[RR] North American December 2021 Round Robin - The Give the Gift of Postcards Edition - Closed

#13 with cards from:

#7 @treeclimber - Christmas Gingerbread cookies! I’ve been baking cookies, too, and the house does smell good. Only drawback is everyone who walks in can smell them and wants to eat them! My stash is slowly dwindling. Love your snowman ink stamp! Happy Holidays!

#16 @sleepyhippo1 - Thank you for the Little Golden Book cover of “The Blue Book of Fairy Tales.” I have to admit this is one I never read and I read a lot of them as a child and even more now to our grandchildren. No snow here, though it is pretty darn cold!

#20 @Triol - Love these Christmas gnomes! Thank you for the holiday wishes and I wish the same for you and your family during this Holiday season!

#21 @Beachyblonde - What a great holiday mushroom card! It is so very colorful. Thank you very much!

#24 @roxy - Thank you for the snowy street scene filled with colorful houses! I wish our street currently looked like this. I love a snowy day. Better watch what I wish for, right? Happy Holidays!

#29 @melvnoble - “Geisha Girl, 1894” by George Henry. Thank you for this lovely artwork from a Scottish painter. We’ve had Chick -fil -A trays for the gang at birthday parties, but never for Christmas! Definitely qualifies as a NO COOKING event! Enjoy!

1 Like

Thank you to:

#3 @cruzin for the awesome retro looking Libby’s Home Baking card. I love that style of card.

#6 @mikeyz1 for the great unidentified Motel sign. You’re right, it probably is by the month or week… or maybe even the hour?!! :slight_smile:

#14 @dnrhott for the beautiful Church of St. John the Baptist in Luxembourg. Churches have some of the best architecture.

#27 @NittanyLionRI for the card of the Beartooth Highway - I would love to drive that!

3 Likes

#23 reporting cards from

#1 @cawindt - Well done on the coordination of stamps to the Aerial of the colonial Capitol in Williamsburg, Virginia! I am so happy for you to be able to combine vacation with entertaining and educating your exchange son; teaching is more than a career, it’s a lifestyle, isn’t it?

#16 @sleepyhippo1 - Central Gardens of North Iowa - it’s so nice to have local gardens to visit and relax (and dine :wink: ) I have such wonderful memories of my terriers playing in the snow, tracking mice underneath and diving into it to appear several feet away. Adorable!

#20 @Triol - Super cute gift and ornaments that are so cheerful! Thank you for the Christmas and 2022 well wishes. I am COUNTING on 2022 being awesome. Now standby for my mind-over-matter report in about 8 months to see if I’ve got that superpower.

#21 @Beachyblonde - A beautiful Cardinal on a holly branch. We have Savannah Holly trees that the Cedar Waxwings dine on the red berries in groups of 20 or 30, and we’re still waiting on them to “come and get it!” Our Cardinals and Doves have been consistent backyard visitors/diners. They are a joy to watch. I hope their other feathered friends find their path back this way before too long.

#24 @roxy - Such a beautiful vintage rendition of a very chic Mrs. Claus (?). The gorgeous stamps were hand canceled by a very considerate postal employee; a slight mark in the bottom corners. My husband got online and ordered the souvenir sheet of the large dove stamp. I’m equally impressed with your NA RR sticker! You definitely have “hobby postcarding” down pat!

#29 @melvnoble - Merry Christmas to you and yours as well, and thank you for the beautiful card of “The North Portico”! Talented craftsmen built a beautiful country years ago, and I’ve always preferred old buildings over new (including homes). I was young when I visited DC and don’t recall very much specific about what I saw. I’d love to see it now, with the new eyes I’ve gained from an older, wiser heart.

#7 checking in…

#4 @jenhart - a Christmas card complete with hot chocolate, stockings and ornaments - being bundled up sounds so right in December, even if it isn’t very cold here :slight_smile:

#20 @Triol - a beautiful butterfly for my collection - best wishes for you in 2022 too :slight_smile:

#29 @melvnoble - Winter Landscape by Theodore Robinson - I hope you get your white Christmas :slight_smile:

1 Like

#29 @melvnoble Painting of Scotland yes indeed looking forward to moving at my own pace… happy Christmas to you thank you.

1 Like

#28 @TwoDoggies reporting: Cards 9 - 30 were sent out today.

Cards received:
#1 @cawindt 2 Scarlet Macaws in Costa Rica having an altercation.
#2 @CrimsonKing vintage style card of two children in a sleigh being pulled by a large dog. I’ve never gone out shopping on Black Friday and haven’t been to the mall in years. 97% of my shopping was completed by Thanksgiving.
#3 @cruzin a cheery, snow-covered house inside a mason jar. Sounds like you had a great day when you wrote that card. I aspire to that everyday.
#4 @jenhart a colorful letter to Santa card designed by geetikasinha7 (who is also a P.C member). I also like the back of her cards as well.
#5 @carolreader American Winter, a parody on the American gothic picture. Any place that gets dark by about 4:30 in winter is pretty dismal.
#7 @treeclimber I have only debated making cookies, but haven’t done so this year because I don’t want to eat them all. I’m sure your house smells wonderful.
#8 @Shesa-Renegade A penguin Merry Christmas. I’m trying!
#9 @Scoutingbear Santa and his reindeer taking a break at the beach for a fun swim. When I lived at the beach, everyone decorated there regardless of the weather because it’s Christmas!
#11 @PostAddy from the Someecards collection, yes, I agree with the card that I hope my Christmas display doesn’t incinerate my home and loved ones! I have ornaments from my childhood tree that are melted on the bottoms from the heat generated by the lights. Completely safe.
#12 @Yarn-Lady a vintage reprint of Timberline Lodge at Mt. Hood. I’m sad for the ski-resorts and ski enthusiasts that they can’t enjoy the sport because of a lack of snow. Sounds like that’s going to be a trend for the future as well.
#13 @ladybug513 a vintage reprint of cardinals and holly. I’m looking forward to our little family gathering on Christmas Eve for dinner and gifts.
#14 @dnrhott the 2nd card I’ve received from you marked for the NARR Dec. 2021 so thank you again. This card is the Lou Paper Crystals. Turquoise is my favorite.
#15 @teddypostcrossing Llama in a snow globe. I never did get into collecting snow globes. Living in Florida I don’t really recall them being around. My granddaughter brought home one that she “made” in day care. It’s got two pictures of her inside and glitter for snow. She loves shaking it up.
#16 @sleepyhippo1 Spam, spam, spam. The food kind, not the email kind. I have never actually tasted Spam or Scrapple which is disgusting. LOL.
#17 @YOIYUMTEWA A vintage reprint with a lovely holiday sentiment. Thank you Rick.
#18 @crochetjessica beautiful orange jellies. I just love it when I get a card like this. Thank you. I have seen a lot of jelly fish in my days. One time, we went snorkeling near Antigua and discovered millions in the water after we jumped in. Miraculously we did not get stung as they didn’t have stingers yet (is that a thing?). I did accidentally brush up against a Sea Anemone once and that was pretty brutal.
#19 @ellistrations Christopher Arndt card, Merry Christmas. Yes Barbara, you have to decorate the tree also which I’m sure you have by now.
#21 @Beachyblonde A black & white card of deer on motorcycles. Very clever for a holiday card or even a non-holiday. Yes, let’s celebrate every holiday, every day.
#22 @uconn Da plane, da plane. Tattoos on Tatu. It’s a bummer to find awesome postcard books out of print. Happy birthday if it was yours.
#23 @NormaJean a plaid dressed gnome. So awesome your daughter did your decorating!
#25 @jocrafts Santa on the rooftop hoping for a miracle (to fit down the chimney). I know what you mean about a glut of holiday stationary supplies. I bought one box of washi tapes and realize they will likely last the rest of my life unless I start wrapping boxes with it.
#27 @NittanyLionRI Panda holiday card. This year I tried to wrap things in nice boxes but have given up on bows for awhile because the gifts are always stacked.
#29 @melvnoble a shoe card by Gregory Blackstock. I really like his cards. Thank you. Well…no one will buy me shoes for Christmas, but, I bought 2 pairs of shoes and 1 pair of boots for others. That’ll have to do.
#30 @rockyroadtrip a nostalgic card of Santa and a little happy girl hugging him. You enjoy the season too.

Thank you all.

7 Likes

#27 NittanyLionRI - received 2 wonderful cards today. Thank you both😊

#1 @cawindt - sent a photo of Gaol in Williamsburg. I visited Williamsburg earlier this year to visit my niece who attends William & Mary College. I’m sure your exchange students will love Washington DC!

#29 @melvnoble - sent a photo of the Transportation statue atop Grand Central Terminal. I’m hoping for a white Christmas as well, right now we are looking at a 40% chance of rain or snow

1 Like

#2 CrimsonKing received from:

#4 @jenhart sent a cozy holiday card, thank you Jennifer! Hehe, that could be year round for me too, blankets, chair, books, some warm tea. :slight_smile:

#20 @Triol sent a snowman and a gingerbread couple in a snowy scene, thank you Olga! Merry Christmas to you and your family as well! :slight_smile:

:christmas_tree: :snowflake: :heart:

2 Likes

#9 Reporting

#4 @jenhart sends a holiday gnome card

#20 @Triol sends a classic Santa

#29 @melvnoble sends the Simpsons sledding

1 Like

#19 ellistrations received

#29 @melvnoble - rocking chairs on a porch, thank you! Interesting that the card says it’s a historical place but then learn it’s torn down. Generally once it’s historical, it stays and becomes a museum or remodeled as a shop or small business. A bummer that our past is getting erased one home at a time.

2 Likes

#5 reporting:

#20 @triol sent Christmas goodies - cocoa, candy canes, and cookies. Yum!

#29 @melvnoble sent a painting by a Scottish artist - a well-dressed “man of the cloth” ice skating. Love this!

Thanks for the great cards!

My Flickr collection is here.

1 Like

#17’s recent cool card arrivals:

#1 @cawindt A Colonial Williamsburg card showing John Crump House and Nicholson Store. Love Williamsburg. Hope your visit to DC is full of nice weather. We’ve not had any snow that stuck around yet either. Hoping it stays that way.

#16 @sleepyhippo1 vintage view of shopping area of Eldridge Iowa. I always like vintage photos, most especially for the now vintage vehicles, and when people are in the picture with their time-period clothing.

#20 @Triol some snow-covered Adirondack chairs taking in the scene of an open snowy field and snow-capped mountains.

1 Like

A few more cards to report:

#4 @jenhart - thanks for the nice winter card. My mother-in-law in Florida bundles up when temps get down into the 40s :laughing:

#20 @Triol - thanks for the adorable season’s greetings card with cats and dogs :cat: :dog:

#30 @RockyRoadTrip for the hilarious card from Zehnder’s Restaurant in Frankenmuth. If they want me to like them, bring in some authentic German stuff! :laughing:

Updated!

January is open!

1 Like

#7 checking in - I have now received all for December :slight_smile:

#28 @TwoDoggies - warm winter wishes by Anna Guz - it looks like we are exchanging gifts on Christmas day… just need to figure out what time.

Happy holidays everyone!!

1 Like

#10 @emotis Happy Holidays to you Erin. Loving this horse ride thank you.

#12 @Yarn-Lady never knew such flowers bloom from Cactuses. Some lovely yellow in bloom. I bet places like AZ which I dream to visit have many. Thank you.

Happy Holidays ladies and to All. :gift::candy::confetti_ball::tada:

1 Like

One more card arrived for me today. Thank you #29 @melvnoble for the cool card showing the Little Red School House. What’s funny is that when I was looking at it, I was like, “why is it cut so oddly.” Then I saw your comment about the same issue! :laughing:

1 Like

#27 NittanyLionRI

Thanks to #21 @Beachyblonde for adding to my Women in Science collection with Mary Anning. I’m looking forward to the Women in Art set as well.

2 Likes

#21 @Beachyblonde

A few more cards have arrived:

#7 @treeclimber Thank you for the lovely Christmas fruitcake! I hope you all enjoyed the cookies!!

#15 @teddypostcrossing Thank you for the adorable Christmas snowglobe postcard! I have never collected those either, though I do appreciate them!

#16 @sleepyhippo1 Thank you for the super cute duckling! They really are the cutest!

#18 @crochetjessica Thank you for the stunning beach postcard! I miss the beach too! ha!

#20 @Triol Thank you for the awesome Festive Lou Paper postcard!

#24 @roxy Thank you for the sweet mom and daughter in the snow postcard!

#29 @melvnoble Thank you for the lovely beach art postcard!!

3 Likes