[RR] North American May 2021 RR - The May We Be Able to Travel Soon Edition - Closed

Two lovelies today for #27:

• from #5 @carolreader - “Wind in the Willows” brings many happy memories from my childhood, and from reading with my children. Now, my eldest grandchild is reading from her little novels. Elsa and Arial have replaced my Alice and Nancy. :wink:
  • from #6 @mikeyz1- such a fantastic b/w photo by Gwathmey. It’s a WOW!. Not just the image, but also that you have encouraged me to look up the story behind the image PLUS the work of Gwathmey, who I have not heard of before. And then the timely Zen-ism. Yes, we must keep getting up, like the song says: Chumbawamba … get up again! :hugs:
    Joy, Joy, Joy in today’s mail!

#11 TandemStoker. More great cards! :heart:

#1 @cawindt
Nice is lovely! I’ll Bet the memories came rushing in when you found the postcards! I collected and sent postcards to family/friends long before Postcrossing and would love to stumble across them (they’re in boxes in the basement and, unfortunately, not easy to get to). We REALLY need to start getting rid of stuff (and make some fun discoveries). Great postage. Thanks Craig!

#6 @mikeyz1
Old Log Cabin Inn - Pontiac. I’m getting quite a collection of these Route 66 cards from you … thank you so much! “Small is beautiful. Old is beautiful. Slow is beautiful. Safe is beautiful.” Love it! Thanks Mike!

#7 @treeclimber
Happy to add this to my collection. A couple on a bike with a beautiful quote. Do you remember when you first learned how to ride a bike? I taught myself on a neighbor’s bike and I rode only in the grass because it didn’t hurt so much when I fell - which was a lot since there were no training wheels … LOL. I like that you placed the postage to the left of the image. Thanks Deb!

#9 @mere5oh
ADG Badlands National Park. I love the ADG style cards. Enjoy your 4-5 week road trip. You can do it. Enjoy this time and make great memories! Thanks Meredith!

#17 @dnrhott
Beautiful blue and brown butterfly. Yes, I’ve received very many lovely postcards this month. Thanks Delia!

#23 @nique
It looks like a couple at a wishing well in their native costume. I wonder if they are getting married in this pic. Happy to add this to my collection. Do you collect smashed pennies? My neighbor showed us a book she recently bought to identify the birds. Love all the hearts and stickers. Thanks Nique!

#24 @roxy
Movie poster of Alan Alda’s A New Life. I’ve never seen this movie but I really like him. My husband loves movies but we’ll still be watching them on Netflix until we feel comfortable going into theaters again. Such wonderful postage, washi, and stickers. Thanks Brenda!

1 Like

#2 reporting the following cards received:

#1 @cawindt Nice postcard. Both the city in France, and the adjective. I’ve never thought about it, but I’ve only driven manual here in flat Florida, and now I’m afraid to try in hillier terrain. LOL

#3 @Cruzin USS Missouri technical print. Even though you prefer to fly I hope you had a fun road trip.

#4 @jaqueposts South Florida Science Center and Aquarium. Brings back memories from when my parents would take me to the Orlando Science Center as a kid.

#5 @carolreader Goodyear Spirit of America blimp. I’d love to ride one of those one day.

#8 @Shesa-Renegade Shuttle carrier aircraft at Space Center Houston. I’ve always wanted to see that plane, now I know where I can.

#9 @mere5oh Vintage postcard of the Six Flags Over Georgia skyride. Skyrides were among my favorite growing up. I miss the one at Magic Kingdom.

#12 @Yarn-Lady Plane dropping fire retardant. While I don’t wish any wild fires on anyone, it would be fascinating to see one of these planes do their thing.

#13 @ladybug513 Southern Pacific Lines vintage travel poster reprint. Happy birthday to your granddaughter! Your costumes sound brilliant.

#14 @BarbL Siena vintage travel poster reprint. Very creative haikus.

#15 @AccentOnHakes Malibu “California Dreaming” vintage travel poster. I don’t remember when I learned Malibu was in CA, but if I din’t know I myself would guess Hawaii.

#16 @hootnoodle Seattle skyline at sunset. Can’t wait to see it one day from the top of the Space Needle.

#17 @dnrhott Tijuana large letter postcard. I’ve never been to Mexico but would love to one day.

#18 @theosprey247 Illustrated varieties of sushi. I’ve never tried sushi actually. Not very adventurous when it comes to food. LOL

#19 @ellistrations Boeing 747 Factory Tour. I love planes! I would’ve bought every card. I want to go on that tour so bad.

#21 @Beachyblonde Vintage postcard with an aerial view of Tucson International Airport. I’ve never flown through there either, but hopefully one day.

#23 @nique Antique maps, and lots of Calvin & Hobbes on the back! As just a high school part-timer, I was never allowed in Vista Way, but I did pick up and drop off friends there all the time.

#24 @roxy Moonlight Ottawa black & white scene. I agree very magical! Hope to visit one day.

#25 @jocrafts Vintage postcard of a group of dinosaurs at Utah’s Natural History State Park. What a fun fact.

#26 @alcott1 Postcard of the Overland Mail stamp. I wish USPS still made postcards like these.

#28 @FrogSalad New Zealand vintage travel poster reprint. NZ trip would be a dream come true. Haven’t heard of The Alarm, will have to check them out.

THANK YOU to everyone! You guys are the absolute best! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

#30 @RockyRoadTrip a majestic sunset of Florida could get lost in that view. Thank you.

#23👋

#16 @hootnoodle
What a great postcard to get to know the Evergreen State! I like the name of your city. Mt.Rainier looks majestic​:mount_fuji: Cool :dog2::dog: stamps!!

#3 @Cruzin
Love that sort of thing happens to others, not just me☺ The sticker of the female scratching her head made me LOL. You are so down to earth! Really like the postcard you chose 4 me💌

Thanks for filling my mailbox today ladies📬

1 Like

#4 reporting:

#15 @AccentOnHakes thank you for the map of Arkansas! The Sleepy Hollow stamp is probably one of my favorites!

#23 @Nique this cupcake postcard is making my mouth water! It’s so funny that you mentioned avocado toast - it’s my latest obsession! I’ve had it for breakfast everyday this week. It’s currently 6am, so I’ll be eating it again soon. YAY! I like adding balsamic to mine :drooling_face:

#29 @melvnoble thank you for the Catalunya view! Love the stickers!

1 Like

More great cards arrived yesterday:

#16 @hootnoodle sent a card from the Wanderlust series “Can I get that in a lime green?” I love that series!

#17 @dnrhott sent the caves at Carlsbad Caverns National Park - how fun that would be to explore!

#26 @alcott1 sent the living room of the Frank Lloyd Wright house - that furniture!! Drooool!

Thank you all!

MAY NARR – Report #4

Two more to report!

#20 @triol: sent a gorgeous shot of the iconic Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse in Arcadia National Park, Maine. It’s such a shame this light is fenced off to viewers, though it doesn’t stop them from getting terrific photos of it. Yes, this is the summer we can get back to get-togethers and travel. Have you booked your first post-pandemic cruise yet? Prepare for sticker shock! Thanks and take care!

#22 @TwoDoggies: sent a shot of a group of nuns huddled together, sneaking smokes! I have seen this card in people’s favorites lists before, but never knew the backstory behind it, which is: they’re actually play actors dressed as nuns for a pageant being held in Kent, England (in 1931). Thanks for solving that mystery! Great card! Good luck with you book study. You’ll do fine! Anyone who sends cards like this one is obviously worthy. Thanks!

You can view all my incoming May cards HERE…

All my outgoing May cards have been sent.

Just looking forward to: #17 and #27

Thanks!

Rocky Road Trip #30

#10 emotis reporting more wonderful cards:

#7 @treeclimber A Smurfy card. Thanks to Cici for helping you write it!
#11 @tandemstoker Amercian Gothic…Lantern Press edition. Mask restrictions have been lifted here generally, though my courthouse still requires them so my days haven’t changed much.
#22 @TwoDoggies the truest Papersisters card ever… 'You Know you are a Postcrosser when your preferred way to spend a rainy Sunday is to write and sort postcards." Though I would add… why would it have to be rainy??
#23 @Nique Gorgeous northern lights! And I am excited for my garden too. So far, not much happening. And I’m not certain if much will grow as we have a bunch of baby bunnies in the area.

To Receive: 1, 20, 24, 27, 28, 29, 30

1 Like

I would love to know what void exists between Bay City and Dayton that always holds up my cards to you! I blame Toledo!!

One to report today for #27.
Received from #16, @hootnoodle, nice Beatrix Potter - loved reading her to my children! - with colourful stamps… fave being “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow”. My annuals are planted; now, to get my herbs in the deck planter. Easy access for cooking! :wink:

#7 checking in…

#11 @TandemStoker - lovely snow covered Garden of the Gods - I have this on my list of national parks to visit

#22 @TwoDoggies - an album cover by the Beatles - have fun with your book study

#27 @HookedonPostcards - Precambrian Hills by AY Jackson of the Group of Seven - I do see the similarities

#29 @melvnoble - The Sea Pourville by Whistler - I’m looking forward to going to museums again. I’ll have to check schedules near me to see what’s coming.

Thanks Everyone!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

June is now open!

1 Like

#20 @Triol
Oh Olga you made my day :two_hearts: love the pastries postcard thank you I wish they were all real :yum: yum.

#18 reporting

#6 @mikeyz1 sent nifty Florida map card made with animals and other Florida icons.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip sent a beautiful New Jersey map. I visited Cape May as a teenager and eating tons of salt water taffy.

Thank you for the great cards.

1 Like

#22 @TwoDoggies - Chien-Shiung Wu, experimental physicist, from the Women in Science box. I enjoy learning about these smart, talented, women. Hope you really enjoy your new book study group.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip - “How to Build Community During a Pandemic”, good advice except “Dance like the world is watching”. Yikes, no thank you.

Thank you both from #16

#28 with one card today.

#22 @TwoDoggies sent a great Christopher Arndt frog card. How did your book group meeting go?

SENT ALL
To Receive: 9, 10, 20, 23, 27, 30

#14 checking in

#11 @TandemStoker sent the General Sherman Tree in Sequoia Nat’l Park! Funny you should ask about recipes - just last night I made Pesto Chicken Sliders for the first time. Delicious!!
#23 @Nique sent a Lavender Field! I love purple! I am 7th of the 8 and youngest daughter. As adults, Christmas was more about contributing something to the family feast and showing up if you were able, not buying gifts for each other. We did buy for the nieces and nephews, of which there are surprisingly few!
#30 @RockyRoadTrip sent a foal taking it’s first steps and dreaming of winning the Kentucky Derby! I don’t follow horse racing at all (tho I love this card) - is steroids a big problem?

Thanks all!!

1 Like

#8 Shesa-Renegade checking in with another received card today!!

#22 @TwoDoggies sends a beautiful double mermaid card with a dolphin. Gorgeous! I love the sound of your book study group. Don’t be nervous - you are definitely worthy and will soon wonder why you were so worried. :heart:

Received: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 28, 29
To receive: 11, 20, 27, 30

#19 ellistrations received

#20 @Triol - lock and key charms, thank you! Yay, congratulations on your blooming flower! I know how much of an accomplishment that is, especially since I can’t keep any plants alive in the bipolar weather we have here. :slight_smile:

#30 @RockyRoadTrip - photograph of a couple on a bench, thank you! I always hope benches are sturdy. Your mention of that made me laugh cause we have wooden benches here that have sat out for years in the weather. I had a friend come over (a little heavier than me) and we sat on one of the benches… His bottom fell through as the wood broke and my side was still fine.