[RR] North American May 2021 RR - The May We Be Able to Travel Soon Edition - Closed

@melvnoble #29 Beautiful card from Hawaii. Thank you! Have you been?

#11 TandemStoker. Thank you to ā€¦ :heart:

#29 @melvnoble
Keep Calm and Love New Mexico. We need to spend more time in NM. Definitely AZ to see cactus - theyā€™re everywhere and wonderful! Thanks Mel!

#8 Reporting that all cards have been received!

#11 @TandemStoker sends an illustrated card advertising the zoo at Regents Park. I love sitting in my backyard in the mornings, too. Bird watching has become such a lovely thing to do.

#27 @HookedonPostcards sends a beautiful view card of Boldt Castle. I would love to go on that boat and see this lovely castle. You have really intrigued me with what you wrote and I am going to have to read up on the history of this place! Great washi and stickers, too. I think I also want to get one of the ā€œthank you mail carrierā€ stamps nowā€¦haha.

2 Likes

No, I havenā€™t! It seems like a lovely place though!

#27 Received today from #29, @melvnoble a terrific galpals postcard, ā€œReading lessonā€. LOVE IT! :heart: :heartpulse: :blue_heart: Thank you!
As you are currently reading about pirates, I recently heard an interesting podcast on the life of Zheng Yi Sao. Most interesting! How a woman achieves autonomy in a dangerous manā€™s world ā€¦

1 Like

#19 ellistrations received

#10 @emotis - Ohio Lou Paper, thank you! Iā€™m a huge wimp with bugs as well. If I do anything in the yards itā€™s while itā€™s raining when the bugs are hiding.

#16 reporting:

#23 @Nique - A Greetings from Canada card, with map, and lots of facts. Thank you. You asked a couple of questions. Hootnoodle was an extra middle name given to me as a child by my father, as in ā€œMary Middle Hootnoodle Lastā€. My older brother and next sister got similar silly names, but I donā€™t remember them for the two youngest sibs who came along several years later. As for Bookcrossing, Iā€™ve cut way back in the last year and a half. I used to leave books everywhere - grocery store, doctorā€™s office, bus stop, laundromats, park picnic tables, etc., with a sticky note on the front, with ā€œFree Book, See Inside Coverā€. Iā€™ve gone inside almost no buildings in months, and early in the pandemic thought it unlikely that people would be willing to pick up stray books lying around. Iā€™m going to start again soon. I love the Little Free Libraries. I donā€™t have one, but have left my books in some.

2 Likes

#5 reporting:

#8 @Shesa-Renegade ā€“ haha! Another card in the ā€œmonkeyā€ series, or whatever this series is called. I like it! Thanks! I like Lady Gaga too, but Iā€™ve only watched ā€œA Star is Bornā€ once ā€“ in a theater, in what seems like a long time ago!

#10 @emotis ā€“ The National WWII Museum in New Orleans. The part about following an individual soldierā€™s experience does sound way cool! Thank you! Wish I could visit, but probably not soon.

#20 @triol - A newly married couple arguing over directions ā€“ thank you for a card from my favorites. Yes, Iā€™m looking forward to a better summer this year, too!

1 Like

#22 received from #10 @emotis an awesome train card from Virginia City, Nevada. Your mini-trip sounds interesting. Iā€™ve been to an old copper mine but never anything that was still active. Did you get to ride the train?

#23 :wave:

From #1 @cawindt

What beautiful :writing_hand:handwriting you have Craig! When the border reopens I hope we can meet face to face :upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face: One day :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

#23 :wave: again!

#6 @mikeyz1

Oh what JOY your daughterā€™s chalk drawings must bring to your postal & parcel delivery carriers. It makes me smile just thinking about itšŸ˜Š

#7 @treeclimber

Zentangles? I must go and find out what those are! You sound very creative DebšŸŒ 

A coworker of mine has a daughter named Charlotte. I am going to bring your postcard into work for her to show her :hugs:

#11 @TandemStoker

Your :postbox: :love_letter: brought happiness to my dayā€‹:high_brightness: Thank you so much for it Shirleyā€‹:bangbang:

#1 @cawindt Provence France. The card came from a trip Craig took in 2003! Beautiful flowers, grapes and olives! Thank you!

#10 @emotis cute covid card! I remember when I was in high school living in Illinois, and we had a visit from the Cicadas. They were everywhere! It was awful when they would fall out of the trees and onto your head! At least they are only around for the summer.

I have sent all cards a few days ago & now have received all cards for the month!

Some of you had me skipping home from the :mailbox_with_mail: this morning!

#13 @ladybug513 A :closed_book:, an :icecream:and a :beach_umbrella: - hope you have many of these perfect kind of days this Summer :high_brightness:

#22 @TwoDoggies I just KNOW the :books: members have fallen in :heart: with you already! Your study sounds intriguing :thinking: May you get LOTS of :slightly_smiling_face:'s out of it!!

#26 @alcott1 We too had a :wind_face: day yesterday! Low 80ā€™s sound divine! Canā€™t go wrong wearing :shorts: and sandles all day. Enjoyed seeing both the :us: and :canada: on the front of your :love_letter:

#29 @melvnoble My stomach was grumbling after receiving your postcard :hamburger: :bacon: :pretzel: :wink:

#3 recā€™d

#1 @cawindt a great Margaret Hamilton (Wizard of Oz) card!! Been back a full day nowā€¦itā€™s just weird, overwhelmingā€¦
#2 @johnbradleytlh great mermaid card from Coco Beach!
#4 @jaqueposts awesome illustrated art card :heart: !! Good luck on the job !!
#5 @carolreader. Great dog card!! Iā€™ve always had dogs and cats. This is the first time with no cat. Great dog stamp too!
#6 @mikeyz1 Surfside Sex book cover!! Havenā€™t watched From here to Eternity in a long long time! Great stamps!
#7 @treeclimber Little Mermaid visual development art. Your garden sounds so wonderful!!
#8 @Shesa-Renegade watercolor by Willam Sommer. I normally write at the dining room table -but I can see the TV from there!
#9 @mere5oh LP Rocky Mountain NP. That is too bad about not being able to drive thru the park - but itā€™s hard when on schedules.
#10 @emotis LP Camp Curry, Yosemite. I have a friend who photographs NPā€™s - she has some great photos from Yosemite. Let me know if you want her IG tag to look at them
#11 @TandemStoker Hollywood! Iā€™m back in TX to sell the house. So need to start purging, maintenance, and on the market it goes.
#12 @Yarn-Lady The Graduate movie poster! Yes, first time out of the car in TX - was like ā€œwho left the oven on?ā€
#13 @ladybug513 great B&W Hack Daniels safe. Wow - I had no clue that Jack Daniels died from kicking it!
#14 @BarbL great funky card! Love it! Loved the Haiku you wrote!
#15 @AccentOnHakes Great illustration _ London Hippodrome. Yep, selling and then back to CA!
#16 @hootnoodle Sergio Cruz art. It first time out and about felt weird for me!
#17 @dnrhott nice starfish card!thank you for the safe travel wishes! Good Luck with your dream job!
#18 @theosprey247 LP Day of the Dead card! I love Day of the Dead cards!
#19 @ellistrations Bernese Mountain dog!!! My friends daughter came by yesterday to show me her 10 week old Berners-doodle. Puppies just melt your heart!!
#20 @Triol beautiful mermaid card!! I think I passed s-ring on my road trip back to TX. Because it definitely isnā€™t spring here!
#21 @Beachyblonde LP Bere Karcher vintage art poster! I did the ancestry test - was a little surprised, but not much.
#22 @TwoDoggies Cats or dogs or both. Both!! Glad you had a great Motherā€™s Day!
#24 @roxy Blues band! I like a bunch of genres for music - depends on what Iā€™m in a mood for.
#25 @jocrafts Bernese Mountain Dog!! Hope you get your dog and the name to go with it!
#26 @alcott1 Route 66! Lol!! Uranus 66! Love it1
#28 @FrogSalad beautiful art with sugar skull! Love Danny Elfman - Oingo Boingo!
#29 @melvnoble Bruce McCall! The ice cream sounds so good!
#30 @RockyRoadTrip such a cute cat illustration!! Kittens!!! How fun!!

Sorry for the long update!
Thank you all for the great cards!!

5 Likes

Three more wonderful cards have shown up in my mailbox this past week. Thank you to

#18 @theosprey247 for the awesome shot of Orange Street Alley in your city. What a cool spot!

#20 @Triol for the great Maine Coon in a snow field card. Our boy Jupiter loved a quick romp in the snowā€¦until he realized it was cold and wet. LOL I miss that boy!

#27 @HookedonPostcards for the fabulous card of Berlin in 1900. I love all of the decorations and the amazing stamps! If everything works out, we plan on going to Poland in mid July. However, we have to wait to see what the regulations will be for vaccinated Americans. We have everything booked (refundable, of course!) except the flights. So fingers crossed!

2 Likes

#4 jaqueposts received:

#11 @TandemStoker thanks for the Denver postcard! Iā€™m so excited to visit again next month! Iā€™m not much of a spicy chicken cook myself, but I love trying new Korean spots!

Two more cards from:

#6 @mikeyz1 Thank you for the White River Light Station (1875) which is now home to a maritime museum. I have an amusing potty story which I think Iā€™d better send to you in a message! Hope Villette is getting the hang of it. It seems that they just wake up one day and it all falls into place at least during the daytime hours. Good luck!

#27 @HookedonPostcards - Thank you for the wonderful rocky view of the lighthouse at Peggyā€™s Cove, Nova Scotia. Sounds like you had a good visit despite the weather. Those rocks are enormous! Love your mail carrier ink stamp!

#19 ellistrations received

#25 @jocrafts - ā€œbeaming over some good vibes,ā€ thank you! You really have some of the most colorful cards Iā€™ve seen, haha! Garden sharing sounds fun! I tried to grow cat grass and it was a total flopā€¦ Well, not totally, I got 2 sproutsā€¦

#16 reporting:

#9 @mere5oh - a beautiful LP poster for Badlands National Park. Thank you. Hope your dental problems are now resolved.

1 Like

I REALLY like your sense of humour #9 @mere5oh :rofl:
I wish you nā€™ I could go out for a couple of :tropical_drink::tropical_drink:. Now that would be FuN!

One of my faves! Thanks #20 @Triol
Youā€™ve been doing this NA RR for 8 years now? Whoa! Thatā€™s a looooooong timeā€¼

1 Like