[RR] North American December 2021 Round Robin - The Give the Gift of Postcards Edition - Closed

#18 reporting more cards received.

#1 @cawindt send a card of Christiana Campbell’s Tavern. Looks like a nice place to go. I always mean to try audiobooks out, but my music listening us by far more important in my mind.

#29 @melvnoble sent a card of a cat pulling tarot cards. He doesn’t look thrilled at the card he pulled lol. I’m sure your friend will love the personalized Death Card.

1 Like

#9 reporting

#21 @Beachyblonde My favorite movie is Polar Express. I love the Santa’s Rules list!

#6 reporting

#4 @jenhart sent a great holiday card! I hope you read all the books you want!

#20 @Triol sent a great map from Curacao! Love it!

#21 @Beachyblonde sent a great Bernie mittens card! Love it!

#29 @melvnoble sent a fun cat at work card! The boss! My cats are the boss of the home!

1 Like

#4 @jenhart has received:

Beautiful Holiday greetings from

#20 @Triol : adorable gnomes :heart:

#21 @Beachyblonde : adorable Lantern Press :heart:

#24 @roxy : classic Christmas greeting :heart:

Also received -

#27 @NittanyLionRI : great black and white view from Providence. My daughters live in a new building made to look like an old mill :laughing:

Thank you!

2 Likes

#2 CrimsonKing received from:

#23 @normajean sent a cute card with a beautiful message on the back, thank you! :blush:

#29 @melvnoble sent a Painting in Scotland card, thank you! I would love to visit Scotland one day. A white Christmas would be nice, but it won’t be happening for me, lol.

Thank you both!
:christmas_tree: :snowflake: :heart:

1 Like

#3 rec’d

#20 @Triol a Lou Paper Xmas card! I love these!

#28 @TwoDoggies cute Rudolph card! Very nice card stock and shape of this card! I need to look them up!

#29 @melvnoble The Chows - different colored Chow dogs illustration! Happy Holidays!

Thank you all!

1 Like

Two more cards arrived today! Thank you to:

#21 @Beachyblonde for the great cat card! Ours love boxes too :smiley:

#28 @TwoDoggies for the awesome Christmas card!

#15 @teddypostcrossing reporting:

#13 @ladybug513 Thank you so much for this snowman card titled, “Lift Off, by Kristen Helberg. To fly and with a snowman would be quite a fantasy come true! Happy holidays and a Happy 2022 to you, too!

#21 @Beachyblonde Thank you for this Lantern Press Snowman card! Growing up in the Denver area, snowmen were fun to make, yet they would melt within just a day or maybe 3. I can remember my dad using Oreos for the eyes! Happy Holidays to you!!

1 Like

#6 reporting

#28 @TwoDoggies sent a great Santa card! Thankfully, the supply chain is back and running well and so hopefully he has lots of presents to share!!!

#1 @cawindt Oregon Coast Rolling dunes border the oceanfront very nice thank you. Enjoy your trip safe journey

#24 @roxy sends a very Merry Christmas. No snow for us this year and I’m glad!

#3 received from

#4 @jenhart very cute Xmas design! Yea, I’d be “have a good marathon” while I stayed home!

2 Likes

#5 reporting:

#26 @alcott1 – a nice Charles Nast illustration. Christmasy, but subtle! Nice drawing.

#28 @TwoDoggies – a huge Santa overlooks the town. He’ll be here soon!

Merry Christmas and thank you for the great cards!

They are here.

#18 got a card from #28 @TwoDoggies today. It’s an adorable elf girl sitting on a present with a bird. Thank you!

#5 received a card from #18 @crochetjessica - a strange one! (which I like). It’s a bunch of letters that spell out the word “salty” backwards over and over. Odd card. Thanks!

#13 received from:

#28 @TwoDoggies - a Merry Christmas greeting featuring Santa’s beard, and belt across his belly. Writing postcards while listening to holiday music sounds like a fine way to spend your time. Thank you for the cute card!

#19 ellistrations received

#28 @TwoDoggies - sandcastle, thank you! Congrats on making it a year on here! It’s so exciting and here’s to many more years to go!

NARR December 2021 – Report #2

A Christmas Miracle!

All Dec NARR cards successfully got here before Santa’s big day!

Here they are:

#01 @cawindt: sent a shot from the Tismana Monastery located in the deep woods and rocky peaks of Romania. The site was used during WWII to store Romanian treasures to keep them safe from invading enemies. Though this shot of a cross in one of the caves is just strange! Thanks!

#03 @Cruzin: sent a vintage card of the El Coronado Motel in Williams, AZ – located 3 Blocks from the Post Office calls out the rear descriptor – among the property’s other amenities like fully carpeted floors in each sleeping room. The Best Costs No More claims the sign outside, which undoubtedly pissed off any libertarians passing through to the Grand Canyon! Thanks!

#07 @TreeClimber: sent a festive shot of an array of gingerbread cookies. Looks delicious, but I must admit, I haven’t had any gingerbread this season. Hope to score some before they stop making it available. Thanks!

#11 @PostAddy: sent a shot of the Bates Motel from the movie Psycho, now on the Universal Studios Lot. Not only was I a fan of the original, but the ‘80s sequel also wasn’t all that bad either. Though I never got around to watching the Bates Motel TV series which details Norman’s backstory and relationship with mother. Thanks!

#12 @Yarn-Lady: sent a whimsical holiday card showing a winter-scarfed Bigfoot dragging home his freshly ripped-down Xmas tree for the season. Nice to know the big guy believes in the holiday, just as much as we believe in him! Thanks for this unique Christmas ditty.

#15 @TeddyPostcrossing: sent a shot of a pretty good-looking ugly sweater. It’s true, themed knit sweaters walk that fine line between cute and garish which is why your decision to go with a solid red is a good one. Thanks!

#16 @SleepyHippo1: sent a movie poster card for the American International Classic sexploitation classic, Girls in Prison. The original poster for this film, which this card replicates, is actually a collector’s item for the “steamy” catfight depicted which, according to Wikipedia, is a scene that never actually happens in the movie. Yes, do your best to stay warm in Iowa. Weather has been all over the map! Thanks!

#18 @crochetjessica: sent a terrific “super awesome” secret society card. This is the type of rare gem I’ve been looking to fill out my conspiracy theory card collection with. Great find! I’m sure your grandfather could have told you volumes; my wacky neighbor, who is a current Mason, sure does! Thanks for this top-notch card!

#20 @Triol: sent a fun shot of Santa and his team of reindeer taking a break at the beach to skinny dip. Adding stickers to indicate which is your husband and which is you was a hilarious touch! Yeah, no polar bear clubs for me. Thanks!

#21 @BeachyBlonde: sent a stained glass shot depicting the Nativity scene with the biblical quote from Isaiah made popular by Linus in the Peanuts Christmas special. Thanks!

#23 @NormaJean: sent an illustration of a holly branch sticking out of a mason jar decorated with ornaments. Cute shot and nice holiday sentiments. Thanks!

#24 @Roxy: sent a retro illustration of a ‘50s housewife warming herself by an antique wood-burning stove. With festive stickers and washi tape. Thanks!

#27 @NittAnyLionRI: sent a shot of the Buffalo Bill Dam in Cody, Wyoming, the first arch dam and the highest in the world at the time of its construction. Not only did the original dam flood lands once owned by Buffalo Bill, but an expansion in the late ‘80s also flooded parts of the Buffalo Bill state park including the visitor center that needed to be relocated. An interesting addition to my dam collection. Thanks!

#28 @TwoDoggies: sent an illustration of a festive little garden gnome. While the image clearly is set in spring, the colors and gnome’s dress also suggest Christmas, especially the lantern he’s holding. Thanks!

#29 @MelVNoble: sent an interesting shot of a Lincoln campaign banner from the 1860 election and his first vice-presidential running mate, Hannibal Hamlin. Interestingly enough, Hamlin only served one term as Lincoln’s vice president, replaced in the 1864 race by Andrew Johnson, a Southern Democrat chosen for his appeal to Southern Unionists. Real interesting card. Thanks!

You can see all my incoming December cards, here.

That completes the month for me.

Craig: All cards rcd!

Thanks

Rocky Road Trip #30

5 Likes

#11 reporting received from:

#1 @cawindt a cool card with all sorts of different mailboxes. Thanks Craig. I hope the DC trip was fun!

#20 @Triol an old fashioned truck with Christmas trees in the bed. Happy Holidays, Olga!

#24 @roxy a red and gold Christmas card. Thanks, Brenda!

#28 @TwoDoggies a loupaper Christmas card. Thank you, Terri!

#29 @melvnoble a historic drawing of the Hancock House Boston. Lovely. Thank you, Mel!

#26–Hoping you all had a Merry Christmas and wishing you a Happy New Year!
I was a slowpoke again–missed the January RR. I’ll be a bit faster in February, I hope!
I received three great cards last week:

#7 @treeclimber – sugar cookies–I can almost smell them through the postcard.
#28 @TwoDoggies – Winter quote by Truman Capote–I’d change it to “It’s sugar cookie weather”!
#29 @melvnoble – “Winter landscape”–so beautiful, so not happening here. Our grass could use another mowing.
Thank you! Enjoy the rest of the holidays!