[RR] North American June 2023 Round Robin - The School's Out Edition - Closed

I spent a lot of time reading about them before I sent you the card… so interesting!

Daffodils and Anemone Blanda seem safe - they got 50 grape hyacynths last year.

1 Like

#4 @WrenAtTheBeach reporting

#24 @roxy Thank you, Brenda, for the fun Baby Ruth card… Baby Ruth just happens to be my favorite candy bar! Great choice!

Received cards to date: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30
Looking forward to: 1, 10, 20, 27, 28

#21 received:

#24 @roxy The Landed Gentleman. Thank you for the interesting card & poem! I also love the unique stamps! :heart:

#29 @melvnoble Annie Heisey. Thank you for the cool art card! I feel the same about snagging cards whenever possible :slight_smile:

18 reporting SO. MANY. CARDS!

2 @CrimsonKing Thank you my dear friend for the beautiful flamingos and lemur!! Such a funny illustration! I really love lemurs too :upside_down_face:

3 @Cruzin Thank you very much for the books & horse :smiley: I had never heard of Stephanie Hudson! I looked her up and she looks like she has quite the fan club! I haven’t been able to get out of my reading slump. Maybe summer vacation will help :slight_smile: Love the book sticker!!

4 @WrenAtTheBeach Thank you very much for the beautiful large letter reprint!! I wish I lived by the sea!! At least I have a pool :sweat_smile: Your sea washi tape is amazing! Hope to see you again next month :smiley:

5 @carolreader Thank you so much for a great addition to my LP geometric collection! One day I’ll have to visit these beautiful US parks :heartbeat: Wonderful stamps!

7 @Angeliz Thank you very much for the beautiful & unique ADG travel poster! Beautiful stamps! Hope to see you again in the group soon!

8 @Shesa-Renegade Thank you very much for the beautiful Cayman island map! It must have been quite the trip!

9 @CStar9 Hey friend! Glad to see you :smiley: Thank you for the wonderful giraffes, which I don’t believe I had already :open_mouth: How cool that you are so close to this museum! Love the book recommendation, I’ll try to get my hands on it :slight_smile: I usually try to buy kids books on BookOutlet when I can - less expensive! The endangered animals stamps are wonderful.

11 @Hazygirl Thank you very much for the beautiful ice cream! I get groceries delivered, and today they made a mistake and brought me extra ice cream! Must be fate… I never was able to put anything on my nails! I go crazy whenever they’re just a little longer than usual.

12 @Yarn-Lady Thank you for the beautiful travel poster! It’s our turn to have rain all the time. This weekend will be wet and sad, so we are planning to spring-clean the house from top to bottom! Love the fabric strip you added!

13 @ladybug513 Thank you SO much for the amazing vintage hotel card! I went to the postcard show in Montreal last weekend and went a bit crazy with vintage cards. Thankfully, not many people fight for the motel cards :sweat_smile: I think the vendors are just happy to finally find someone to sell those to :stuck_out_tongue:

14 @alcott1 Another amazing linen gem :heartbeat: :heartbeat: Thank you SO much for the great motel!!! And I like the horse too! Thank you for sharing it with me! It’s funny, our highway right by my house is also the “forty”. Best be avoided during rush hour!!

17 @YOIYUMTEWA Thank you so much for the 2-for-1 : Penguin book cover and vintage flamingos!! I went a little overboard with flamingo cards at the postcard show last week, too! Found a vintage flamingo card with Bostwana stamps, which is pretty awesome!

19 @ellistrations Thank you so much friend for what is indeed PERFECT water!! I love the view, especially coming from you! I really hope I can visit Hawaii one day - it does seem like a crazy long flight! I like how the big buildings contrast with the fact that this is a “tropical” island!

21 @luckycherry Thank you SO much Carmen for the awesome vintage pool!!! It was HUGE!! Cant believe it!! It was a great idea to use ocean water :see_no_evil: I LOVED learning about this unique place, thank you :tulip:

22 @uconn Hey there! It’s good to be back! Thank you for the super cool elephant with a baby in the stroller! The little monkey makes me think of my son making me chase him around when I walk my (not-so) baby in the stroller. Cool stamps! Happy time off!! I have lots of vacation days this year too and no big plans either. Relax and write cards outside :sunglasses:

24 @roxy Thank you for the Cannon Beach postcard! I love this set :smiley: I tried smelling the card but I think the scent has faded :stuck_out_tongue: Love the decorations! Went to the postcard show last weekend and found more cards for you :stuck_out_tongue:

25 @jaenelle Thank you very much for the cute little monkey!! I LOVE random postcard sets! And my favorite part is looking at all the cards and thinking of all the people who would like them! I’ll take good care of this little fellow :smiley:

26 @sarahaeyo Thank you very much for the cute little giraffe :smiley: It’s so cool! I NEVER go to the movies anymore! I would much rather stay home in my PJs and eat in front of Netflix :stuck_out_tongue: But even then, I barely watch TV anymore… Postcrossing has taken over my life!

30 @RockyRoadTrip Thank you so much for the vintage motel gem! The antennas are indeed freaky - nowadays they’d be replaced by cell towers! How wonderful for the “tub shower combination”! And the caption! “Where people go by choice not by chance”. Priceless!!

12 Likes

#17 received cool card from

#18 @LaurenceB Neat card made with maps: a trees and mountain scene, and a Canadian flag. Unique and cool. (I received it earlier this week, kept forgetting to post)

1 Like

All cards were sent last week! I got put on a last minute 2 week work trip and just got home Friday night. All of the cards were sent from Oklahoma instead of Colorado this time.

2 Likes

Updated! No mail delivery in the US tomorrow as we commemorate the end of slavery.

2 Likes

#9 reporting a great card from @roxy (#24) - a gorgeous bookstore that I would take about 9 hours to walk up the stairs inside. Look at all those singleton books just waiting to be picked up and explored! This is my first card from this set — thank you so much! Also: summer plans include some multi-day trips here in New England. Exciting to me because it means I won’t be working :slight_smile:

1 Like

#27 reporting!

Received: 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30

Looking forward to: 1, 4, 8, 18, 20, 23, 28

Lots of mail to go through after my two week work trip! Hopefully my cards start arriving for everyone this week! :relaxed:

1. @CrimsonKing
    thank you so much for the super cute cat postcard! You’re right, it does look like it has a Mohawk! No travel plans yet for this summer, but my parents may be taking a trip out here in September! :heart:

2. @Cruzin
    Thank you for the super rad Cyber Punk postcard! My husband was jealous when he got it out of the mailbox- he said he wants video game postcards too!

3. @WrenAtTheBeach
    thank you for the awesome O’ahu beach postcard! Colorado is very different than Okinawa, I really miss the beach! The eastern plains are very cool though, when it gets windy the grasses in the fields look like waves!

4. @carolreader
    Thank you for the awesome Sevilleta National Wildlife Refuge card! I hope your hiking trip was great! I really enjoyed living in the California Desert, I think these landscapes are wicked cool!

5. @mikeyz1
    Thank you for the Boeing postcard! It’s so cool you’ve had this card since you were a kid, thank you for sending it to me! :hugs:

6. @Angeliz
    thank you so much for the Japan Airlines card! I also miss the nice ocean breeze of Okinawa, my apartment in Uruma was so close to the beach, we would open the balcony glass doors and let the breeze through the whole apartment! I could go for family mart too… a yummy egg salad sandwich with calbee pizza chips and some Lipton apple tea :drooling_face::joy: or even some Okinawa shaved ice! I miss it all!

7. @CStar9
    Thank you so much for the Riso print postcard! It’s so funny, I actually just learned about this printing yesterday! How cool! I also love having no plans, it’s nice to just relax. Good luck with your move!

8. @emotis
    Oh! How exciting to see otters through glacier bay! I love otters… they’re so stinking cute! I’ve only seen a whale once, a humpback whale off of the coast of Cape Cod! Thank you for the card!

9. @Hazygirl
    Thank you for the super cute cat postcard! We just got a third cat, she’s about 5 months old now! I forget how wild kittens can be, she runs laps around us and our other two cats!

10. @Yarn-Lady
    Thank you for the adorable cat postcard! Imagine if cats were actually these colors? How cool! I hope your garden does great this year!

11. @ladybug513
    Thank you so much for the lovely Connecticut card! New England is one of my favorite places to visit, I hope to live there again one day!

12. @alcott1
    Thank you for the cool car card! We travelled down part of Route 66 when we lived in California and hit some really cool antique shops- love the card!

13. @wmiz77
    Thank you for the Joshua tree National park postcard! I think Joshua trees are so cool! We have a huge framed photo of Joshua trees in our loft- I wish they were everywhere!

14. @jacieslar
    Thank you for the gorgeous red footed booby postcard! I absolutely love sea birds. I’m glad your Kauai trip went well, I’d love to visit their sea glass beach one day!

15. @YOIYUMTEWA
    Thank you for the Indiana, PA postcard! The downtown area looks so sweet, I bet it has great small town vibes!

16. @ellistrations
    Thank you!!! I definitely love this art as much as you! I agree, they make me smile too! We don’t really have any summer plans as of yet… though, I would love to take a long weekend and visit home! (Connecticut) I could use a beach day!

17. @luckycherry
    Wow!!! This postcard is so cool, Edwards AFB was one of my favorite bases I was stationed at! On one of the tours we got to go on to visit the flight line, we were told this hilarious story about the first jet to be flown at Edwards. They were keeping it a secret, and were flying in restricted airspace. The other pilots were not supposed to fly out that way, but they still did. So when the pilot of the jet would see another aircraft, he would put on a monkey mask! When the pilot who wasn’t supposed to be out there would land, they usually didn’t say anything because who would believe- a monkey was flying a propeller-less aircraft! :joy:

18. @uconn
    Thank you for the awesome funny dogs square postcard! It’s so funny your dog doesn’t like water- my dog growing up also hated it! :joy:

19. @roxy
    Thank you for the wonderful CT lighthouses postcard! I actually know exactly where this postcard came from! Last time I visited (it’s my home state!) we went to the mystic general store- it’s the only place I’ve ever seen these awesome cards! :hugs:

20. @jaenelle
    Thank you for the awesome monument valley tribal park postcard! When we moved out here to Colorado from California, we drove through Utah and it has such a unique landscape! We stopped several times to take photos!

21. @sarahaeyo
    Thank you for the super unique F-106 postcard! I wish I knew more about aviation- maybe one day! My dad recently started talking about getting his pilot Cert, he wants to fly his own Cessna to go on vacation! I have no idea where he’ll get that kind of money! :joy:

22. Me

23. @melvnoble
    Thank you so much for the wonderful postcard! I also wish more artists sold their art in the form of postcards! I’ve been begging one of our local artists who makes stationery items- she said maybe soon!

24. @RockyRoadTrip
    Thank you for the awesome cat postcard! I cracked up at your message, you’re so right! They have totally mastered the art of world domination… I have 3 of them! :joy:

11 Likes

Many of the numbers on the cards you’ve reported as received aren’t correct. If you could fix them before my next update, I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

Hey Craig! When I’m writing them, they are correct, but for some reason when the comment is posted, the numbers are being jumbled by the forum. I’ll jump on my computer and see if I can fix it there.

Edit** for anyone having the same problem with the numbers being correct when writing/editing, but incorrect after it is on the feed- the fix is adding the numbers in between that you have not yet received.

1 Like

#5 reporting, with “double” summer greetings from Canada:

#23 @suatelier sends a “Happy Summer”.

#24 @roxy says “Hello Summer”

Thanks to you both for the seasonal wishes!

1 Like

I love that story :rofl: :see_no_evil: Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks for fixing! Another solution is to simply use the number symbol (#) before your numbers. That prevents the automatic sequential numbering.

#20 Triol
Dear Friends!
My huge apologies for delayed with my cards…Two last weeks was SO busy…(exams,auditions,concerts):frowning:
Today morning all my cards was dropped in mail box.
Sorry one more time

3 Likes

#24 reporting

#6 @mikeyz sent a great Nancy Drew book cover - The Haunted Bridge. Daddy-daughter time is the best - I hope you enjoyed every minute!

#23 @suatelier sent an awesome Bloomin’ Idiots card - Love it! Great name for a garden centre. :slight_smile:

1 Like

#6 reporting

#1 @cawindt sent a cool Guadeloupe Mountains card with a nice bird on it. Good luck with your trip!!!

#10 @emotis sent orange juice! I remember those Florida welcome centers. Fun times!!!

#23 reporting

#6 @mikeyz1 Thank you for the LAS Luggage Tag card! Love it, going to start a new LP collection! Hope you had a wonderful father’s day!

#11 @Hazygirl Thank you for the ADG card! I can imagine the crowd in Chicago. I went through the O’Hare airport and it felt even busier than Toronto’s

#21 @luckycherry Thank you for the GF California card! My first pair of Levi’s was purchased in Hong Kong 10 years ago! It still fits me, and morphing into the ripped-jeans fashion of today. I love jeggings too - I basically exclusively wear Uniqlo’s now!

1 Like

Same, I love Uniqlo’s leggings! Especially their HeatTech ones :heart:

1 Like