[RR] North American May 2021 RR - The May We Be Able to Travel Soon Edition - Closed

#7 @treeclimber - Pretty floral fabric design. Sounds like you’re going to have a great garden full of yummy veggies! Thank you!
#11 @TandemStoker - Joshua Tree NP vintage poster style. Thank you! I have been to this NP a looooong time ago. Think I need to revisit sometime soon!
#20 @Triol - Bleeding Heart flowers. Thank you! The kids and I will be traveling to ID, WY, UT, CO, and AZ soon. Can’t wait!
#22 @TwoDoggies - Great hot air balloon card! Thank you! Good luck with the new book club! I hope it works out. :slight_smile:
#23 @Nique - Thank you for the great sunset tree card! The story behind my username is I used to want to be a police officer a long time ago, so my username is half my real name and 5-oh, slang for cop. And, yes! We love hosting exchange students, and we will be hosting our 6th this coming school year - a girl from Germany! And, YES! I’ve been on several hot air balloon rides! They are great fun, but I prefer the chase more. :slight_smile:
#24 @roxy - Lovely illustration of Pansies, Poppies, and Sweet Peas seed packet. Thank you!
#27 @HookedonPostcards - YES! One of my favorite FAVS! toilet paper roll on a stick with the first three sheets of the Canadian flag and a message, “sending love from Canada!” Thank you!
#29 @melvnoble - An adorable lion cub! Thank you! Send your rain our way. We need it!
#30 @RockyRoadTrip - Mmmm a recipe card for Orange Meringue Pie from my favs. This sounds delicious! Thank you!

16,17,18,21,22,25,28,29 to mail tomorrow, 5/25

To Receive: 1,10

1 Like

#23 :wave:

Alittle bit of sand…

@FrogSalad #28

I hope you enjoyed alot of quality time with your dear Mum and sister :revolving_hearts:
Impressive you know how to crochet! I have faith in you that it will be done come Autumn​:maple_leaf::fallen_leaf:

And look! Snow!!

@BarbL #14

Your garden sounds positively delish😋 You are so ambitious!!

#7 checking in… received from all :slight_smile:

#30 @RockyRoadTrip - beautiful gold poppies with cactus in the desert. I didn’t know they were edible.

#29 - Lots to report!

#7 @treeclimber - Thank you for Mario & Luigi! I am still an avid video gamer. My boyfriend likes a wider variety than my casual style, but it’s fun to play together!

#11 @TandemStoker - Thank you for this view of Denver, Colorado! The rock painting sounds like such a sweet thing to make people smile! Love it!

#16 @hootnoodle - Thank you for this adorable illustration! Love the owl. Also just read the back and saw the “offering” of three fat mice from the squirrels and that’s…uh…not as adorable! :laughing:

#17 @dnrhott - Thank you for the Zebra fun facts! Zebras are pretty cool. I always just figured they were multicolored but hey that’s cool science can say they’re black with white stripes!

#20 @Triol - Thank you for this Lord of the Rings postcard! My boyfriend and I watched the movies again a few months ago. Such fun!

#22 @TwoDoggies - Thank you for this quirky card reminding folks to stay 6 feet from others! I like having my personal bubble, so I hope this sticks around!

#27 @HookedonPostcards - Thank you for this postcard of the book Our Grandmothers, Ourselves: Reflections of Canadian Women! It sounds like such a powerful book.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip - Thank you for this Moon Phase 2021 Calendar! The next full moon is tomorrow morning, but I’ll probably go look at it tonight since it’ll be after sunrise at its fullest.

See all the postcards I’ve received for this monthly RR here!

1 Like

20 - @Triol - A lovely basket of yarn and knitting!
22 - @TwoDoggies - a map of the NY subway system - I love metro maps!

Thank you both so much for the great cards!

I have received all of my cards!

#21 Beachyblonde

#20 @Triol Thank you for the awesome Women of Science (Wang Zhenyi) postcard! I hope your lilac is doing well!

#29 @melvnoble Thank you for the spectacular beach postcard! Thrift stores are the best place to pick up some nice art work!! Good luck!!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip Thank you for the intense Superman ride at Six Flags postcard! I never got the nerve to ride those, I like the older ones as well!

#4 jaqueposts received:

#20 @Triol thank you for this lovely New Jersey postcard! I lived there for about a year, but I never went to the beach! I was too busy working back then :frowning:

#22 @TwoDoggies I love this enchanting illustration. I hope your book study is going well, I’m sure they are excited to have you as their new member!

#27 @HookedonPostcards gorgeous postcard of Boldt Castle! A cruise through the 1000 islands sounds wonderful!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip I am in love with this old school Halloween postcard. Fall is closer than I realized! I can’t wait :ghost:

1 Like

#30 @RockyRoadTrip – Wonderful shelf of old children’s book. I’d love to visit the Bodleian Library!
Thank you!

#6 @mikeyz1 Thank you for the postcard. I guess it’s sort of an ad card for Eurailpass (1959-1989). But, it’s also a view card. I have also ridden trains between cities in Europe but on a straight-up ticket, no Eurailpass. I wish I had the kind of time it might take to go exploring on a pass. Someday…

#1 @cawindt - a beautiful view of the medieval village of Biot, France. It looks like you, too, stocked up on postcards when traveling long before postcrossing. That looks like such a special place to visit. Thank you from #16.

#5 reporting:

#4 @jaqueposts – Morikama Park - a Japanese bamboo grove in Florida! I would so love to visit here; it looks so peaceful. I also love the vintage Snow White stamp. Thank you!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip – Oh, no! A tableful of identical Rocky’s, each staring at each other and all wearing pork-pie hats! Interesting that a 1920’s photographer put this shot together. Thank you for the great, weird card!

1 Like

#29 - a few lovely postcards!

#1 @cawindt - Thank you for this beautiful view of Eze-Village in the French Riviera! I hope the end of the school year has gone well for you and you can get a much-deserved break!

#10 @emotis - Thank you for this Lou Paper card with all kinds of mail-related and stationery imagery! I was surprised with the late cold and wintry weather too but it’s been hot hot hot lately!

#23 @Nique - Thank you for this adorable kitty! I don’t think I’ve heard of the Spree Killer. I’ve listened to so many podcasts about so many true crime stories, so I’ll have to look it up!

See all the postcards I’ve received for this monthly RR here!

1 Like

More fabulous postcards to report on:

#9 @mere5oh sent a card for the David Thompson Motor Inn in Kamloops BC. The notes from the original owner on the card add a special touch. $10 for a single bed?!!? Wow!

#22 @TwoDoggies sent a Lou Paper card with gorgeous floral art

#28 @FrogSalad sent a very appropriate card - “Easily distracted by cats & yarn”. Super cute!

#29 @melvnoble sent an illustration of an unidentified building’s front face circa 1797. Yes, I did own a lava lamp. I lugged it back on the plane with me from my very first visit to California… it seemed like a very California souvenir to me at the time.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip sent me the Elvis postage stamp voting card - how on earth I didn’t have one of these in my collection is beyond me but now I do. I would have voted for the fat Elvis stamp had I been eligible to vote. (The Scooby Doo stickers were so cute!)

Thank you again everyone! I appreciate all the effort you put in to choosing and writing and decorating your cards so much!

1 Like

@TandemStoker #11 Thanks for the great CO card! No, I won’t be home this summer. My schooling is now year-round so I don’t get summer breaks anymore. I plan to be home for the winter holidays, though.
@hootnoodle#16 Thanks for the neat card from Vietnam. Those round boats are pretty interesting. I feel like I wouldn’t be very good at steering them.

#10 emotis rec’d

#1 @cawindt Love this Yellowstone card! And yes… hoping to be Up North in August!! Woohoo for vaccinations! (And happy your postcard walked to Dayton after being postmarked on May 10 …) :laughing:
#20 @triol I love Lou Paper cards… and this mammals card is so cute!
#24 @roxy Quebec LL card. The are great cards to receive… and I love the postage you used too.
#29 @melvnoble Coffee! Yes, Starbucks and Dunkin are both frequently visited.
#30 @RockyRoadTrip The Universe of Energy in Epcot. I remember when I was little that we would go this ride when t was raining or unbelievably hot (since it took forever…) I miss that ride!

To Receive: 27, 28,

I think @mikeyz1 holds on to all my mail passing through Toledo on its way to you. :rofl:

2 Likes

I think @mikeyz1 holds on to all my mail passing through Toledo on its way to you. :rofl:

Typical!

2 Likes

Haha. I am hoarding a lot of postcards!

2 Likes

Reporting received cards:
#1 @cawindt - Vera Rubin … looking to the stars. I wonder what she’d think of all the space junk floating around after satellites ‘expire’, then fall back down on us? It’s cool here, also, though we did have 3 days of hot, hot, hot.
#7 @treeclimber - love the Postallove heart pizza! Great stamps, of artist/writer. Thank you for your thoughtfulness there. Our tomatoes are happy, and surviving. Whew!
#9 @mere5oh - fabulous Covid postcard. Thank you! Miles Merci! Ontario just approved vaccines for 12-and-up in hotspots.
#11 @TandemStoker - Thank you for sharing your own b/w work! My partner is a serious arts photographer, so I appreciate what goes into one’s efforts; darkroom, digital, and then the choosing of purpose/audience. So, I am especially grateful that you shared one of your own creations! :hugs:
#22 @TwoDoggies - LOVE “Young Girl Reading”. Thank you. And you made me chuckle when I got to the punchline of your note about joy. :laughing: I’m heavily into poetry these days.

Thank you all for spring sunshine in my mailbox! :sun_with_face:

1 Like

#23 :wave:

@johnbradleytlh #2

I don’t know if many of you know this, both John and I worked at Walt Disney World!

This postcard made me super happy! If you make more I would definitely buy some off ya!!

“First, think. Second, dream. Third, believe. And finally, dare.”
- Walt Disney

3 Likes