[RR] North American December 2021 Round Robin - The Give the Gift of Postcards Edition - Closed

#12 @Yarn-Lady – Darling postcard of two children reading books in a library. I loved visiting the library–still do!
#21 @Beachyblonde – Snowman singing “Let it snow”–we had a few flakes of snow this morning after really warm days earlier this week.
#24 @roxy – Happy lady and her poodle Christmas shopping–vintage 50’s. I love the stamps!
Merry Christmas!

1 Like

#2 received from

#12 @Yarn-Lady a very adorable cat tree card! :smiley: I love how the cats are green, lol! Happy Holidays to you as well Cynthia!

#22 @uconn sent a Dungeons & Dragons postcard, thank you James! It arrived almost fully torn in half diagonally, grrr. :angry: Why must the machines eat the cards?

Thank you both! Happy Holidays!
:christmas_tree: :snowflake: :heart:

2 Likes

#7 checking in…

#15 @teddypostcrossing - a festive train and Christmas tree - congrats on you reading goal. I haven’t made much progress this year. I still have 3-4 books in the George Smiley series of spy books by John LeCarre. I was hoping to finish them earlier this year. I will have to carry them over to 2022.

#16 @sleepyhippo1 - The Stockman House by FLW in Mason City IA - 12 degrees F! Yikes! I think it was in the 20s here overnight but we were up in the 70s today which is very unusual for December. I think the high is usually in the 50s. Crazy weather!

#21 @Beachyblonde - a beautiful fluffy kitty in the snow - our kitty is indoors and has no desire to go outside. There are a couple strays that stick close by that we feed. We created a couple boxes for them with straw for when the weather is cold. We’ve seen one of them curl up in there in the afternoons so it must be comfy.

#24 @roxy - a row of buildings in the falling snow - Merry Christmas!

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 Likes

#27 NittanyLionRI two great cards received today. Thank you both!:blush:

#13 @ladybug513 - sent a beautiful snowy scene from Morris Arboretum. I have never been there but I know my brother has visited a few times.

#20 @Triol - sent a card with Katis Kraft to add to my Women in Science collection. So happy to have this one!

#28 reports: Cards 1-8 are in today’s mail (12/18/21).

1 Like

#3 received

#21 @Beachyblonde Papersisters Xmas card! Love it!

#25 @roxy Merry Christmas street scene! Hope you get your green Xmas!

#27 @NittanyLionRI Lou Paper Xmas card! A Christmas cocktail - what a great idea! Our one tradition is lottery scratch offs after dinner - only time we ever buy them,- they get thrown in a bowl, and we all dig in and scratch off ( always a couple of winners - but never enough to recoup what I paid out).

Thank you all for the great cards and wishes!

1 Like

More cards to report! They helped me get through the last week of school before vacation. Thank you to:

#7 @treeclimber for the for great Christmas stollen card. Looks yummy! I made florentine cookies today (Mary Berry’s recipe) for a cookie dinner we’re going to tonight.

#11 @PostAddy for the adorable holiday cat card. Love the sticker and washi!

#12 @Yarn-Lady for the fun Christmas Bigfoot card!

#14 @dnrhott for the great vintage card with awesome stickers and stamps. It’s my pleasure to host this RR. I am happy that so many are enjoying taking part.

#18 @crochetjessica for the awesome WWII air raid card!

#23 @normajean for the cool Elvis card! I’d be happy to share some wine with you!

#24 @roxy for the lovely Christmas scene, stamps and stickers!

#27 @NittanyLionRI for the great view of the Rhode Island state house. Can I send you my gifts to wrap??

Thanks everyone!

4 Likes

#11 Received from:

#7 @treeclimber Christmas cookies! Yum!

#18 @crochetjessica a cute Pusheen card! It looks like it’s been run over but still very cute lol

#21 @Beachyblonde Happy Holidays decorated for Christmas doorway! Beautiful!

Thanks, All!

2 Likes

#3 received today

#1 @cawindt OMG - a Metropolis German (?) film poster!!! Metropolis is one of the first games my hubby did way back when - now almost 40 years later - the world of that game is being revisited with the just released Metropolis Origins he did with his new company. Thank you so much! Hubby is taking this one and putting it in his office!

2 Likes

#17 reporting some more cool cards:

#8 @Shesa-Renegade an illustration of a squirrel drinking a cup of hot chocolate, with the line “baby it’s cold outside”

#24 @roxy a retro/reprint of an old card. Two little girls at a window–one inside, one outside, offereing some food to a fawn, and titled “Best wishes for the marry Christmas”. We MIGHT have a LITTLE bit of snow in the air here for Christmas, but I think it’s going to be (and am hoping for) a green Christmas

#29 @melvnoble a paintings of NY card, "“Winter Afternoon in New York”, 1900, by Childe Hassam (1859-1935).Neat scene with the horses and carriages and riders and walkers

#30 @RockyRoadTrip a vintage Christmas postcard, with Santa, a bell, a showy scene, and the title “Christmas Blessing”. You know, I always thought that was a bit creepy–“he sees you when you’re sleeping”. Kind of scary!

1 Like

I’m so happy that the card was such a hit. I had a feeling you’d like it :smile:

1 Like

#10 emotis reporting in:

#1 @cawindt The Supreme Court. Can I say (again) that I miss RBG! And precedent…
#2 @CrimsonKing Rudolph! And Merry Christmas to you too!
#7 @treeclimber cookies and milk… just like Santa likes!
#11 @PostAddy An Ohio Christmas ornament card. I need this card!! You’ll have to tell me where you ordered them.
#13 @ladybug513 Holly! And I am a horrible baker… I end up buying cookies (and eating WAY too many of them)
#16 @sleepyhippo1 a cute Mery Blair illustration. I love her! She did all the designs for the Small World ride, and a bunch of murals in the Contemporary resort
#21 @Beachyblonde LP North Pole card. It looks so snowy and perfect (unlike the foggy rain we’re having now)
#24 @roxy A snowy village. Merry Christmas to you too!
#29 @melvnoble a WOlverine illustration. You’re right… it does look like the Hufflepuff badger.

Thanks so much everyone!!!

To Receive: 4, 9, 20, 28

2 Likes

#2 CrimsonKing received from:

#1 @cawindt sent a cup of tea with chocolate covered cherries and cinnamon sticks, thank you Craig! I should be drinking hot tea now, it’s cold and windy out right now, brr. Ohhh, I bet your nieces had fun making a gingerbread house and all the other fun things! I haven’t made a gingerbread house in ages, lol.

#18 @crochetjessica sent a “Penny Candy” card from The Saturday Evening Post, thank you Jessica! I have this card in my stash, but now I can send it to someone since you sent one to me. :smiley: I love this card, hehe. When I lived in a condo, my neighbor kid would always listen to Korn. The walls there were thin and banging on them was had lol!

#27 @NittanyLionRI sent a chicken card, thank you Stephanie! I dig chickens! Hehe. One would think that being the Ocean State that a seagull would be ideal as a state bird, but I guess they liked chickens more! Haha. :slight_smile: This is a cool set, I like the art style.

Thank you all! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

#7 checking in…

#1 @cawindt - Iowa sunset - glad you are getting a break. I’m on vacation for the rest of the year too :slight_smile:

#18 @crochetjessica - pretty wildflowers - the only flowers that bother my allergies that I know of are lilies.

Happy Holidays everyone!

2 Likes

#19 ellistrations received

#1 @cawindt - Colonial Williamsburg, thank you! A holiday sleep over sounds so fun, can’t remember the last time I had a fun sleepover. Have you decided what cookies you’ll make?

#20 @Triol - Christmas tree farm, thank you! Happy holidays to you as well! May the season be merry!

1 Like

I made Mary Berry’s Florentine cookies :cookie:

3 Likes

#5 reporting:

#1 @cawindt – “Celebrate Berlin”. I love this colorful and whimsical card (with bears!). Berlin is one of the few European cities I have been to, and one I’d love to see again. Glad you are doing things you enjoy. I’m a huge fan of audio books and I always have one going (right now it’s “My Struggle Book 4” by Karl Ove Knausgaard).

#21 @BeachyBlonde - This cheerful gingerbread boy, and you, wish me lots of postcards in 2022. We’ll make that happen! Thanks!

#24 @roxy – “Happy LLamadays”, a new twist on the holiday. I always seem to mix up llamas and alpacas. But “Happy Alpacadays” wouldn’t work well…

Thank you all for the great cards.

They are here.

1 Like

#18 reporting with more received cards. I received these yesterday December 18, 2021.

#7 @treeclimber sent heart sugar cookies. They look good.

#20 @Triol sent a faire isle knit christmas sweater card. I’m horrible at it, but love the results.

#26 @alcott1 sent a lit up botanical garden in St Louis. I’m sure your husbands friends would agree Hemet is pretty much where mountains, desert, & valley meet. It’s why we get cold nights & very warm days, even in winter. This right now it’s pretty cold (well for SoCali natives its cold) during the day.

1 Like

#1 @cawindt – Colonial Williamsburg “fife and drums”–beautiful card!
#11 @PostAddy – A VW decorated for Christmas–my husband loves this card!
#13 @ladybug513 – “Let it Snow”–I love snow, too, now that I’m retired and can admire it from my window.
#14 @dnrhott – Beautiful crystals. The past two years I’ve loved Jade–“Serenity”
#16 @sleepyhippo1 – The Three Bears illustration–so cute!
#18 @crochetjessica – Beautiful rain! I love the rabbit stamps.
#23 @normajean – Man noting 50MPH winds in a blizzard–I live near Edwardsville, where the Amazon warehouse was damaged by high winds. The wind was very frightening here that night.
Merry Christmas!

3 Likes

Good evening everyone! I’ll be doing an update here tomorrow and then will open up January afterward. May the odds be ever in your favour…

3 Likes