[RR] North American October 2021 Round Robin - The Spooktacular Card Edition - Closed!

[b]#3p/b] rec’d

#21 @Beachyblonde love love love this card!!! I decide what grows in my garden!! Very well put!!
#29 @melvnoble very weird painting out of Scotland! Love the hand sticker and stamp! I need to listen to podcasts!

Thank you both!

1 Like

#20 @Triol a diving king fisher so blue truly like it.a good fall and Halloween to u as well. Thanks

1 Like

Thanks #29 @melvnoble for the cool vintage card of the McKinley Methodist Church in Poland, Ohio. Cool architecture. Great Halloween stamps and sticker :slight_smile:

1 Like

#15 NittanyLionRI reporting

#20 @Triol - thank you for the Autumn Lou Paper card. It was the only season I was missing in my collection😁

1 Like

Updated!

1 Like

November is open!!

1 Like

#20 - Triol
I received a lot of beautiful cards!!!Thank you so much to all!! I like each card!!!

#1 @cawindt

#2 @Sunshein

#3 @Cruzin

*#4 @jenhart

#5 @carolreader :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

#9 @mere5oh

#10 @emotis

#11 @PostAddy

#12 @teddypostcrossing

#13 @ladybug513

#14 @dnrhott

#15 @NittanyLionRI

#16 @CrimsonKing

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA :heart: :heart: :heart:

#18 @scoutingbear

#19 @ellistrations

#21 @Beachyblonde :heart: :heart: :heart:

#22 @uconn

#23 @normajean

#24 @roxy

#25 @jocrafts

#26 @alcott1

#27 @KeKet :heart: :heart: :heart:

#29 @melvnoble

#30 @RockyRoadTrip :heart: :heart: :heart:

5 Likes

This one is actually from me!

2 Likes

@melvnoble
Oh ,so sorry! Exactly this is your amazing card!!
I corrected!

2 Likes

#11 received

#20 @Triol sent a cute Halloween card. Thanks, Olga.

2 Likes

#24 reporting in with thanks to:

#2 @Sunshein for a fun Bob Dylan postcard. I will have to find that medium.com article!

#5 @carolreader for the great art piece Food City by Richard Estes, 1967. I love this one!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA for the great Bean Blossom covered bridge in Brown County, Indiana. A new one for my collection!

#19 @ellistrations for the LP Olympic National Park camper van poster card. How I <3 VW vans!!

#26 @alcott1 for the Chatham Lighthouse in Cape Cod. I’ve been yearning to get back to Cape Cod. Some day!

3 Likes

#4 @jenhart with a big batch to report:

#1 @cawindt : beautiful Great Lakes sunset. People who have never been in the Midwest underestimate how pretty it really is.

#6 @mikeyz1 : beautiful Marshall Point Lighthouse. Cats are adorable - real or little girls for Halloween :heart:

#9 @armadillogal : New Mexico meet up card. I hope you had fun. There are 3 of us in the Charlotte area in this RR, maybe I’ll get a meet-up someday!

#12 @teddypostcrossing : beautiful view from Colorado. I wish our library had plants, but the head librarian and I would definitely kill them :laughing:

#14 @dnrhott : American Gothic painting. This is one of my favorite paintings. My daughter is a painter and has done many “parodies” of this. Love it!

#21 @Beachyblonde : terrific Tennessee World Postcard Day card. :sunglasses:

#25 @jocrafts : Diamond Head Lighthouse. I need friends who live in more interesting places, like you!!

#27 @KeKet : Will Rogers card. The famous people from South Carolina who our schools are named after are more … problematic. Strom Thurmond anyone?

#29 @melvnoble : nightview of Pittsburgh. I’ve lived in SC for 16 years and it’s still weird to think I am a resident of the South :laughing:

#30 @RockyRoadTrip : great illustrated Apple Print of Central Park. I love this art style.

Thank you!!!

3 Likes

@mikeyz1 #6 – Great Smoky Mountains–my favorite National Park
@Triol #20 – Glencairn–what a beautiful building!
@Beachyblonde #21 – Happy Autumn to you too! The trees here are beginning to turn–this may be the supreme weekend!
Thank you!

2 Likes

#17 reporting a cool card arrival

#20 @Triol A USA map card from my favorites. Thanks!

2 Likes

#5 reporting:

#3 @cruzin – What a wonderful quote! “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” Thank you! I love Fall, and October, too.

#9 @mere5oh – What a great meet-up card! Great design, Meredith. Thank you. I got an email from Sam Quito sometime before World Postcard Day, talking about how to get a special cancellation, but I didn’t act on it. Hope the meet-up was fun.

#10 @emotis –A giant bat, from the Louisville Slugger Museum. Thanks – great addition to my collection. About my Flickr account: I’ve had one since around 2008, but in 2012, I stopped uploading RR cards. About two months ago, I decided to start using it again. I have uploaded all my museum cards and I’m about 75% through my art cards. I’m not sure how far I’ll go with it, but I’m really enjoying going through the cards once more.

You can see my postcards for this RR here.

4 Likes

#19 ellistrations received

#30 @RockyRoadTrip - a rocking chair, thank you! This one makes me laugh, as the focus is on the chair but the guy is also shown passed out semi out of focus.

1 Like

Received:

#1 @cawindt sent a beautiful view of Michigan’s autumn mist. I love pretty autumn views.
#3 @cruzin sent a great real photograph of the Queen, Queen Mum and other royal family members.
#7 @treeclimber sent a wonderful vintage card - a glimpse of Ramona’s marriage place in San Diego. Ramona was the heroine in the novel of the same name by Helen Hunt Jackson. Fascinating.
#8 @Shesa-Renegade sent a card featuring potato farms in Maine. Yay, potato cards are hard to come by!
#9 @mere5oh sent a fun card from the 6th annual Southwestern Meet-up - beautiful design! I only recognize two names on it.
#12 @teddypostcrossing sent a great carnivorous plant illustration
#13 @ladybug513 sent the Marco Beach Hotel Villas/Country Club - wonderful multiview featuring many of the amenities.
#15 @NittanyLionRI sent a beautiful multiview of Rhode Island from my faves.
#16 @crimsonking sent a Route 66 sign. Every time I get a Route 66 card I sigh wistfully wishing I could have seen it in it’s heyday.
#18 @scoutingbear sent a fun vintage ad reprint for Peerless clothes wringers. Thank goodness we have today’s technology for laundry!
#22 @uconn sent a vintage San Francisco card featuring the crookedest street in the world
#23 @normajean sent a card featuring the John P Cable Grist Mill in the Great Smoky Mountains. Great choice!
#29 @melvnoble sent a card of the Soldier’s Monument, River Side Cemetery in Poland, OH
#30 @RockyRoadTrip made my day with a wunnerful wunnerful Lawrence Welk postcard!

8 Likes

October 2021 NARR Report #3

Wrapping up October

#06 @MikeyZ1: sent a vintage linen shot of Conrad Schuck’s Wonder House in Barstow, FL. At the time of its building the eighteen room home was heralded for its design innovations, but concrete bones for keeping cool and a fish pond on the third story porch don’t hold that much appeal, to me at least. Believe it or not, the place still exists, but tours are by appointment only and at $25 a person. Interesting attraction oddity. Thanks!

#18 @ScoutingBear : sent a terrific addition for my bathroom humor collection. This show a giant redwood tree log, on its side, and hollowed out to be his and hers restrooms! From what I can determine, the place no longer exists, though a competitive object d’art has sprung up in the same town - Garborville, CA – which features a whole home drilled out of a redwood log. Thanks!

#20 @Triol: sent a whimsical cartoon illustration of Ichabod Crane racing his sorry horse across the Old North Church bridge in Sleep Hollow, just narrowly escaping the legendary Headless Horseman. Terrific new card of the classic story. Thanks!

#21 @BeachyBlonde: sent an amazing new addition to my cryptids collection – Mothman! And an illustrated Lantern Press card to boot! The most legendary cryptid in West Virginia, one town actually hosts a Mothman Museum and annual festival! If I wasn’t so scared of West Virginia itself, I would definitely go to this! Thanks!

#27 @Keket: sent the incredible “Witches on the Sabbath” painting by Luis Ricardo Falero. Talk about empowering women! You don’t want to mess with this bunch! Very classy Halloween card, thanks!

#28 @TwoDoggies: sent a shot of hikers heading along Pico Peak in winter! The base of the mountain used to be along the Appalachian Trail until it was rerouted (with Vermont’s The Long Trail) in the ‘90s. Now there is their own Pico trail. It’s in the Green Mountains and is part of the Killington Ski Resort. Nice shot. Thanks!

Okay, that closes out October for me. All cards received. Thanks!

In addition, all my Oct. cards have been mailed…

You can view all these incoming October cards HERE…

Rocky Road Trip #30

4 Likes

Checking in with a really nice card from:

#10~ @emotis~Thank you for this pretty card from Congaree National Park. A beautiful barred owl is on the front and I read about the Firefly Festival and Firefly Trail on the back. What a cute Frankenstein sticker! Thank you! Hopefully you will make it to the park on your next visit.

2 Likes

#20-Triol

I received today amazing card with map of USA from #6 @mikeyz1
Thank you so much,Mike for such beautiful card!!

1 Like