[RR] North American June 2023 Round Robin - The School's Out Edition - Closed

26 received: 6, 10, 18, 24, 27, 29

6 @mikeyz1 - thank you for the great vote from home postcard~ honestly, access to early voting and mail-in voting is so so important and i am very proud that my state continues to keep this access on the books! there was one time where i had cut it VERY VERY close because i wasnt able to leave work on time; never again! :sweat_smile: next step, let’s make election day a national holiday for everyone! :ballot_box:

10 @emotis - SO ADORABLE! thank you so much, erin, for geetika’s le petit prince illustrated postcard! :ringer_planet: this book and story always has a special place in my heart and her illustration style fit this whimsical universe perfectly! :two_hearts:

18 @LaurenceB - thank you so much for the amazing postcard commerating great canadian women :canada: i really enjoyed hearing about your personal connection with one of the women featured too :two_hearts:; ok one last thing: THE FRANKLIN TURTLE STAMP! i had no idea that he was just a canadian thing?? a welcome blast from the past though :face_holding_back_tears::turtle:

24 @roxy - a sweeping aerial view of grand prismatic springs in yellowstone national park; thank you :national_park: the saturation on that red soil is stunning; i would love the opportunity to see it in real life one day! it is 4pm and i am just about to grab lunch myself haha :sweat_smile::takeout_box:

27 @snailmailkait - thank you so much for the cute illustrated girl postcard - getting all the springtime vibes from this :bouquet: i love how the animals also are hiding their faces haha. i hope you had a great rest of your conference! (i feel you with the ppt woes lol) :computer:

29 @melvnoble - what a handsome storefront; thank you for the gorgeous twilight view of charleston’s magnolia restaurant :city_sunset: my immediate urge was to google their menu (as usual) - everything sounds amazing but omg that crab cake :crab:, sign me up!

3 Likes

Another update has been completed. July should be opened later this evening, and LaurenceB will post a link in this thread for those who need it.

4 Likes

#22 uconn

#1 @cawindt we were impacted by the Canadian wildfire smoke here. My office let us work from home one day due to it. Thanks for this great cave card.

#23 @suatelier thanks for the Maud Lewis painting. I’ve seen a deer standing in the road like this.

#27 @snailmailkait a great Inkognito card. I love to send cards to my grandma in the nursing home. She’s doing well there and loves the mail

3 Likes

#19 received

#1 @cawindt - thank you! I’ve seen stories of the smoke going through New York. Sometimes we thought we were getting some of it here, air quality has not been good. Glad your temperatures have been good!

#6 @mikeyz1 - thank you! Haha, I laughed when I saw this! I’m so glad you’re happy. That’s what counts. I hope to never divorce, but you never really know your future.

#24 @roxy - thank you! This counts for the challenge. Oh my, what she has gotten herself into. I would be so nervous to turn the pages of this one.

#27 @snailmailkait - thank you! One thing I wish I learned while living in Hawaii was to surf. Back when I wasn’t scared of the ocean. These days I just enjoy the walks along the beach and love the wildlife.

2 Likes

#16 @jacieslar reporting:

#2 @CrimsonKing I love this postcard! The girl has such haunting blue eyes and it makes you think that she could see into your soul. Thank you.

#3 @Cruzin Thank you for the lovely Georgia Peskett card. I loved your analogy about trying to photograph sky gliders! I appreciate that the proceeds of this card go toward a charitable cause.

#4 @WrenAtTheBeach I have a special place in my camper for this great camping-themed postcard. It’s perfect for me - thanks! We leave next week for a month of camping/visiting family in Wyoming. More summer fun!

#5 @carolreader Thank you for the lovely Frederick Frieseke reprint of Through the Vines. Thank you. I hope you enjoyed the time you spent in New Mexico. It’s a beautiful and diverse state.

#6 @mikeyz1 Thank you for the beautiful card showing the Allerton Gardens and the unique stamps. I stop in Laramie, WY every summer on my way to visit family in the southwestern part of the state. As a University of Wyoming alum, I have great memories, but I’m certainly not the same person I was as a student!

#7 @Angeliz What a cute postcard showing what can happen when your cat plays in your yarn basket! It is perfect for someone like me who both crochets and does cross-stitch. Thank you for the card and also for the great stickers and washi! I’ve come home on more than one occasion and found my yarn strewn across the living room floor - dogs not cats, though!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade Thanks for the great card from Stingray City in the Cayman Islands. When we visited, we did not swim with these creatures. We would like to do a night dive/snorkel with Manta Rays on the Big Island the next time we go. My only close-up and personal experience so far was getting stung by a sand ray in Mexico. Ouch!

#9 @CStar9 What a funny “Subpar Scenery” card and its not a series I’ve seen before. So, thanks for the card and the info! It’s hard to believe anyone would think of Great Smoky Mountains National Park (or any other National Park) as subpar!

#11 @Hazygirl Thank you for the great starfish card, washi and stickers. When I’m on vacation, I love looking in tidepools at low tide to see what I can find. Our granddaughter in Ketchikan AK finds starfish that are red, orange and sometimes purple!.

#12 @Yarn-Lady Thanks for the lovely card of the Ecola State Park area in Oregon. I would love to spend a several weeks exploring the PNW. Each year we talk about it, and then don’t follow through. Maybe next year…?

6 Likes

Hello all!

I’m happy to report that July is now open for sign-ups!
Here is the thread to join:

5 Likes

#23 reporting

#29 @melvnoble thank you for the Charleston card! It’s very colourful! I hope there’s a book event so you can go back

#8 Shesa-Renegade with another received card in the mail today!

#27 @snailmailkait sent a fun card with a whole pod of bottlenose dolphins! My little heart would burst with excitement if I was there! I haven’t been to Florida in years, except to board a cruise in Miami. I really want to go swim with the manatees. Also, I’m a Navy vet (1982-1986).

Received: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 29, 30
So excited for: 1, 10, 20, 28

1 Like

#21 received:

#1 @cawindt thank you for the national parks card and Winslow Homer painting stamp! How interesting to read that some plants and animals on the Channel Islands can’t be found anywhere else on the planet! I’m so envious of your travels! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

#4 Reporting

#1 @cawindt Thank you, Craig, for the lovely Virgin Islands National Park card! Your trip sounds like it was amazing! And thank you for the warm welcome to the group! I’m happy to be here amongst such wonderful people.

#10 @emotis Thank you, Erin, for the fun Elvis card! I adore Elvis! I’ve never been to Memphis but it’s definitely on my bucket list!

Received cards to date: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30
Looking forward to: 20, 27, 28

1 Like

#6 reporting

#27 @snailmailkait sent a fun card from Frontier Days in Cheyenne WY

1 Like

Plumerias are very sweet smelling… they have a white milk that is pitchy… they are white, yellow and pink… and lots of variations in each flower. As a kid, we would pick them off of our tree (we had white and pink), string them and deliver them to the Kamehaha statue, which would get covered in long strings of them for his birthday!

1 Like

#11 hazygirl reporting
#1 @cawindt sent a great card. I’ll have to check this out!

#27 @snailmailkait sent a great old camera card. Love those cameras. I have two from my BIL who’s uncle was a prominent society photographer back in the Jackie O days

1 Like

#7 @angeliz received from

#1 @cawindt
写真 (2023-06-21 22_43_42)
Thank you for London postcard with amazing stamps. That must B-52 and hard to believe those airplane still flying!

#27 @snailmailkait
写真 2 (2023-06-21 22_43_42)
Beautiful view and flower meetup card :blush: it’s so fun to go meetup and happy to receive meetup card

Thank you so much both of you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

#17 reporting another cool card…mixed in with some other things. I need to pay attention!

#1 @cawindt A Grand Canyon illustrated-poster style card. Great card. Yes, I hope you do get to the Canyon sometime in the not too distant future. As super as all the pictures turn out, none of them can compare to actually SEEING the Canyon in person. It will blow you away.

1 Like

#12 - a delightful group of cards to report… thank you all so much!

1 @cawindt sent the Cave Dragon legend from Yellowstone National Park. Yes,I’ve been, as a little girl which caused great imaginations to run wild and about 20 (ack) years ago. I’d still love to go back again!"

3 @Cruzin sent a camel caravan in a pink desert… I love it!

4 @WrenAtTheBeach send the wonderful Old Baldy Lighthouse - the island sounds amazing!

6 @mikeyz1 sent an old circus train… I remember seeing one when I was a kid - quite exciting!

11 @Hazygirl sent Portland Head Light - such a stately lighthouse! Maine - I had a flight detoured to Portland once - I don’t think that counts!!!

18 @laurenceB sent a fabulous card — Cool Sweaters — I will be sending good thoughts for your bargaining agreement!

19 @ellistrations sent the flag of Hawaii — yep, you are biased, just like I am! Growing up there changes us!

22 @uconn a great card and stamp of a San Clemente Goat… they are amazing animals suited for those rocky and steep islands. thank you for the pairing! What a wonderful treat!

26 @sarahaeyo sent a great card of the Sandwich Islands (Hawaii) with some great illustrations!

27 @snailmailkait sent the mighty and beautiful kingfisher - fascinating birds… I have some unfinished things from long ago - almost afraid to open the boxes!

30 @RockyRoadTrip sent a traditional costume the Czech Republic – I am almost afraid to guess about the animal under his arm!

What a fun assortment of cards - thank you all so much! Hope June is going well for all of you.

5 Likes

Thank you, thank you to

#1 @cawindt ADG New York card with awesome postage. Did I ever tell you that postal math is the only kind I can do? It’s true!
#4 @WrenAtTheBeach Woohoo! A LouPaper coffee card! How clever to send in its wrapping//// will borrow that idea for sure! And yes… Postcrossers are truly the nicest people in the world!
#27@snailmailkait Love this Colorado meetup design! I hope you had fun!!!

ALL SENT
Still to receive: 15, 20, 28,

2 Likes

I was beginning to think sending the card in the sleeve is what delayed delivery for so long.

#5 has received:

#1 @cawindt - Wind Cave National Park! I’ve never heard of it before, but I would love to visit. I visited few national parks as a kid, but now I’m having a great time learning about them. Thanks!

#27 @snailmailkait - a fiery image from a fantasy game. Since I retired, I play more games, but nothing this exotic. But I love fantasy images - thanks!

1 Like

Another update is complete!

In other news, one of you is getting an official card from me :wink:

1 Like