[RR] North American December 2021 Round Robin - The Give the Gift of Postcards Edition - Closed

Hi, I will switch that over tomorrow. Sorry I missed that!

@teddypostcrossing #15 reporting:

#30 @RockyRoadTrip Thank you for this snowman card! I especially like his heart smoke rings! I never tire of snowmen, yet I am more of a Spring person! We have actually been experiencing a snow shortage this season so far! And I donā€™t blame you-the beach always sounds good! Take care!

2 Likes

#13 So many cards to report! So here is a start:

#2 @CrimsonKing - ā€œAll I want for Christmas is youā€ Well, thank you very much! Havenā€™t watched Love Actually yet this year, but Iā€™'ll get around to it! We finally bought a tree and the twins helped us decorate it last night. My shopping is done and wrapped as we will be celebrating this coming Sunday. Canā€™t wait! Merry Christmas!

#3 @cruzin - a cute family of snowmen which actually represents our family - mom, dad and three kids! Thank you!

#4 @jenhart - a cute little bear pulling a little one in a sled and leaving a message in the snow. Such a sweet card! Thank you for the card and the holiday wishes. A white Christmas would suit me just fine! Not gonna happen.

#5 @carolreader - Thank you for the beautiful card of Mary and the sleeping baby being serenaded by angels, one with a violin. Our tree is up, but I still need to decorate the rest of the house. I love the change of seasons and donā€™t think I would like living anywhere else either. The cold can be beastly!

#6 @mikeyz1 - Thank you so much for Mitsumasa Annoā€™s pen/ink/watercolor of ā€œThe Boy who Cried Wolf.ā€ Did you see the cats walking on the wall? Iā€™ve already bought our daughterā€™s dog, Dexter, an ā€œempawnadaā€ treat for his stocking along with a toy which I expect he will destroy within 5 minutes, or so. Happy Holidays to you and your family, too!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade - Thank you for the magical Christmas fox! ā€œLive life to the fullestā€ is always good advice, but especially these days. Happy Holidays!

#9 @scoutingbear - Strawberries! Yum! As old fashioned as it is, I still miss my strawberry wallpaper that used to grace the walls of my kitchen. Strawberry dress? I donā€™t think so! Thank you!

#10 @emotis - A Christmas PHQ with great Christmas postage! Thank you! Iā€™m hoping to catch up with Christmas movies next week. Iā€™ll be binging! Wish you a Merry Christmas, too!

#11 @PostAddy - Thank you for the Ginger Snaps Recipe. I honestly donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever had one! I think Iā€™ll try making these to take to my brotherā€™s on Christmas Eve. Shake things up a little! Merry Christmas!

Have to break here as the roofers are coming in half an hour and I have to shower before they get here! To be continued. . .

4 Likes

#29 - All my cards were sent yesterday and I got a few great ones to share!

#3 @Cruzin - Thank you for the Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Greetings! Love the font on the card, itā€™s so fun!

#6 @mikeyz1 - Thank you for this cute Red Panda! I imaging this is such a relaxing time of year for you after working hard on the last semester. Take it easy!

#7 @treeclimber - Thank you for the Milk and Cookies! I can just imagine the wonderful smells in your kitchen with all that baking. Those are my favorite types of candles: cookies, cake, vanilla, sweet baked things in general!

#10 @emotis - Thank you for a Bah Humpug card! I have been following this artist for years. Her older pug that died was a similar age to mine, so it was fun seeing her talk about having a geriatric dog as I did. Love this card!

#11 @PostAddy - Thank you for this Eggnog recipe card! I am not really a fan of eggnog, but I do love trying a new recipe. I agree sometimes making something from scratch is better than buying it in a store. I am still drinking my cider from the fall!

#15 @teddypostcrossing - Thank you for this beautiful fawn pug! Love the stickers of the doggies as well! Dogs are the best! Pets are so special and I look forward to getting another pet to add to the family again. :purple_heart:

#16 @sleepyhippo1 - Thank you for The Pheasant! I enjoy getting those random cards, so thank you for this one! I am not sure if Iā€™ve seen a pheasant, but I must have at some point and probably just didnā€™t realize it. This one looks neat though!

#18 @crochetjessica - Thank you for this Solstice! Itā€™s a full moon on Saturday and I am excited. We have had some wonderfully clear skies the last few days so I am hoping it is clear so I can use my telescope!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip - Thank you for the Happy Holidays from the post office! Never seen a card like this from the letter carrier, but itā€™s super neat!

See all the postcards Iā€™ve received for this RR here!

5 Likes

#19 ellistrations received

#3 @Cruzin - kitten in a Santa hat, thank you! The year has definitely flown by, hard to believe itā€™s almost 2022.

#15 @teddypostcrossing - snow globe, thank you! Iā€™ve always wanted to collect snow globes but never did. My dad was never fond of having ā€œdust collectorsā€ in the house so I grew up learning not to buy anything that is meant to sit out, haha! I do admire them though.

#21 @Beachyblonde - gnome with woodland animals, thank you! Iā€™m so close to collecting gnomes but Iā€™d have no place to them them. Haha!

3 Likes

Thanks to #9 @scoutingbear for adding to my WAW collection with the Bison card. Enjoy your upcoming break!

2 Likes

#22 uconn

#16 @sleepyhippo1 I canā€™t say Iā€™ve seen Island Women. These huge cards are OK with me

#24 @roxy thanks for the Christmas greetings and nice stamps

#25 @jocrafts cool motel sign thanks

2 Likes

#19 ellistrations received

#6 @mikeyz1 - cat dressed as sushi, thank you! Where has December gone? One week until Christmas!

#16 @sleepyhippo1 - think big, thank you! This is a cute card! I miss those Golden Books. We may have a few around here somewhere.

#24 @roxy - Christmas village, thank you! I wish weā€™d have a white Christmas one day, maybes weā€™ll travel for one some day. It rarely ever snows here, unfortunately.

1 Like

#2 CrimsonKing received from

#30 @RockyRoadTrip that is a tall house and looks drafty! Iā€™d live under ten comforters and wouldnā€™t emerge until late Spring, go into hibernation mode, lol. :grin: Thank you for the card Rocky!

1 Like

@TwoDoggies
@cawindt

Hello, #15 reporting that I mis-reported receiving a card for this group from @TwoDoggies So I am withdrawing my report. Itā€™s still a great card! Thanks!
:grin:

Sorry about that!

#13 is back with cards from:

#12 @Yarn-Lady - Santa flying over a snowy village! What a great card! Thank you for the card and your Christmas wishes. I sure hope I get some wonderful gifts! Wishing you a joyous season, too!

#14 @dnrhott - Fun Fact card re the worldā€™s largest pizza (131 feet and 51,257 lbs.). This gluten-free monstrosity was created by Nardi in Rome along with two other lead chefs and a team of dozens of assistants in the margherita style. Pizza! Pizza! Thank you for this fun card and holiday wishes. Happy Holidays!

#15 @teddypostcrossing - Love this terrific card of a dozen Snoopy images! No worries that you wrote it out. It will still go in her album and she will like having her mother read her the message. Nice Christmas stickers!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA - Itā€™s been years and years since we visited Mt. Vernon and I donā€™t remember seeing this tomb, either. In the eight years our youngest lived in the area, we never went back for another visit. Thank you for this vintage card!

#18 @crochetjessica - Orange poppies, the State Flower of California, possibly viewed as a floral representation of the ā€œfields of goldā€ sought during the gold rush. No wonder you see so many of them. As you wrote, they are so beautiful growing along the roadside. Thank you!

#19 @ellistrations - Thank you for this fantastic PHQ of ā€œChristmas (Pantomime - Dame).ā€ Great image and so colorful! Nice large letter PA postage, stickers and washi, too. Happy Holidays to you!

#22 @uconn - a recipe for Strawberry Cake Roll. This looks absolutely delicious. Iā€™ve never rolled a cake, but I might just have to try! A rolled up strawberry shortcake! Thank you!

#23 @normajean - Thank you for the vintage Angel reprint you sent! I hope your recovery from surgery is swift and that you are comfortable enough to enjoy the peace, joy and love you wish for me. Happy subbing! Merry Christmas!

#25 @jocrafts - Thank you for the penguin Christmas card with penguin stickers! My husband, Tony, was impressed with the collection of vintage postage stamps! He laughed at how ā€œirrationalā€ your wedding date was. Yes, he reads my postcards before I do if heā€™s the one checking the mailbox. Next palindrome day: 03/02/2030!

#26 @alcott1 - A Christmas Sketch ā€œFive Oā€™Clock in the Morningā€ by Thomas Nast for Harperā€™s Weekly. The image is of two children looking toward their Christmas toys whose shadows have been cast upon their nightgowns. I can remember my brothers and youngest sister waking us up at an ungodly hour on many a Christmas morning. Surprisingly enough, our own children never did! Thank you!

#27 @NittanyLionRI - Yes to everything you asked! I still enjoy going to ā€œWanamakerā€™sā€ (now Macyā€™s) to see the light show. Love watching our grandchildrenā€™s faces the first time they see it. There is now a carousel in City Hall courtyard and a Christmas Market across the street in LOVE Park.
We went to one Mummerā€™s Day Parade. Quite the experience! Thank you for the cute Christmas Penguin! Happy New Year to you!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip - What a lovely vintage card of children prepping to ice skate! Thank you, Rocky! We did ice skate a bit as kids. The city fire department would flood a flat area next to the river when the weather was cold. It wasnā€™t very smooth, but we persisted! The Saint and I have skated in Rockefeller Center and on a pond in Washington State Park where George crossed the Delaware to Trenton on Christmas Eve. We even skated in our backyard one year when it rained and froze on our snow covered yard. That was fun! Happy Holidays!

3 Likes

#5 reporting:

#7 @treeclimber ā€“ a yummy card! I donā€™t like syrup on my waffles, so whip cream and a cherry would be perfect. I donā€™t bake cookies, and I donā€™t know what to do with all the cookies people are giving me. Bah, humbug!

#11 @PostAddy ā€“ brightly colored Haeckel jellyfish. I like this version of his drawings - the other ones Iā€™ve seen arenā€™t so colorful. Yes, I like the designs.

#16 @sleepyhippo1 ā€“ I would have to agree with you ā€“ I love PICTURES of raccoons, but the live animals? I stay away ā€“ they can be mean. I love the card, though.

#27 @NittanyLionRI ā€“ This garden is lovely. This looks like a great place to visit! Iā€™d love to go to Virginia again.

Thank you all for the great cards.

You can see them here.

3 Likes

#16 @sleepyhippo1
Who is this lion? Oh a Tawny Scrawny Lion never heard of him. A blizzard you say? Yikes :grimacing: Thank you Merry :christmas_tree: Christmas

#20 @Triol Crystals from my favorites I dream to dig for Gems. All the best to you in 2022.
Thank you.

#24 @roxy a Merry Christmas town Happy Holidays to you too. Thank you.

2 Likes

#29 - One lovely card arrived!

#9 @scoutingbear - Thank you for this sweet Christmas card with a cat and teddy bears! I enjoyed the caution washi tape. I enjoy a lot of true crime media. My boyfriend thinks itā€™s all about gorey murder but more often than not, itā€™s about stories of injustice or unsolved crimes or something like that. Itā€™s not for everyone!

See all the postcards Iā€™ve received for this RR here!

4 Likes

#6 reporting

#15 @teddypostcrossing sent a great snowy mailbox. Great card!

#23 @normajean sent a great Cardinal Charley Harper card! And yes, all generations think the next generations have totally lost their mind!!! haha But to the defense of the younger generation, organizations have also changed how they treat their employees, and so some of the younger generationsā€™ attitudes have adapted to that too. But wow, lots of fast change now!

#25 @jocrafts sent a great Black Panther card! Love it!

2 Likes

#17 reporting in with thanks for some more cool cards received:

#3 @Cruzin Rocky Mountain National Park map card, full of flora, fauna and sights.

#6 @mikeyz1 a Biden portrait card. Iā€™ve got mixed feelings on Biden, but am mostly happy with him as President. Things have definitely made an improvement. Vintage stamps didnā€™t get postmarked.

#7 @treeclimber a cutting board with a delicious looking raisin bread and some holiday items. Cool snowman hand-stamp, and a couple vintage stamps that didnā€™t get postmarked.

#11 @PostAddy a scene Iā€™m calling ā€œChristmas in the cornerā€ā€“a tree, and gifts, and an end of fireplace mantle with stockings.

#12 @Yarn-Lady great fresco of the Nativity.

#13 @ladybug513 a painting of a pointsettia. When we lived in California,(near Los Angeles( I seem to remember pointsettias growing bush-sized.

#18 @crochetjessica a view of space, with a Mahatma Gandhi quote, ā€œGod has no religionā€

#21 @Beachyblonde A Nativity-scene stained glass window. I love stained glass windows. Such work goes into them.

4 Likes

#23 reporting a few more cards

#7 @treeclimber - Heart shaped Cookies with a glass of milk. Sometimes I miss baking, but my kitchen has no island workspace, and the bakery spoiled me to having everything I need at my fingertips. My husband wants to bake shortbread cookies for Christmas, and Iā€™m thinking of watching him while relaxing with a glass of wine :wink:

#10 @emotis - An LP Christmas scene with snow and ice fun; so lovely. I enjoy reading about RR members who grew up ice skating. So many completely different childhood (and adult) experiences in this group. I love it.

#11 @PostAddy - A Merry Christmas card of a blue truck filled with decorated Christmas trees pulling a small blue camper also decorated for Christmas. Your Washi and stickers are so nice, and my mailbox has certainly kept me eager for the daily mail. As for my heart, in spite of anything less than perfect, these are certainly happy days and my heart is full. Merry Christmas to you!

1 Like

#11 received from:

#16 @sleepyhippo1 a Mary Cassatt painting: Nicole and her Mother. Beautiful, thank you!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip a nice Christmas scene at the train station. Thanks!

#6 reporting

#1 @cawindt sent a great card from a Romanian monastary. I enjoyed Erik Laronā€™s Lusitiana book. Listening to Clint Smithā€™s How the Word Is Passed about slavery. Great one!

#27 @NittanyLionRI sent me a great card from Bryant College/University!

2 Likes

#27 NittanyLionRI - received 3 wonderful cards today from this group. Thank you allšŸ˜Š

#16 @sleepyhippo1 - sent a beautiful jaguar photo. I hope your week has gotten better.

#24 @roxy - sent a Merry Christmas card. Funny that you want a green Christmas. I donā€™t have to work on Christmas Day this year so Iā€™m hoping for a white one :snowflake::wink:

#30 @RockyRoadTrip - sent a cute postal Happy Holidays card.

1 Like