated Apple Print of Central Park. I love this art style.

Thank you!!!

3 Likes

@mikeyz1 #6 – Great Smoky Mountains–my favorite National Park
@Triol #20 – Glencairn–what a beautiful building!
@Beachyblonde #21 – Happy Autumn to you too! The trees here are beginning to turn–this may be the supreme weekend!
Thank you!

2 Likes