[RR] North American June 2023 Round Robin - The School's Out Edition - Closed

#17 reporting another cool card…mixed in with some other things. I need to pay attention!

#1 @cawindt A Grand Canyon illustrated-poster style card. Great card. Yes, I hope you do get to the Canyon sometime in the not too distant future. As super as all the pictures turn out, none of them can compare to actually SEEING the Canyon in person. It will blow you away.

1 Like

#12 - a delightful group of cards to report… thank you all so much!

1 @cawindt sent the Cave Dragon legend from Yellowstone National Park. Yes,I’ve been, as a little girl which caused great imaginations to run wild and about 20 (ack) years ago. I’d still love to go back again!"

3 @Cruzin sent a camel caravan in a pink desert… I love it!

4 @WrenAtTheBeach send the wonderful Old Baldy Lighthouse - the island sounds amazing!

6 @mikeyz1 sent an old circus train… I remember seeing one when I was a kid - quite exciting!

11 @Hazygirl sent Portland Head Light - such a stately lighthouse! Maine - I had a flight detoured to Portland once - I don’t think that counts!!!

18 @laurenceB sent a fabulous card — Cool Sweaters — I will be sending good thoughts for your bargaining agreement!

19 @ellistrations sent the flag of Hawaii — yep, you are biased, just like I am! Growing up there changes us!

22 @uconn a great card and stamp of a San Clemente Goat… they are amazing animals suited for those rocky and steep islands. thank you for the pairing! What a wonderful treat!

26 @sarahaeyo sent a great card of the Sandwich Islands (Hawaii) with some great illustrations!

27 @snailmailkait sent the mighty and beautiful kingfisher - fascinating birds… I have some unfinished things from long ago - almost afraid to open the boxes!

30 @RockyRoadTrip sent a traditional costume the Czech Republic – I am almost afraid to guess about the animal under his arm!

What a fun assortment of cards - thank you all so much! Hope June is going well for all of you.

5 Likes

Thank you, thank you to

#1 @cawindt ADG New York card with awesome postage. Did I ever tell you that postal math is the only kind I can do? It’s true!
#4 @WrenAtTheBeach Woohoo! A LouPaper coffee card! How clever to send in its wrapping//// will borrow that idea for sure! And yes… Postcrossers are truly the nicest people in the world!
#27@snailmailkait Love this Colorado meetup design! I hope you had fun!!!

ALL SENT
Still to receive: 15, 20, 28,

2 Likes

I was beginning to think sending the card in the sleeve is what delayed delivery for so long.

#5 has received:

#1 @cawindt - Wind Cave National Park! I’ve never heard of it before, but I would love to visit. I visited few national parks as a kid, but now I’m having a great time learning about them. Thanks!

#27 @snailmailkait - a fiery image from a fantasy game. Since I retired, I play more games, but nothing this exotic. But I love fantasy images - thanks!

1 Like

Another update is complete!

In other news, one of you is getting an official card from me :wink:

1 Like

#23 @suatelier – Thank you for the Happy Postcrossing card. I joined Postcrossing in July 2007, when it was just a year old. I love a mailbox full of postcards!

#27 @snailmailkait – The Balanced Rock–my parents took a photo of me when I was about seven with my hand on this rock. I wasn’t afraid to get too close to it at the time, but I’d be a bit apprehensive now.

2 Likes

#11hazygirl
#23 @suatelier sent a NY botanical card Cool stamps!

1 Like

I have bunch to report received:

#25 @jaenelle got from:

#2, #3, #4, #5, #7, #8, #9, #12, #13, #15, #16, #17, #19, and #30!

#2 @CrimsonKing What a beautiful embossed flower! Always working on staying happy!

#3 @Cruzin Your experience with Disneyland is the same as ours with Disney World pretty much!

#4 @WrenAtTheBeach Thanks for the great book card and the wishes for my trip this fall!

#5 @carolreader What a cool and relevant card!

#7 @Angeliz Early summer in Florida tends to be hot and rainy – thunderstorms almost every afternoon!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade I really would enjoy New Zealand I think, was planning a trip there several years ago but had to have surgery so my trip money went to that instead. :frowning: Maybe someday!

#9 @CStar9 From one survivor/warrior to another : prayers for strength and peace. Thanks!

#12 @Yarn-Lady I hope your garden grows well and you have lots of delicious things to eat!

#13 @ladybug513 I have yet to visit NYC except for the airport once but hopefully someday!

#15 @wmiz77 Michael Crichton is great, highly recommended! My favorite country so far has been Spain, by far! Really want to move there someday.

#16 @jacieslar Haven’t been to Hawaii yet either but would love to! Thanks for the beautiful card!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA Thanks for the cool book card! Reading things are always appreciated!

#19 @ellistrations My nephews are half-Hawaiian and they got leis from their mom and grandparents for their high school and college graduations!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip Yes, unfortunately Florida is a scary place to be at this time. But I am not in a position to leave right now, maybe in a few years. I would like to move to Spain, actually.

Thank you all! Much appreciated!

8 Likes

#29 - Three postcards to report!

#1 @cawindt - Thank you Craig for this postcard of an extraterrestrial at Great Sand Dunes National Park! I also love the Olympics stamps and the FDR stamp!

#18 @LaurenceB - Thank you for this postcard of a Coffee Cat! I want to go to a cat cafe, but having the kitties serve the coffee is another thing! :laughing:

#27 @snailmailkait - Thank you Kaitlyn for this postcard of a burrowing owl! It’s so cute! I love the sticker of Hedwig too! I’ve only been close to an owl once at a Ren Faire. Didn’t bite me thankfully!

2 Likes

#15 reporting received from:

#1 @cawindt thank you for the pretty NP card! Mesa Verde is on my bucket list to visit! I am enjoying PC & all the forums/people!

#27 @snailmailkait thanks for the cute bison card
from State Historic Site (I love learning about historical places) Charles Towne Landing. Your story is too funny! My husband loves doing similar to my kids & me!! Lol

#29 @melvnoble thank you for the cool Mutter Museum card. It would definitely be an interesting and creepy Museum to see!!

1 Like

#22 uconn

#20 @Triol have a great summer, thanks for this skeleton musician

1 Like

18 reporting

6 @mikeyz1 Thank you so much for an awesome Large letter card! Love the unique style! Enjoy this precious time with the little one! I am lucky to also have a lot of time off this summer and have some fun activities planned with the kids! Hopefully a few card-writing quiet days too :sweat_smile:

10 @emotis Thank you so much for this unique Max&Oscar design! I love it :grin::grin: I got married in Maine!

16 @jacieslar Thank you so much for the vintage travel poster from Hawaii. I love this series of cards! Hope you had a wonderful trip!! I never had the chance to visit Hawaii but would love to!

23 @suatelier Thank you for the large letter reprint! It’s SO hot in Mtl today, hope you are staying cool in TO

1 Like

#24 reporting

Thank you #29 @melvnoble for the great Elvis card by Andy Warhol. I’d love to get to the Warhol museum one of these days!

#17 reporting a couple more cool cards:

#20 @Triol a tall pink flower, looks familiar to me, but I’m not sure what it is, other that a very cool looking flower.

#23 @suatelier a Pastor’s Orchid. Wow…neat one. I’ve never had one. I do okay with growing things, but not sure how much luck I’d have with an orchid

#19 received

#18 @LaurenceB - thank you! Yes, enjoy the calm while you can! Talk about coincidences, haha, that is so neat! Love when things like that happens. Love all the cards!

#23 @suatelier - thank you! My dog used to hate the rain, but she loves her walks even more… So even if it is raining, we will still go as long as it isn’t thundering. It’s better than risking her pads on a hot road. She’s happy, so I’m happy.

#11 hazygirl

#20 @Triol sent a nice cup of tea. I love tea cubes. My school ended yesterday! Yay for us!

#9 here reporting some truly beautiful cards!

from @cawindt (#1), a lovely ADG card depicting my very favorite national park that I have visited. The artist really captured the elk vibe!! Indeed yes, earlier this month we got some of the Canadian wildfire smoke here in Mass. - orange sky, and not in the good way like the song!

From @Triol (#20), a glorious radish card. I want to eat them all up!!
So glad that summer vacation has found you. Teachers deserve ALL the breaks!!

From @snailmailkait (#27), a new location for my bucket list. That tower is as tall as the Chrysler building? And also it is called Spider Rock, which makes it a double whammy of awesome for me. How cool that you and your husband drove through AZ - what a scenic adventure that must have been! I love desert states, too!

1 Like

#17 reporting in with a card from:

#27 @snailmailkait Thanks for the Arizona map card. It also has two pictures of Grand Canyon, and the state flag (one of my favorite flags, I have one hanging on my wall)

1 Like

#13 checking with wonderful postcards from:

#1 @cawindt – Thank you for the Dry Tortugas National Park card you sent! I like it! The twins turned 11 earlier this month and we saw them everyday this week as we were responsible for driving them to and from camp. They also hung at our house until our son got home from work. As Tony would say, they have become people! They are not little kids anymore.

#6 @mikeyz1 – a vintage Greetings from Springfield Ohio postcard! Thank you for this welcome addition to my very small collection! Daddy-daughter time is very important. Having three children, Tony took turns taking one child at a time out for a day. They favored going to the Philadelphia Museum of Art and lunch at a little shop off of Rittenhouse Square. They loved having one-on-one time with him. Wonderful memories!

#10 @emotis – Love, love, love the Inge Löök aunties! Thank you so very much! I don’t know what they’re drinking, but they sure chopped a lot of wood and deserve the beverage of their choice! More power to them!

#12 @Yarn-Lady – Oh, my goodness! Thank you so much for this colorful dragon. Giuliana will love it! We’ve been enjoying rather Spring-like weather here. It’s been raining the past few days which has been good for the flowers and vegetable garden. Tony is attempting to grow artichokes this year. We’ll see!

#19 @ellistrations –Thank you very much for this view of King Kamehameha! I can believe it must have been wonderful growing up in Hawaii. I would very much like to visit, but do not see that happening anytime soon. Love the washi and fishy sticker!

#20 @Triol – Thank you for the Russian postage stamp samovars! It is so much easier to make a cup of tea today, but not as romantic as a samovar. The samovar definitely adds something to the process of making tea!

#23 @suatelier – This vintage typewriter and desk arrangement is fantastic! Thank you so much! Our neighbor recently put a lovely desk out on the curb with a FREE sign on it. I took it and my husband is very happily storing all of his bill paying material in it! Actually matches our furniture, too!

#24 @roxy – Thank you for the lighthouses on the Oregon Coast! What fun it would be to visit every one of them. Our summer so far has been busy consisting of dance recitals, various graduations and birthday parties. We are going to the beach for two weeks. I am ready to relax and soak in some sun. Hopefully, it stops raining! Love the watermelon stamp!

#27 @snailmailkait – What a fantastic sky behind the Joshua Tree! I’ve never been anywhere a Joshua Tree grew, but you are right to say they are unique. It’s interesting that it is considered a yucca. I have the more common yuccas currently blooming in our backyard. I would call them unique, too!

#29 @melvnoble – Thank you for this interesting card showing Tiffany glass mosaics at the Philadelphia Mint. Do you know, I do not believe I’ve ever been to this mint. We did tour the mint in Washington DC. I’m putting this on my to do list! To answer your question, we did have poor air quality from the wildfires. I found myself wearing a mask outside the house because I was coughing so much. It was very hazy here.

Waiting for #28!

3 Likes