[RR] North American May 2021 RR - The May We Be Able to Travel Soon Edition - Closed

#18 reporting

#20 @Triol sent a Cochins (Chicken breed). Thank you for the lovely card.

#20 @Triol ā€“ Thank you for the cute postcardā€“reminds me that summer is almost here!

#13 with postcards from:

#1 @cawindt - Love, love, love La Grande Fountaine which you found in a square in Saint Paul De Vence on the French Riviera. Lucky you to have seen it in person! Thank you!

#7 @treeclimber - What a beautiful kimono fabric pattern! Thank you very much! Ladybug golf balls? Iā€™m definitely painting some of these. Iā€™m pretty sure there are some golf balls laying around here somewhere!

#9 @mere5oh - a postage stamp card of the National World War II Memorial in Washington, DC. Iā€™ve actually seen this in person. Our youngest daughter lived in DC and VA for 8 years and we did a lot of sightseeing when we visited her. We loved going to Washington - so much to see and do. Thank you!

#10 @emotis - Thank you for the LP-type Acadia National Park postcard you sent! It even has a lighthouse! After doing a search, I believe it may be the Isle au Haut Lighthouse (Robinson Point).Itā€™s a great addition to my collection! Hope you get to visit Acadia in the Fall.

#11 @TandemStoker - a Greetings from ARIZONA large letter card! Thank you so much! Another great addition to another one of my slowly growing collections. Spending time with family again is wonderful. It has been a very hard year+.

#16 @hootnoodle - a rock in Zion National Park, Utah which is rather reminiscent of Uluru in Australia. Our National Parks are certainly beautiful. Interestingly, the stamps were cancelled with the stroke of a pen. I think I still have a few of the ā€œpostal peopleā€ stamps myself, although not this particular one. Thank you!

#20 @Triol - Ooh! Iā€™m excited by this Lou Paper card featuring a postal theme from my favorites! Thank you! We actually do have plans for the summer. All 14 of us are staying in one house in Cape May this July. We figure weā€™ll either have a great time, or kill each other by the end of the week!

#21 @Beachyblonde - Thank you so much for the card from the lst international Zoom meetup of Norwegian postcrosssers & friends! It looks like a good number of people participated. Bet it was fun!

#22 @TwoDoggies - a Charlie Harper ladybug! Thank you! His artwork is so happy! Good luck with the book study. I hope you enjoy it!

#23 @Nique - Thank you so much for the view of Shakespeareā€™s home in Stratford-upon-Avon. Iā€™ve read a number of his plays and really enjoy Much Ado About Nothing. Our sonā€™s twins, Keira & Ryan, are turning 9 in June. Much to Ryanā€™s chagrin, Keira arrived a minute or so before him! Twins are awesome!

#24 @roxy - Another postage stamp card this month, this one of Thurgood Marshall. Love the stickers and washi! Nice postage, too! Thank you! So many businesses have closed due to Covid. I guess we just have to look elsewhere.

#25 @jocrafts - What a great card! Shan Kelly Cecilioā€™s Limbo Like Me II. I can see why you love this artist! Great addition to my watercolor collection. Great assortment of stamps, too! Thank you!

#29 @melvnoble - a wonderful night view of fountains at the San Francisco Fair, Treasure Island 1939-1940. Thank you! Anytime I see someone working with clay, I think of the scene from Ghost!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip - a lovely field of gold poppies against a backdrop of cacti and jagged rock formations in Organ Pipe National Monument, Arizona. So many national parks that Iā€™ve never heard of. Thanks for introducing me to this one. I suppose if you can eat marigolds and pansies, you can eat poppies, too! Thank you!

1 Like

#15 bulk report.

@treeclimber #7 I didnā€™t know you scrapbooked. Sounds like a fun time, and great that you can support a local institution.
@emotis #10 NC lighthouse. Rainy day movies sounds like a fun time!
@Triol #20 Thank you for the card from NY! Yes, spring is here. I am waiting to hear Brood Xā€“though I live in the city, so Iā€™m not sure it will be as evident.
@TwoDoggies #22 Thanks for the great postcard from Jekyll Island. It sounds like you had a great Motherā€™s Day. :slight_smile:
@Nique #23 Delicious looking dessert! All the foods youā€™ve been eating sound great as well. I didnā€™t know that Hawaiian pizza was originally from Canada. Do you like pineapple on your pizza? Iā€™m a resounding yes!
@HookedonPostcards #27 Beautiful oil painting of mountains. It sounds like you truly did it all on your trip to BC. Iā€™ve been to Vancouver, but the only really touristy thing we did was visit the suspension bridge. That was cool.
@RockyRoadTrip #30! LOL, thanks for the card about the plague of manspreading. I hope nobody is spreading to 6ftā€¦anyway. I love this postcard!

2 Likes

#5 reporting:

#3 @Cruzin ā€“ Captain Picard on a UK stamp! Cool! Definitely my kind of card -thank you! And great stamps and ā€œdecorationsā€. I donā€™t even want to talk about my pandemic hair. I finally got it cut after the second vaccine waiting period.

#7 @treeclimber ā€“ I donā€™t know whatā€™s on this card either. A friend of mine also suggested Legos, but it looks to me like yellow pills in a yellow blister pack. Thanks for the unusual card! How great you can make salads from your garden!

#23 @nique ā€“ Beautiful old wooden doorway ā€“ you donā€™t see that often today! Thanks! My late husband painted our front door bright red, even though we had a conventional home. He was an artist, so could do outrageous things that still looked good.

1 Like

#22 reports received:

#23 @nique A shiny red scooter. Thank you for thinking of me.
Below is a link to an anti-snoring mouthpiece. My husband uses this and it works! Maybe you should record him snoring so he can see how bad it is?

#30 @rockyroadtrip I laughed out loud when I read the first sentence of your postcard. ā€œWell this is pretty hideous!!ā€ I totally agree. SOMEONE has way too much time on their hands if they are making bedazzled, felt, toppers for pineapples. Yee gads. When my son was much younger he bought an unfinished planter box and bedazzzled it up with ā€œMOMā€ on the front. It was so appreciated but literally hideous. I saved it for many years and one day cleaning stuff out carefully snuck it into the trash can on trash day. It was inside the trash can sitting on top. When the trash truck came, the guy opened the top and saw this hideous planter and carefully removed it, examined it and then put it in the cab of the truck. I thought SOMEONEā€™s gettin a present!

#20 @Triol Two colorful Macaws from Costa Rica. I never get tired of looking at beautiful birds. We currently have a house sparrow hanging around our back yard bird house. Every day he spends hours calling for his mate I presume, but no one ever answers or appears. This lonely bird makes me very sad.

1 Like

#20 @Triol Whoops, I hit send before I uploaded your beautiful card. Here it is.

#18 reporting

#20 @TwoDoggies sent a beautiful butterfly card. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll do fine with your book club.

#20 @Triol - a view of the ocean section of the Park Loop Road in Acadia National Park. Iā€™d love to go there! Thank you from #16.

#10 @emotis- full of purple lilies they must smell divine :blush: thanks.

#11 @TandemStoker- nice to meet you to. Dever must be nice. Thanks

#22 A field full in bloom over looking a lake and mountains thanks :blush:
Thanks all.

#7 checking inā€¦

#20 @Triol - beautiful tulips! Weā€™re in the 90s this weekend so itā€™s feeling like spring/summer. Hope youā€™re enjoying the weekend.

#8 checking in with two cards received yesterday. Itā€™s always so much fun to come home after a day away and find lovely cards in your mailbox.

#20 @Triol sends a card of Boldt Castle in New York. Thatā€™s a really pretty castle sitting right on the water. Wish I had that boat to go cruising around in, too. I am excited to be traveling to California for a week in July. Other than that, my summer plans are to relax.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip sends a card from the University of Washington in Seattle. Thatā€™s a really blue sky for Seattleā€¦haha.

Received: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30
To receive: 11, 27

#22 received

#1 @cadwindt Women in Science Alice Ball. Hope you got a lot done this weekend!

Thank you, #30 @RockyRoadTrip for the adorable cat card! Good advice on avoiding being breakfast for someone. :laughing:

Updated!

I just found another two cards that I havenā€™t reported yet! Sorry for the delay. Thank you:

#11 @TandemStoker for the awesome palm reading card. I have never had that done. Last week was the last full week of school! We just have two four day weeks and then two half-days

#22 @TwoDoggies for the wonderful Jefferson Memorial card. We took my mom out for Motherā€™s Day as wellā€¦the first time in over a year too! I love the stickers :slight_smile:

#11 @TandemStoker ā€“ Magnificent Garden of the Gods in snowā€“this would make a beautiful Christmas card. Thank you!

1 - @cawindt - Eze-Village - how beautiful - I would love to see that!
3 - @Cruzin - Victoria Crowned Pigeon - they are so pretty! Love these cards!
4 - @jaqueposts - a lenticular card of dutch kids - this is so cute and so special - I love it!
5 - @carolreader - cat doing painting - this is great! I donā€™t think mine would cooperate!
7 - @treeclimber - Rubber Duckies!!! They always make me smileā€¦ the mice ate most of my tomato plants in the greenhouse ā€“ restart begins now!
8 - @Shesa-Renegade - a vintage Whitehorse Rapids Hydro Dam - great old card!
9 - @mere5oh A Santa Fe bit of history - have to read more !
10 - @emotis - Hoover Dam! Really a wonder! Hope you had a lovely vaccinated vacation - Iā€™m ready!
11 - @TandemStoker - Winter at Garden of the Gods - Iā€™ve seen it in the summer - a wedding on 4th of July ā€“ thought we were going to melt - especially the groom in his dress blues! It is beautiful!
13 - @ladybug513 - The Old Windmill - Oh, I loved Moonspinners - also the movie with Halley Mills!
16 - @hootnoodle - Glenfinnan Viaduct with train - what a magnificent piece of work!
17 - @dnrhott - NeNe Bird - they really are quite beautiful - I grew up around NeNeā€™s!
18 - @theosprey247 - a fantasy card - Iā€™m sorry, I know nothing about the Game of Thrones
19 - @ellistrations - The Postman delivering to the Big bad Wolf who is knitting - I love this card! Must find the book!
21 - @Beachyblonde - a vintage Hoover Dame - Great view - not a common one though!
23 - @Nique - two lovely cards - how sweet - Honey and a Canada card with flag - thank you so much.
24 - @roxy - The Confederation Bridge - I so want to drive over this! It is an area I really want to visit!
27 - @HookedonPostcards - Birdsong - what a sweet card - I love it!
29 - @melvnoble - a lovely pier - would be great to be standing there - we are revisiting winter :frowning:
30 - @RockyRoadTrip - YES - this is one scary critter! The kids seem to like this human shaped duckie though! LOL

@johnbradleytlh - love the Fair flyer - thank you so much!

Thank you all for the great cards!

I am waiting on 20 and 22

4 Likes

#6 reporting

#20 @Triol sent great hot peppers from New Mexico!!!

#22 @TwoDoggies sent a great card with a quote from Voltaire. Love the barn stamp too. And I hope the book club went well!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip sent an awesome vintage WV county courthouse!

#11 TandemStoker. Thank you to ā€¦ :heart:

#20 @triol
This Cat Alphabet is adorable! What are your summer plans? Weā€™d love to go on a road trip out West to visit family ā€¦ weā€™ll just play it by ear. Thanks Olga!

#22 @TwoDoggies
These ladies by Inge Look bring me joy! Whatā€™s better than warming yourselves by the fire and filling your tummies? I am slowly starting a collection of these cards. Best wishes on your book study. Thanks Terri!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip
University of Washington, Seattle. The handful of times we visited Seattle, we were greeted with perfect weather just like the day this photo was snapped. Thanks Rocky!